Old 03-01-2007, 09:26 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 201/172/128

Height: 5 feet 0 inches

Smile Help I've been living in denial

This thread is for all you ladies who saw your reflection one day and thought
"IS THAT ME?" Are you ready to recognize yourself again?
Well, its a new month so lets start fresh.

We welcome all new people and your ideas along with our old friends who have been with us on our previous thread.

We are here to encourage, (just kidding) encourage, laugh, motivate and most of all begin to "recognize ourselves again!"

I'm Kiwi, and my goal is to get down to 128 by my birthday Oct 24, 2007. After searching for many years for the "magic pill" I finally decided to join WW in Jan. I'm actually enjoying it very much.

That's all for now. I hope to hear from many of you who may have some wonderful ideas that we can do as a group to help get us motivated.

Kiwi
Kiwi24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 09:59 AM   #2  

Smile

Hi everyone,

I'm sure everyone will find there way here even if I did forget how to do a link!!

Anyway, my goals by the end of March is to be in a size 14 Jacket! Which means button up the 14. I would like to be in a 14 pants also. I got a lot of junk in my trunk so I'm not sure that will be possible! But Its worth a shot!!

Anyhow I'm thinking about 10 - 15 pounds. Yeah that sounds crazy but I'm going on a cruise early part of April and I want to be looking good! Besides I'm not so much worried about pounds this month as I am inches because that's what its going to take!!
Old 03-01-2007, 10:08 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 226.6/190/160

Height: 5'4"

Hey - I am here.

My goals for March are:
  1. Walk a minimun of 10,000 steps a day.
  2. Lose 5 pounds.
  3. Stay OP.
I am glad to be a part of this "funny and supporting group of friends".

Have a great day and keep on
scalewatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 10:10 AM   #4  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Hey Kiwi No Problem I posted the Link.

So things for me went ok for me since I am not able to go to the store till sat I had to compromise my dinner. I had chili with a few corn chips. I know not the best of things. I had some yogurt for snack during the day and I ended up having a little bit of fruit loops Last night. I think I did well I didnt eat like I usually would of so I feel good about that. I also took me a two mile walk last night . I feel good Now working on day two...

Day 1
Day 2 ?

congrats to everyone who has done well this week I will get their soon.
Butterfly50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 10:24 AM   #5  

Bonnie- You should try Fiber One Cereal. I had it yesterday in Portabello Soup as croutons and it was really good. 1 serving (1/2 cup) has only 60 calories, 1 gram of fat and 14 grams of fiber. I bet it would be good in chili and think of all the fiber you could add. I hope you continue to have success.
Old 03-01-2007, 01:28 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 250/255/200 for now

Height: 5'3"

Hello all,

I know this is a repeat but i wanted to thank you wonderful ladies for making me feel so welcome here

My goal for march
Steps 7600-8000
Weight to get under 240
Stay on track.

Am off to doctors need to have blood work for my thyroid and liver. Ugh
Hope you are all staying warmer then what i am here!! Was -43 this morning nothing like driving on square tires

Have a great day
WamTam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 10:33 PM   #7  

Unhappy oy

what a week. things have been crazy.
after 5 days of a sick, crabby baby i called the pediatrician to get him in. (he napped 5hrs that day!) of course it's the one day my pedi is out of the office so they tell me i have to wait till after 5pm and bring him to urgent care and see the pedi on call. so not only do i have to sit and wait my turn, i have a 1y/o who hasn't had dinner and is feeling all kinds of icky. we waited for an hour! ugh! anyway, ds has ear infection, we got some antibiotics and hopefully in a day or 2 he'll start feeling better.
TODAY i wake up to find i cracked a tooth in my sleep! i can't believe it! so i spend the morning trying to get in to the dentist, they get a last min. cancellation and i can go at 1:45. great, but now i need to find a sitter and i have um, an hour to do it! i call my sister to see if she will and she's in TEARS because she just found out that she won't have a job at the end of the month. they basically eliminated her position by closing all of the centers. she did come watch the kids for me, but i felt awful asking her to do it when she had such a bad day, AND of course now she has to deal w/MY sick baby!
i go to the dentist find out i need a ROOT CANAL! i can't believe it! i've never so much as had a cavity before (well before today) so he started doing it and i go in, in a few weeks to have it finished. ugh. what a week.
i don't have much confidence in tomorrow's weigh in. it's been a rough few days and now i'm coming down w/ds's cold.
if you guys have any extra thoughts/prayers could you send them to my sister? she's really stressing about what she's going to do. she's not the bread winner, but they rely on her income and they have 3 kids to think about.
on to my goals for march...
1. 150's (anywhere) by april 1st
2. work out at least 5 days a week
3. do better on eating clean then i have this week.

i hope everyone is doing well. i KNOW we can do this, and we WILL do it together!
tracy
momtu2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 06:53 AM   #8  

Good Morning to Everyone

momtu2- I will pray that your sister find the peace she needs in this situation. My grand daughter has a really bad ear infection right now also. I hope you son gets well soon. I also hope you have a better week now.

Wamtam-I have hypothyroidism and a multi-nodule goiter. I go for more testing April 2. Good luck with your testing.

Kiwi- I hope you can get in your size 14 jacket and pants for the cruise. I can remember when I was a size 14 and it really would feel nice to be there again.

Bonnie- How are you doing?

Danni- Where are you? Are you able to get on line again? Talk to us, I am having withdrawal.

Today is my WI. I hope that I have a good one.

Have a good day
Old 03-02-2007, 09:01 AM   #9  

Default more prayers please

sorry to keep bugging you guys, but some more thoughts and prayers are needed here.
my friend laura is 21 weeks pregnant and just went to the ER in labor. please pray that she can keep baby abigail or joshua cooking a little longer.
i probably won't be around much for the next couple days until things calm down around here.
thank you.
momtu2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 09:38 AM   #10  

Good Morning

Momtu2 especially you! You're right it has been a crappy week but on the up side. We know who holds tomorrow and he always takes care of his own. You will be in my prayers constantly along with your sister and your friend. Keep heart. All of you will get through.

Scalewatcher, what is hypothyroidism and a multi-nodule goiter?

Tammy, I hope the test turn out good.
Old 03-02-2007, 10:09 AM   #11  
one sexy science teacher

S/C/G: 231/194/130

Height: 5'5"

Ladies, I adore the title of this tread... and it fit me perfectly. When I started my weight loss journey in Jan I had stepped on a scale and cried... When I took my "before" photo I was shocked at how round I was. I knew I was a little heavy, but OMG!!! I was seriously round! I was living in denial... (somehow my brain was having a hard time seeing myself as getting bigger even though I kept buying bigger pants). But... I'm on the right track, and slowly losing the excess gunk that kept me in the bigger pants.
haeyu14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 11:33 AM   #12  

Ok Everybody I am not discouraged just disappointed.

I had my WI this morning and I always weigh at home before I go, in the same clothes and shoes every time. At home I had lost 2.4 pounds but at weigh in I had only lost 1.8 pounds, (not that 1.8 pounds is not good). When I got home I weighed again and sure enough I had lost 2.4 pounds. Well, I sat through the whole meeting wondering what had happened. Then one of the ladies said she was very upset and that she had gained 2 pounds and she knew it should be a loss. Then the leader said that Jim one of our guy members had lost 19 pounds this morning when he stepped on the scale... of course, they had him re-weigh and he had actually
(?or not?) lost 4.2 pounds. Then the leader said that they were having trouble with the computers this morning. I think that the scale is wrong today. I wonder how many other people there felt like I did. SO to make a long story short... I am not believeing that I only lost 1.8 pounds because my scales always matched theirs before. But on the good and upside of that next week should be a bigger loss if I play catch up with this weeks weigh in not registering correct.

Kiwi- Hypothyroidism
What are thyroid hormones?
Thyroid hormones are produced by the thyroid gland. This gland is located in the lower part of the neck, below the Adam's apple. The gland wraps around the windpipe (trachea) and has a shape that is similar to a butterfly - formed by two wings (lobes) and attached by a middle part (isthmus).

The thyroid gland uses iodine (mostly available from the diet in foods such as seafood, bread, and salt) to produce thyroid hormones. The two most important thyroid hormones are thyroxine (T4) and triiodothyronine (T3), which account for 99.9% and 0.1% of thyroid hormones present in the blood respectively. However, the hormone with the most biological activity is T3. Once released from the thyroid gland into the blood, a large amount of T4 is converted into T3 - the active hormone that affects the metabolism of cells.

Thyroid hormone regulation- the chain of command
The thyroid itself is regulated by another gland that is located in the brain, called the pituitary. In turn, the pituitary is regulated in part by the thyroid (via a "feedback" effect of thyroid hormone on the pituitary gland) and by another gland called the hypothalamus. The hypothalamus releases a hormone called thyrotropin releasing hormone (TRH), which sends a signal to the pituitary to release thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH). In turn, TSH sends a signal to the thyroid to release thyroid hormones. If a disruption occurs at any of these levels, a defect in thyroid hormone production may result in a deficiency of thyroid hormone (hypothyroidism).

Goiters and Nodules. Goiter is an enlargement of the thyroid gland. When all of the thyroid tissue is enlarged, called a diffuse goiter, the cause may be manifold, including Graves' or Hashimoto's disease, congenital goiter, and iodine deficiency in those areas of the world where iodine intake is particularly low. Goiter is therefore a reflection of a disease process and may occur with or without thyroid dysfunction. Once the cause of goiter is determined, specific treatment can be prescribed.
Goiter is frequently caused by lumps or nodules in the thyroid, which may be cysts, inflammation, or benign or malignant tumors. The physician can feel single or multiple nodules in 4 to 7 percent of the adult population in the United States. Nodules are found at a much higher frequency by applying ultrasound (sonography) or computerized tomography to the thyroid area. Similar to other thyroid diseases, most patients are female. Current estimates are that the annual incidence of thyroid nodules discovered by examination is about 0.1 percent of the adult population. However, the annual incidence of thyroid cancer is about 0.004 percent. Therefore, only about one in twenty newly discovered thyroid nodules are likely to be malignant.
Upon discovery of a thyroid nodules(s), the physician's main concern should be to determine whether the nodule is benign or malignant. The cornerstone for this determination is the fine-needle aspiration biopsy, a procedure in which a very fine needle is inserted directly through the skin into the nodule and, with gentle suction, cells from the nodule are aspirated, placed on glass slides, stained, and evaluated by microscopy. The biopsy, done with or without direct visualization by sonography, is a simple, safe, and relatively painless office procedure. The sensitivity for detection of thyroid cancer is about 85 percent and the specificty is about 92 percent. Cytology results in a diagnosis in 85 percent of samples, with 75 percent being benign, 5 percent being malignant and 20 percent suspicious for malignancy. The remaining samples are nondiagnostic or unsatisfactory samples. The experience of the operator and cytologist has a large influence on these results.

Have a great day and keep
Old 03-02-2007, 11:53 AM   #13  

Height: 5'

Arrow Ladies, please! Cut yourselves some slack!

I know it's embarrassing and humiliating to see pix of ourselves that don't match our self-image. I haven't been below 200 lbs. since BEFORE the Millennium turned, so believe me... it's something I understand.

But where you're at now doesn't matter - you're heading somewhere so much better! It's a temporary state and you're eating less, working out more, and hopefully laughing harder now than you were previously. Cut yourselves some slack!

We all know folks who won't diet although secretly they're very unhappy with themselves. But you ladies have the courage to fight and say, "I'm mad as **** and I'm not going to take it anymore!" So what if our current pic shows full thighs and bursting bellies? We're works in progress, objects of art that are being shaped and molded by our determination and dedication.

Sometimes we foul up and you know what? So what? We're human. We have lives, jobs, husbands, boyfriends, children, exes of every sort that can conspire to get us offtrack - usually unwillingly. And the Fickle Finger of Fate can do its own intervention whenever it damn well pleases. We may falter but so what - we pick ourselves up and continue on.

So please don't be too hard on yourselves if the scale doesn't reflect all the hard work that you're grinding in. I'm saying this myself as well when I gripe, I work out an hour a day and I'm watching what I eat and I'm still fat! It took Flaubert 13 years to write "Madame Bovary" and if it takes me a year or two to reshape my world, well, that's small potatoes in the grand scheme of things.

Let's celebrate ourselves as a Cassett on a good day or Degas in our fantasies or a one-eyed Picasso on those awkward days. And fortunately, due to this forum, we have lots of techniques and styles to share.

Give yourself a big hug and say, "I'm doing it!"
samanthaf63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 01:47 PM   #14  

Smile

Welcome Samatha and Haeyu14,

Haey, I know exactly what you are talking about. When I would go shopping I would pick out something that was to small but in my mind that's what I wore. I was convinced they were making clothes smaller so you had to go up in size. Thank goodness we are finally dropping!! Congrats on your weight loss!!

Scalewatcher, don't worry about the scales. That has happened to me but the following week it was correct. But it will irrate you because they are writting it down based on what they see. So continue on girl because you have lost the 2.4 pounds and it will adventually show up on their scale.
Old 03-03-2007, 07:05 AM   #15  
suz
suz

S/C/G: 178/150.6/135

Height: 5'3"

Smile

good morning ladies

to our new friends haeytou14 and samatha by the way that was very deep
thanks scalewatcher for the link

In our mini challenge I said I wanted to be down to 156 by april 1st but since I gained 2lb last week I will try for the 156 but it may be more realistic to shoot for 158 I will work on that

for those who do not know me I will introduce myself My name is Suz I live in the great white north that would be Canada eh I started my journey at 175 and now weigh 166 my goal is to get down to 135 i am doing this by eating healthy and exercise

does anyone know where Danni is?

kiwi what day do you leave on your cruise? Size 14 here you come

I better go I can here the coffee pot calling suz
suz is offline   Reply With Quote