Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 03-02-2007, 01:49 PM   #1  

S/C/G: s/c/g: 173/167.8/130

Height: 5'4

Question Luna Nutrition Bar

I recently bought some Luna bars that are only 4 points on WW. Are they safe enough to eat every day? They are easy to eat on the go, and I may incorporate them as a snack. They are very good (in my opinion). Has anyone tried them or heard anything about them?
cytheria21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 02:05 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 240/207/135

Height: 5'6

I love the Lemon Zest bar. I usually eat them when I don't have time, and I think they're quite filling. I just wouldn't rely on them as a meal everyday. Having them as a snack is a good idea. Some of the bars are under 200 calories.
athenac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 02:09 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 114/107/105

Height: 5'2

I really like the Iced Oatmeal Raisin bar. Its 170 calories. It is a little dry, and I don't tend to eat them on the go like most do because I find I enjoy it more if I eat it with like a 1/4 cup of skim milk, just so I can dip it before I take a bite. I know that sounds crazy, but the taste of the bar is delish! Its just a little too dry for me so the milk really makes it yummy.
paperdollme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 05:37 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 240/207/135

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperdollme View Post
I really like the Iced Oatmeal Raisin bar. Its 170 calories. It is a little dry, and I don't tend to eat them on the go like most do because I find I enjoy it more if I eat it with like a 1/4 cup of skim milk, just so I can dip it before I take a bite. I know that sounds crazy, but the taste of the bar is delish! Its just a little too dry for me so the milk really makes it yummy.
That doesn't sound crazy. That's sounds really good.
athenac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 07:59 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 230.8/see ticker/160

Height: 5'8

I love love love love love the Lemon Zest luna bar. Only thing I dislike is there's quite a bit of sugar in them and preservatives.
babygrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 11:20 PM   #6  

love 'em but can't afford 'em.
sweet_talker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 08:20 AM   #7  

Have you ever tried Lara Bars?

http://www.larabar.com

Their bars are all natural and only contain about 4-5 ingredients each. I love the Cherry Pie, but they're all good. I also like the Chocolate Coconut. It has a barely there chocolate taste and it's not terribly sweet and overwhelming and I find it's not a trigger for sweet food.

They're a little more costly but I think it's worth it. Whole Foods usually has them on sale and I buy the Cherry Pie by the box.
valentina is offline   Reply With Quote