Old 03-01-2007, 07:01 AM   #1  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Smile March's NSV's

Hello everybody. I know February is the shortest month, but man oh man it REALLY flew by. We filled up 17 pages in 28 days. 17 pages!! Go us!! We MUST top that this month. We just must.

For those of you unfamiliar with the term, NSV stands for Non Scale Victory. This is where we share our progress on matters that don't necessarily relate to the number on the scale. Such as making a healthier choice, receiving a compliment, fitting into clothing better, something in the fitness area and the such. It is definitely one of my favorite threads, incredibly inspiring and no, it is NOT the time to be humble!!! So let's start filling er' up.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 07:07 AM   #2  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I had a couple of small NSV's. Although as far as I'm concerned even the smallest NSV is really not so small at all.

Last night DH and I were tossing and turning in the middle of the night. TMI alert. I kinda went over to him to snuggle, yes just snuggle. He said to me "When's the rest of you gonna come over" and then he said "You're just a slip of a girl now". I really, really loved that slip of a girl comment!!

Also I was making oatmeal cookies again yesterday, my daughter needed it for some school function. I made them last about 2 weeks ago or so and had eaten a tiny bit of cookie dough and 1/2 of a baked cookie, which I thought was pretty darn good. But yesterday - NOTHING, ZERO, NADA went down my throat. I still can't believe it.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 07:15 AM   #3  
Starting over 3/24/2017

S/C/G: 329/ticker/140

Height: 5' 5"

I wore a shirt to church last night that I have not been in for almost a year. It was a very good feeling.
RitzyFritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 07:26 AM   #4  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Great goin', Robin, on resisting that COOKIE DOUGH! Baking moments are still my toughest challenges!

What a sweet hubby to say such a cute thing! I think you should put that under your name in your signature -Slip of a girl!

My NSV happened unexpectedly this morning as I was unloading the Easter bins from our crawlspace and loading up the Valentine bins back into the crawlspace. First of all it was a LOT easier just to maneuver around within the crawlspace (about 3 feet high)! The BIG DEAL this morning though, for me, was fitting BETWEEN the two stacks of bins! There was space for me, the two stacks of bins AND the pillar that supports the house! I fit into this small space! I actually sat back on the little stool with wheels that we use in there and gazed at the small space that fit ME! I'm going down there in a few minutes to get more stuff and plan to go in that space again just to make myself feel good! (Isn't it CRAZY the things that really get ya excited?!! )

Cheryl
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 08:38 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

Robin, I love the "slip of a girl" thing -- that had to feel soooo good!!

Here's my 1st March NSV. My mom has been losing weight too, and she gives me clothes when they get too big for her, because she's a size or two smaller now. She gave me a jacket at Christmas and I could wear it but it was too tight to comfortably button it (I'm a bit top-heavy after all). This morning I put it on and not only could I button it but it overlaps considerably in the front when I close it. It's amazing how much your body can change in just a few months.

Also, the compliments keep coming lately, which really helps, especially because I've been having some stress at work. I have had kids being rude to me, parents being even worse (which I'm sorry to say is often the case), and just an overwhelming pile of work to do that I can't catch up on. Running and working out helps with the stress, certainly, but so do all those nice comments!
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 01:26 PM   #6  
Tryin'

Height: 5'3

my boss came up to me and whispered in my ear "are you shrinking?"
which made me smile, but then she said, "is it because of all the stress.."
when i said no, then she said "so, it was planned...well you look good".

woohoo, i was so happy...and then i realized that the other nsv was that i stuck to my plan even during all the stress she was talking about! so, this lifestyle really does work....even when things are hard!! woohoo
train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 01:46 PM   #7  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

LisaMarie: You have been an inspiration to me. You started out a little less than my start weight, but you are so close to a breakthrough that I dream about! There are many in this group that are making a difference in my life, and I count you among those. ONEDERLAND in sight! Awesome work you have done. I understand the stress of too much to do and not much for positive comments! Hang in there! This too shall pass!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 04:20 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Slashni, thank you so much!! I almost cried when I read your post! I remember when I first started posting here in July and I looked at people's tickers and thought that it all seemed so far away. But time passes anyway, whether you make good choices or bad ones, and now look! I'm so much closer to my goal, and I've hit so many milestones. You'll be there before you know it.

I love knowing that I could actually be an inspiration to someone. I think the great thing about this board is that we all draw so much inspiration and encouragement from each other, and it doesn't matter what stage you're on in your journey -- everyone can learn from everyone else. It's truly a beautiful thing!!
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 04:43 PM   #9  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaMarie71 View Post
. But time passes anyway, whether you make good choices or bad ones, and now look! I'm so much closer to my goal, and I've hit so many milestones.
Thank you, Lisa. For some reason, I'm struggling with a negative mind-set today and I needed to be reminded of the big picture.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 04:58 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

I know I'm sure getting tons of inspiration and motivation from you all who are already on the downhill slope of your ride!!

My NSV today - The jeans that were too tight to be comfortable when I started 6 weeks ago can now be slipped on and off without unbuttoning. AND, they are so darn baggy in the butt that I can feel the skin of my upper legs together....meaning that the crotch is somewhere below crotch level. haha Tomorrow I'm going to get some that fit better and these are off to Goodwill! Woohoo!
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 07:45 PM   #11  

Does this count? I've been eating more salad with dinner. I'm eating it first, rather than last. When it was last, if I was full from eating dinner, I skipped it. Now, it's first, so I fill up on the salad (low fat dressing on the side) and eat a smaller serving at dinner.
kristinaferina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 07:46 PM   #12  

Oh and I bought a new scale today. So I am ready to weigh in and get started!
kristinaferina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 07:51 PM   #13  
Movin' and Groovin'

S/C/G: 289/269/180

Height: 5'6"

Someone at work noticed my weight loss. I was on
JennyWenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 08:33 PM   #14  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

My 1st March NSV:

I resisted: the orange juice with no nutrition facts listed, bacon, a muffin, a soda, a piece of chocolate, pizza, fries, and a piece of pie. And what makes it even weirder is that the fries, chocolate, and pie were the only things that I CONCIOUSLY resisted! Everything else, I just passed over without thinking about it. I didn't realize that until now. Freaky.

Oh and a co-worker asked me if I was losing weight. It's a question that is flattering but annoying at the same time. It's annoying to me because EVERYONE else can see that I'm trying to lose weight but me! I still look the same in my eyes.
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 08:41 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

I quit my job!!!!!

This has been an incredibly weird & stressful week starting with the co-owners at work getting into a fist fight & me having to call the cops. In the middle I was diagnosed with PCOS & given meds to help treat it. DH & I had a riproaring fight at 6am yesterday morning. Tomorrow I have an interview! Whew!!!

The NSV part (besides quitting a bad job) is that despite all of this I am still in a good mood. No sign of the depression & it's still winter! I feel like I am on top of the world!!!!
Lifeguard is offline   Reply With Quote