Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 10:21 AM   #1  

Height: 5'1"

Wink Weight Loss and Chitchat #237.

Hello and to the Jaded Ladies site!

We are a group of ladies that come here for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting. So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome.
Old 03-02-2007, 10:25 AM   #2  

Good Morning Ladies!!

4Amy--I WI on Mondays. I think there are a couple who WI on Mondays also.....and a few that WI on Saturdays. Happy to have you a part of our group.

Jules--Ok....I'm waiting for an update on hubby's hand. How is he doing?

Good morning to the rest of you gals!!

Ok.....today I'm DEFINATELY going to do the YBB video. So.....that's where I'm headed now. Off the computer and onto the floor.

Have a great FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-02-2007, 11:33 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 205/193/155

Amy- I didn't get to welcome you last night. So I have a little group on one of the forums here that we all have a Monday WI, you are more than welcome to join us, if you choose Monday as your WI day.

Marti- March 9th is when I get all my blood work results too. Mine was taking so long because the dr said that she didn't know if my ins. would make the results be done in an outside lab so she knew by that date if they were sent out they would be back. Took me so long to go and now I am anxious for my results. Doesn't make much sense for me does it?

Sue- Those 2 (Antonette and Sanjay) were the 2 that I was wrong about going home on AI. He is so much like Micheal Jackson, which may be his appeal to the viewers. He put me a lot in mind of M. Jackson in "Beat It" with the way Sanjay was dressed and his hat this last competition.

I have some work to do today and then deliver Avon. I plan on getting some exercise in today too. I have to do close to 20 min a day to get to my exercise goal this week. I am out of my Healthy Choice and WW meals and this is grocery weekend, so I am not sure what I am going to have for lunch. Maybe just a bowl of oatmeal.... getting hungry and it's almost lunchtime so I am going to go. Be back later.
HI EVERYONE- HAVE A GOOD DAY
Old 03-02-2007, 11:50 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 205.5/158.50/132

Height: 5'7"

Reached my mini goal! I'm in ONEDERLAND!!!!! It'll be official on Monday (hopefully) when I weigh in but I am so happy! I'm going to reset my weight on here. Today I realized that this is something I can do for sure. I'm not doing anything difficult really. Just making the right choices. I think I'll go post in the mini goal thread. Ha! Well, thanks for being here for me. I think I'll spend some time and write you all down on paper so I can tell who is who and who is doing what....

Welcome Amy ~ I weigh in on Monday's. I think as long as you have a day to weigh in and you have someone that you are accountable to its a good thing!

Today it's keep on doing what i'm doing! I did a lot as far as organizing the papers on my desk. I can see my desk. I worked on it until late last night. And I did a lot of laundry yesterday. I'm getting those piles down lower. So...today it's more of the same.

Have a beautiful day! Tina

Last edited by onmyown; 03-02-2007 at 11:52 AM. Reason: reset my measuring thing..;)
Old 03-02-2007, 12:05 PM   #5  
GmaTo8

Just a fly-by for me today. I have so much to do, but wanted to tell you all hello.

We got a phone call yesterday from a local funeral home, saying that Neal's dad is buried in the wrong plot! He is supposed to be in back of his headstone, but was placed in front of it, by mistake. The company found this out when they dug a grave nearby for someone else a couple of days ago. Neal gave the mortician the phone number of his older brother, who's very critical of all Neal does, and will let him handle it. But isn't that an odd situation??

I'm headed to town for some gift shopping and then for groceries. We're having Terry and Gina's little crumbsnatchers over for dinner tonight, and I'm really looking forward to that, since I don't get to see them as often as I see Mary's kids. This will give T and G some time for a much-needed quiet dinner out. Then tomorrow is the birthday celebration for Katie, and also Clint. I'm making Katie's cake, and she's coming over tonight to make a dessert that he likes - cherry delight.

Anyway, you gals all have a great weekend, and I'll check in when I can.
Old 03-02-2007, 12:15 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 180/178/130

Height: 5'0"

HI
I'm pretty new to this site. I was reading the posts and I would be interested in joining this group.
I've posted in other groups, but don't seem to get any response.
I don't think I smell bad!
Old 03-02-2007, 01:04 PM   #7  

HI JUDY- *sniff* *sniff*- nope I can't smell a thing! LOL I am happy you have stopped by here. These girls are great and I don't think you will have a problem fitting in if you just jump right in and post. :-)

Ok, I got a call a little while ago from the doctors office. I am being sent back to the lab for more blood work - this REALLY bothers me!!! The nurse said that they have my results back and that my cholesteral was very elevated and they have to find out WHY, that all she kepts saying- we have to figure out WHY. So now I am kinda freaking out. I was already fasting with these last tests and she said you have to be fasting for at least 8 hrs for this one.
On another note, I meant to ask our medical know how people.... do you think that there is a problem with a blood pressure of 110/58? When the nurse took it, it was 100/60, then the dr yelled at me about the amt of time it had been since I had been there and made me nervous and then it was the 110/58. I am getting very concerned.
Old 03-02-2007, 01:05 PM   #8  

A quick one as I need to scoot out the door and off to work.

Judy--Hello!! You're more than welcome to join us!!! Glad to have you here.

Jane--Crumbsuckers..... Love the name......but I think I would use it for my dogs!

Tina--Hurray for Onederland!!!

Jodi--So we'll both be getting results on the 9th! Now....why is it taking so long for you to get yours back? I'd make a call and ask questions.

Hello to everyone else and good morning to ya!

I did my YBB this morning.....feeling it in my legs. I think I know which video I prefer over the others!

Anyway....gotta move.

Hugs to all!
Old 03-02-2007, 01:17 PM   #9  

Talking Welcome

Hi Judy! Welcome ~ i'm really new myself. (only here for a week) I feel a little lost in not knowing half of what they all are talking about but I think it's great to have the support so they're stuck with me. Your numbers are very familiar to me. Your high and your low...except this time my high is way higher then that! But i'll be back in the ball park soon. And this time i'm doing it for life. Not temporary. So lets get it back down there together!

Tina
Old 03-02-2007, 01:26 PM   #10  

Tina- I haven't been here long either. What I did to jump in was start reading what a few of them were saying (didn't take on everybody- lol) and just started commenting on thier WI's and different things. Then I started looking to see who was making a personal post to me and then commenting back. As I have gotten more comfortable, I just add watching someone else, or maybe someone different has commented to me personally. And I always try to make posts to new members so they don't feel left out for any reason!
So, don't feel lost ok? :-)
Old 03-02-2007, 02:33 PM   #11  
ugggg.....

Update on hubby--he missed tendon, bone and nerve. They didn't stitch it because they want to heal from the inside out. They are worried about infection and don't want him moving his thumb too much since the tunnel of a hole goes in the fleshy part hear his thumb and out through the "webbing" that connects your thumb to your hand. He still is not having hardly any pain which is good. The guy that was working with him said he thought it was harder in him than DH. DH simply reversed the drill and pulled it out and calmly told the guy to lower the lift he was in because he thought he drilled through his hand--all the coworker saw was the blood and he doesn't do well with blood so DH told him to sit down if he felt like passing out.
He is actually soaking it now and it looks like its getting better. He usually does heal fast so that is a good thing.

Marti--have fun doing your YBB!!

Jodi--if you lived closer my and DD could get our AVON from you!! Keep us posted on your medical results. My blood pressure is about the same as yours sometimes its up a little and sometime down low but I am rarely 120/80 which is supposedly normal.

Tina--yea for you!! Oneunderland is my first mingoal!!

Jane--thats terrible about the mixup with your FIL's plot. I have never heard of that happenning but I am sure it has. Have fun shopping!!

Judy--welcome again, I try to see where I was last post and then reply to the people who have posted since, sometimes I get behind and just do a quick hi.

My SIL asked me yesterday to do the games for my nieces baby shower that is a week from tomorrow. I did go ahead and pick up a bunch of little stuff to do the "remember what's on the tray game" with everything going to my niece. DD and I are going to finish our shower gift shopping next Friday.

Well hubby's calling, gotta run!!
Old 03-02-2007, 02:40 PM   #12  

Default Jodi

Thanks Jodi ~ I will try! haha! I can't wait to see you at weigh in's this coming Monday! I've already put in my new goal. It's great because I'm totally changing my outlook on things. I am finally paying attention to myself. I noticed tho my husband is less than supportive. He wants me to do for him and when I start taking care of myself he seems to point out all of my faults. Like today I had just bought some eggs and had them out on the counter to cook. And he says "hey you left the eggs out" and I'm like telling him that I was going to make me some. I had just woke him up for work and usually when he goes to the store he doesn't eat breakfast...I guess I could make some for him and get him up earlier but never did before. So He's like "it'd be nice if you got up off your as* and make me some instead of watching that TV". Well, I wasn't really watching tv although it's on. I was on the computer writing down my goals and motivating myself. PSH! Well, I don't care...it's all about me now. It's about time. I've put a stop to my life to take care of 4 kids and 2 dogs and a husband and a house and all the paperwork for our personal/business. So it's time I do for me! Right?

Tina
Old 03-02-2007, 03:11 PM   #13  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

MARTI...thanks! you got me to thinking when you said that's 1600 sq ft? I had to go and look up the paperwork, lol. I thought how can it be that if all the rooms are bigger than here, especially the family room? On one paper it says 1603 and doesn't mention the basement. Then another paper says the same and includes the finished family room. So...I kept looking and found the paper from the office and the sq ft on the main floor is 1313 sq ft and 1603 with the finished family room. Once the rest of the basement is finished (the 2 bedrooms, bath & laundry room) it will be 2626 finished sq ft. It's that now, just those rooms aren't finished so that is probably why the house looks so big. That and the triple garage which was a must this time. V wants his own little room to work in out there.

JANE...a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to KATIE tomorrow! And thank you! Not sure about colors yet but know there will be red, gold, green and blue...not in the same room of course, lol. Not sure about window coverings either. I think I am still in shock that we are nearing this being done and won't actually believe it until we are moved. And yes, that is a odd situation but fixable at least. When I read funeral home I thought oh no! I can see how that can happen though. They do things weird at the little cemetery where V and I have a plot and didn't listen to us on how to put the wording on the headstone or the placement of it. Because 90% of the time they do it a certain way they usually go with that. Of course the guy learned his lesson when he had to make a whole new headstone because he disregarded the paperwork and did it his way.

TAMMY...your friends Josh sounds like my Josh. He too was concerned that he couldn't be here to help. When we did our pergola I felt bad because he wasn't here to help because he loves building stuff and he also said he wished he had been here to help. He hates that he is missing out on things here at home. About you cleaning before the cleaning lady comes...I know a couple of ladies who do that as well, lol.

TINA...being a mom is a very stressful job isn't it? Wish they would have told me before hand, lol. Just kidding, I would have had kids regardless...it was my destiny to be a mother and I wouldn't change anything. WTG on being in onderland! It does feel great doesn't it?! Sorry your DH isn't supportive of you. It's always easier when they are there for you to help you with this weight loss journey. Me and DH are going to WW together because he needs to lose a few pounds and I am thankful for the support he gives...we are helping each other even if he is losing faster than me, lol.

MARYKATE...Sorry you are still sore, hoping your arm gets better soon.

MICHELLE...we had some nasty weather a couple of nights ago. I was so tired I slept thru it, lol! Didn't even know it until last night when DS was telling me about Ernie scratching at his door wanting in because of the thunder. There definitely is some weird things going on with the weather lately.

Thank you VANN!DH asked me when I was going to start packing, lol! He even taped up about 50 boxes for me to get started, lol...such a sweetheart isn't he, lol?! I actually asked him to since he was in the garage packing things there to take to storage to get out of the way. I will probably start packing this weekend and everything will go out in the garage just to get it out of the way. Glad you are home safe and sound. And I agree...there is no place like home.

JODI...don't start worrying missy. I know it's easier said than done. About the blood pressure...my last doc always made me nervous when I went to see her. She was good but I always felt intimidated by her for some reason and my blood pressure was always high. She had me check it for a week and it was fine everytime until I went to see her, lol. Lots of hugs to you I guess I missed that the funeral was yesterday.

HI and AMY & JUDY!glad to have you ladies here and look forward to getting to know you! And CONGRAT'S Amy on your 15 lb loss!

AMY...I too WI on Monday, both at home and at WW.

MINDEE...hope you managed to get some sleep. Hopefully the boys get back on their schedule soon.

Hi JULES...hoping DH's hand is better. EDITED:because I see you posted as I was writing this novel, lol. Glad to hear DH is doing well. As I was reading his story it made me think of Josh...that is exactly what Josh did and the guy he was working with. But he just wrapped his hand and kept working until they told him to go home and go to the doctor.

SUE...a belated HAPPY non-BIRTHDAY to your mom!Hope she and you guys enjoyed your steak dinner. I always wondered what day people who are born on 2/29 celebrate their special day on. the good news is she only has a birthday every 4 years, lol!

Hi to everyone else

Well today was pretty much a loss. I haven't gotten anything done. I went to the mall to take a couple of things back, came home and have been on the computer since, lol. I need to do a load of laundry but other than that, nothing really to do. Not sure what is on the agenda for the weekend. V is wanting to go to the Garden Show on Sunday and possibly look at the house...other than that, pretty boring weekend ahead. Who knows, maybe I will get started on some packing, lol.

Have a good day ladies!

Last edited by FrouFrou; 03-03-2007 at 02:54 PM.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:18 PM   #14  

Tina- I have found in the past that people who are less than supportive might be so because if you are taking stock in yourself and setting goals and being focused, then that might cause them to look at themselves. This makes them uncomfortable. My m-in-law is like that. She will make negative comments about the positives. Such as, she has said "oh your butt is getting small". But the TONE of her voice and the look on her face, well she could have been saying your butt in getting big- she was acting disgusted! But I believe she doesn't want to make changes and it makes her uncomfortable.
It is time for YOU!
I think we, as women, don't stop to think about how important we are to the running of the family. We do and do and do for everyone else and we are put into last place. If we work outside the home, we are made to feel guilty, if we are full time mom's well people will make us feel guilty for that too. We can't win for losing very often. At least that is the way I feel.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:39 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 180/178/130

Height: 5'0"

Red face

Thanks everyone for the welcomes! Here's a little about me:

I have 5 kids, ages 6-22. I've always had a bit of a weight problem, but I never tried to lose until I was 21. I've been up and down for over half my life! This time, I was the heaviest I've ever been. I saw a news story about Alli wt loss med and I asked my dr about it, so she told me about Xenical. I decided to go ahead and try that, along with joining Curves, which I've never done. I paid for a year up front, so it would be more incentive to keep going! I started the Xenical on Feb 16 and Curves on Feb 19. I've only lost 5 pounds so far, but this is the most sensible diet I've been on in my life. I hope it works!
Three of my girls are also overwt, just by a little, but I know what the potential is for them to have health and esteem problems, so I signed up two of them at Curves. (The youngest girl isn't old enough for that). Their first workout was last night and we had a blast!
I'm hoping that together the 3 of us will get down to our desired wt and keep it off!
Closed Thread