General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 07:33 PM   #1  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Default Lasik

Anyone have lasik? How was your recoup? I had it yester
Old 02-22-2007, 08:50 PM   #2  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Height: 5'7"

I'v been thinking about it , even booked a consult then chickened out. How was it?
Old 02-22-2007, 09:39 PM   #3  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

A former co-worker's hubby had it. He had to wear sunglasses for about 2 weeks. But other than that, he loved it from the first minute. He didn't seem to have any problems at all with it.
Old 02-22-2007, 09:50 PM   #4  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

I have a consult on the 28th. My DD had it and loves it. However, at my age and with accute astigmatisms, I'm not sure I will be a candidate.

It's a free consult, so I'll go see what my options are.

Did they say if you may have to wear reading glasses in the future?
Old 02-22-2007, 10:53 PM   #5  

Height: 5' 6

I had lasik on December 23rd. It is wonderful!!!! I have forgotten that I ever had contacts/glasses. The only thing I have noticed is that my eyes are dry when I wake up. (Its still much easier to put in an eyedrop than contacts!!!) Slowly this has been getting better. Today I could have went without drops, but its kind of a habit now. Other than that I have not have any problems... only benefits. myspace.com/amandaklemz (there is a very detailed blog about the whole process, which I wrote right after my Lasik... if anyone is interested!)
Old 02-23-2007, 02:49 PM   #6  
Owned by Dixie

I am so happy with the results 2 days out! 20/20 yestrday morning and my astigmatism is GONE forever. Reading glasses will for sure come in my future as ill all of us as we age.

I can't say i would jump back on the table anytime soon. it was uncomfortable and parts were just very weird, BUT i can't believe how clear everything is! Yesterday felt like I had dirty contacts in all day. my eyes were dry yesterday morining and again this moring, but no biggie, and I do have some eyeball brusing which the kids think is yucky, but I can't see it. The drops are a pain in the butt, but then again way better than trying to keep my glasses clean and dealing with contacts.
Old 02-23-2007, 02:53 PM   #7  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

I'm so happy for you.

May I ask? How much? If you don't want to put it on here, could you PM me, please?
Old 02-23-2007, 05:45 PM   #8  
Owned by Dixie

It was 5800 out of pocket, BUT I spend close to 800 a year on glasses, good quality sunglasses and contact lenses plus solutios et al. So it is a 6 break even point. The drs usually offer a payment plan. The 5800 covers the surgery, all pre op post op for 2 years and any tweaking that might have to be done, which is between 10-15% of patiants.

Does that help?
Old 02-23-2007, 05:53 PM   #9  
breakfast rebel

Height: 5' 4.5"

I had a botched job Lasik. It was not so bad the first year but my vision has since gone down the toilet in flames.
Before Lasik I used to be very nearsighted, but now I need reading glasses for everything...I need reading glasses for distance!!! That is NOT supposed to happen. I need reading glasses to look at the freaking stars in the sky. I never used to need reading glasses even for the telephone book. Now I am looking for remedial Lasik to fix the botched job, but I don't know how long to wait - the technology seems to be improving rapidly and I am not sure when to jump in again.
Old 02-23-2007, 09:02 PM   #10  

Height: 5' 6

My LASIK was $3300. I used the "latest greatest" laser... the acuvue. Supposedly it is better than traditional LASIK. I now have better than 20/20 vision.. 20/10. I would do it again in a heartbeat. I just can't say enough just how great it is... I'm convincing my brother to go next!
Old 03-03-2007, 09:36 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 174/137/135

Height: 5"5

Default Do Your Homework with LASIK

Before making any appointments for LASIK surgery, do your homework. We live in the Seattle area, so there are a lot of clinics that offer it at very low price. Some people also go to Canada. I Googled "LASIK correction" and variations of that to find out where people went to get help. This led to the University of Washington where we were able to schedule an appointment with the director of the clinic. It cost approximately the same as other places and he did a great job! My husband went from - 7 in both eyes to 20/20 the first time out.

Good luck!
Closed Thread