Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-04-2007, 04:56 PM   #1  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Default Please help!

I am feeling soooooo dumb. Am I doing something wrong? Asking the wrong questions? Sounding too weird? Somebody please tell me if I should change names, speak up more or shut up or something? It seems like nobody responds to anything I post and I know I sound like I'm whining and don't mean to, but I figure I'm doing SOMETHING wrong, you know? Just in case there's anybody out there willing to reply, I'm wondering about adjusting to drinking 80 oz. or more of water a day. I know *they* say it's great for you, but I'm waking up two or three times during the night to pee, which is NOT great for me, because I drive an hour - sometimes and hour and a half, even, to get to & from work every day, and work five days a week. I really need my sleep. Thanks.

Ella
ellabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 05:04 PM   #2  
Skinny Chick in Training

S/C/G: 191/178-182???/145

Height: 5' 9"

Hi ella The weekends are really slow on here, as far as water, i dont drink it, so I cant say anything :blush: I know I should but I cant stand it, I drink tea, which "they" say is a no no and that you end up needing even more water. to each is own have a great one!! And dont worry I think I get ignored to HAHA I totally whine to much. --Sumi
sumisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 05:05 PM   #3  
ONEderland, I 0wn you!

S/C/G: 289/195/169

Height: 5'10"

How long have you been drinking alot of water? For me, it took about 2 weeks to get up to 138 ozs a day. I did it in gradual stages, I've always gotten the 64 recommended, but I just added an extra 8 oz every few days, giving my body time to adjust, then adding more. The extra need to pee will go away in a few weeks.

As for the rest, weekends are a really slow time I've noticed. Those of us who stay home are spending time with our families who are all home, those of us who work, are catching up with families and chores.
Angihas2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 05:06 PM   #4  
lisa

S/C/G: 209.5/193/135

Height: 5'2"

Hi.
I really don't know for sure but that sounds like way tooo much water to be drinking! What is the daily required amount for weight loss?? I thought 64oz or something. As far as not getting your questions answered, I to find it difficult at times and am not sure where I should be to post. What groups or whatever. I guess I just chime in where it sounds like something I am interested in. I do find it hard to connect with anyone but I have only been on this site for a few weeks. What is hard for me is to remember where I posted to see if anyone has replied to my message. That might be easier if you stay within one group(forum).
Sorry I was no help with the water but it does sound like ALOT.
Lisa
lottalisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 05:07 PM   #5  
lisa

OH MY!
132oz! I guess that sounds like alot!
Lisa
Old 03-04-2007, 05:12 PM   #6  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey Chicks,

Look at the number of people who read a thread compared to the number who reply. It's listed on the main screens for each forum. You'll see that there are often dozens of people reading. So it isn't that what you post isn't getting seen--it's that some people are shy and are just reading instead of responding.

I've seen both of you post replies on other threads--but I think what happens is that everyone is responding to the original post and don't always have anything to add about what you've said. But I've read both of your replies and thought they were fine things to say.

Mostly it can be slow here sometimes on weekends, as sumisan noted. Also it seems like more folks are on before work and in the evenings.

Now, about the water thing. Ellabella, you could drop to 64 ounces and still be in the range for healthy water intake according to "them," so try that. Also, drink it throughout the day, but not a lot right before bed and see if that makes a difference. People here on 3FC have a range of opinions, from "can't drink enough" to "aw, it's all rumor." I personally drink as much as I do because I get kidney stones--and my dr. told me by definition, people who get kidney stones are not drinking enough water.

sumisan, I like tea also, but only decaf. I drink a lot of that!

Anyway, cheers to both of you!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 05:13 PM   #7  
Skinny Chick in Training

lottalisa a easy way to keep track is to subscribe to the thread under thread tools at the top, then under quick links go to subscribed threads everyday and you will see all the ones your currently subscribed to and if there are new posts Hope that helps!
Old 03-04-2007, 05:15 PM   #8  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Thank you! Thank you! Gawd, you don't know how much better I feel!
ellabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 05:17 PM   #9  
lisa

Sumisan,
Thanks I didn't even know what that was! I am excited!
Lisa
Old 03-04-2007, 05:36 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 209/209/160

Height: 5'9

I was under the impression that if you drink too much water, you start to flush the nutrients out of your system?

I drink tons of the stuff. I'm constantly thirsty. This is one of the few positive side-effects of heavy smoking.
baffled111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 05:53 PM   #11  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

I drink LOTS of water. At least four 32oz bottles per day - sometimes more. I am a thirsty girl, & I love my water. And yeah, I pretty much visit the ladies room every hour, on the hour, LOL! But that's GOOD.

If you're getting up in the middle of the night to go, perhaps you should start cutting back on the water an hour or two before bedtime? It'll have to be a trial & error before you get the right amount at the right time for you.

But I know what you mean about getting up & the long drive to work, etc. That's a real pain! - I NEED MY SLEEP! - if I don't get enough sleep for whatever reason, my whole day is shot.
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 06:31 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 100kg/ticker/65kg

Height: 170cm

It's interesting that tea doesn't seem to count in your daily water total - I think it does. After all, isn't tea really just a cup of hot water plus flavour (+milk and sugar if you like)? I drink 2.5litres per day (sorry - I don't know how many ounces that is), when the recommendation is 2L.

I think that if drinking more tea helps you increase your water intake, then go for it. Personally, I like peppermint tea, with one tiny spoon of sugar. yum!

Kylie
Elerine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 06:55 PM   #13  
Skinny Chick in Training

LOL I agree my doctor ran labs on me and says I am well hydrated. I drink ALOT of tea, its my caffiene fix. I had to change to green tea in the morning and night since my iron pills wont be absorbed so I drink 4 cups green tea and about 8 cups black tea. My coffee cups are big too although I have yet to see how big LOL So it works for me and I am keeping at it because the alternative is not fun for me. The only way I have ever been able to drink loads of water was when I was into starbursts as a teen. I would suck on one and drink nearly a 12 oz bottle that I would refill with each one. Man did I pee alot haha Someone suggested to me sugar free gum but its just not the same LOL
Old 03-04-2007, 06:58 PM   #14  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey Elerine!

I count the tea as extra just because my dr. said that only water was water. I think he wants people not to think that because they are drinking something, it's the same as drinking water (such as soft drinks, fruit juices, coffee).

Sumiko-san, my sister loves tea and it is her caffeine fix! She can't drink coffee because it give her bad migraines.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 07:14 PM   #15  
Skinny Chick in Training

Jay I dont drink coffee because of the taste, although I go through expresso phases where I love soy latte's (but I cant have those now). Thats funny that you added the ko to my username, you must have known someone japanese before. My grandma used to call me sumiko but my mom always used sumisan. I agree about the water but I look at it like this: no water or tea. I will hae to make it a goal one day but for now... I am sticking with it LOL I cant handle giving it up yet.