Old 03-01-2007, 09:52 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 283/273/180

Height: 5'7

Talking Shape Up or Ship Out

Hey Everyone

Let me explain how this thread will work.

We are all here for the same reason.... to get healthy...some of us are closer to our goals then others but we are all still a work in progress.. This thread is designed to keep each other accountable and on track through the cunning use of humor, honesty, humor, Witty banter, humor and all around fellowship among the fatties The rules are simple:
*check in every so often to update on progress or obstacles to share with the group
*be open to suggestion... we're a team...someone might have gone through the same thing and has ideas to get you through....so just be open
* NO EXCUSES!! I hereby give anyone the right to put someone in their place (and vice versa I might add) for those who are just a stream of excuses... get real people! Who are you kidding here? Not us... it’s yourself... be honest with us and be honest with yourself...
*Try to approach this tread as a get real approach to life... so we don’t have to limit it to weight loss talk about your life... Im sure we can all relate to one another in more than the weight loss element..
*HAVE FUN.... we are celebrating ourselves getting healthier... so HAVE FUN DAMMIT!!! Im here to get an ab workout... through laughing...... so who's with me???

The key here is..... this thread isnt for everyone..understand that we are not here to hurt anyone or stir anything up in anyone other than ourselves.... we are a group that will help keep each other on track with a NO SUGAR COATING allowed approach so if you cant handle honesty.... then shape up... or ship out!!

NOW LETS GET IT ON!!!!!
stillovecartoons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 10:38 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 248/208/160

Height: 5'4

I found you!! I hope others will soon come =)
cherrylatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 11:01 AM   #3  

S/C/G: s/c/g: 173/167.8/130

Sounds good. Tough love always works for me! :-)
cytheria21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 12:35 PM   #4  

Okay, here's your first chance for a brutal attack!!

I got up this morning and weighed myself, which hasn't been a big issue lately -- my weigh in day is Monday so I've just been weighing myself for a check in -- well today it didn't say what I would have liked, so I've already downed some doritos, nachos with cheese and gummy bears -- make me stop!!

Last edited by shelby897; 03-01-2007 at 01:07 PM.
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 02:13 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby897 View Post
Okay, here's your first chance for a brutal attack!!

I got up this morning and weighed myself, which hasn't been a big issue lately -- my weigh in day is Monday so I've just been weighing myself for a check in -- well today it didn't say what I would have liked, so I've already downed some doritos, nachos with cheese and gummy bears -- make me stop!!
..well heres your options....I can roll up this handy dandy newspaper here and swat your nose and say...NO NO...BAD GIRL.....with an ever so intimidating look on my face.... but that would possibly result in you peeing in my shoes.... and who wants that...

so heres your second option......

hey........shelby897.............stop it......

did it work?

ok so... obviously I cant make you do anything you dont WANT to do..... so my simple yet affective solution is this.... BE PREPARED.... have low fat popcorn popped or ready to go for your salty attacks...if its a hand to mouth sweet tooth action you're craving... replace the gummy bears for grapes...you can still name them and if you're anything like me and my gummy bears build colonies as if they resemble smurfs and have them act out scenes.....then eat every damn on of them.....BE READY....theres just no excuse when YOU do YOUR work and prepare for your eating attacks... I get them a lot and try to convince myself that hey i've been working hard... I DESERVE THIS.... ever used that one??...... alright well sure its allowable to enjoy a sweet treat without going overboard.. or a salty cheesetastic meal.....but keep in mind... is it worth it?... and sure you've worked hard but now you just made your work a little harder because guess what....TO THE TREADMILL!!! work off that crap you just enjoyed....plus Im FINALLY after years of yo yo diets realizing there is great satisfaction in self dicipline....and i feel AMAZING when i tell myself no.... then I treat myself to fruit... or a diet pop instead of just.....crap...

but just so you know.... if this keeps up................that newspaper is ready......and Im quick on my feet....... so knock it off and keep kickin ***!!!!!
Old 03-01-2007, 02:39 PM   #6  

Height: 5'

Lightbulb okay shelby897, let's try a different perspective

So you've been nibbling a few doritoes and gummy bears and the like - KEEP EATING.

KEEP EATING till you can't stand the idea of another chip or bear and the idea of eating them makes you nauseous.

KEEP EATING those naughty items until you feel like you're going to explode and then keep eating some more. You'll end up in the bathroom with one bodily function or another trying to get rid of all the garbage you ate.

And you won't want Doritoes or gummy bears for a very, very long time. You won't want to eat anything bad for awhile.

Believe it or not, this has saved me once or twice from continuing a multiple-day chain of "just one little thing."
samanthaf63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 02:51 PM   #7  

Samantha -- Perfect!! I have gotten to the point I'm physically ill from eating the crap -- what a moron!! I've learned my lesson.

And, as this thread indicates -- I have no excuse for my actions -- they were stupid. I've done so well and I knew when I grabbed the first "treat" it was a bad idea but I continued with it and now I don't feel so hot, but at least not to the "hug the toilet" point I used to go to!! There, I've received my punishment from my own body!!

Stilllovecartoons -- Perfect -- you pass on your first try!! I know what I did was stupid and I wasn't even hungry, just trying to do what?? Who knows. If the scale doesn't say what I want it to, it sure as h*** won't after I eat 5 lbs of food! So, put the newspaper away, you scared me straight!!

Thanks for the help -- I think tough love is better than a pity party!!!
Old 03-01-2007, 03:11 PM   #8  

This is exactly why it is not a good idea to weigh more than once a week - we become a slave to the numbers and they are the last measure of success we should be using. Weight naturally flucuates from day to day and even hour to hour. Eating junk food didn't make you lose, and perhaps set you back so it was not a good solution. Be prepared with low calorie foods if you need to eat - but we shouldn't be eating unless we are truly hungry.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 04:12 PM   #9  

Susan -- you are SO right -- I'm usually such a rational person, what happens when food is involved!!!

Scales away until Monday weigh in and hopefully I can pull this out of the dumpster and fix what I broke!!!
Old 03-01-2007, 05:30 PM   #10  
Resident Witchling

S/C/G: 198/190/140

Height: 5'7"

Wit, tough love, and no excuses? I'm in!

Sounds like some of you women might really love another no-excuses website out there. It has nothing to do with dieting, it's basically just a huge rant site dedicated to people being INTELLIGENT and how rare that is. Heartless *****es, International. I'm a member for quite awhile now, and while I don't always live up to the title - I can blame it on the depression if I need to but isn't this all about not making excuses? - I'm doing my damndest.

That said, here I am, and I'm looking forward to hanging out with you lot. I got my happy butt to the gym this morning - for the first time in TWO YEARS I might add - to do the first day's workout of the first week of C25K. I've always wanted to "be a runner" and envied the runners I saw when I went to the beach and stuff. I kept saying "I'll do it when I've lost __ lbs. I'll do it when I've bought __ super nifty expensive bra or shoes. I'll do it when...I'll do it when..." and I got tired of it. I have anxiety which makes exercising in public really hard, but...I finally did it. Sucked it up, got outta bed at 6:30 this morning, and WENT. And I felt great afterwards. Maybe there IS some truth to the whole endorphin rush thing with running. Okay, so I had to swaddle myself in three bras (I'm a 38F) to keep from knocking myself unconscious with the bouncing. So what? I did it anyway. Gonna start doing strength training at home with my hand weights and a couple of DVDs I have, cause my ability to just "suck it up" with anxiety in public has its limits, and I'm not doing weights at the gym with all the jock boys (college gym, ugh). But I'm actually looking FORWARD to being able to go on Saturday morning. Woohoo!

Okay, I'm done rhapsodizing now.
Nikaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 08:31 AM   #11  

Good morning ladies!! So the nightmare I call yesterday is over!! Ready for a great day and no scales -- master plan is to measure myself today for the first time, wish I had done it before I lost any weight, but I still have to figure out what I'm going to use that fits ALL the way around me!! Hope husband has a big roll of string or something -- maybe a tow rope??

Have a great day.
Old 03-02-2007, 10:36 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 248/208/160

Good morning ladies.. It looks like this thread is quickly attracting lots of friends :O) How is everyone doing today??
Am I the only gal dreading the coming weekend? I always screw up big time!! Weekends for me are my biggest challenge & usually I fail that challenge!!
cherrylatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 11:10 AM   #13  
Resident Witchling

S/C/G: 198/190/140

Height: 5'7"

G'morning, all. Cherry, I feel ya. My biggest issue on the weekends is in convincing myself NOT to go to Starbucks for breakfast at least once - it's a habit I developed during high school and it's reinforced every time I go home to Mom's for a weekend; that's just what the family *does* for breakfast. That, or donuts, and donuts are my worst "weakness food". So almost out of habit, come Saturday morning, I'm getting ready to go downtown and hit Starbucks and then maybe the grocery store for some donuts, and have to talk myself out of it. Sometimes with...mixed results. What throws you off on the weekends?
Nikaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 11:28 AM   #14  

Height: 5'

Unhappy

It's not a particular item - it's just the munchies in general when my boyfriend and I are watching movies on the weekend. I can withstand the honeyed peanuts and smokehouse almonds that he needs on a daily basis but then I start remembering the hummus with pinenuts... or the white cheddar popcorn...or the salsa and tostitos.

arghhhhhhhh
samanthaf63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 12:20 PM   #15  

Morning Ladies

Ohhhhhhhh Friday.....love it...

My weekends arent my worst... its during the week when I try to eat as little as possible all day and then as soon as i walk into the door when i get home I have to eat a dinner before I eat dinner because ive kept my body empty for too long... oohhhhh good times!!! Yeah I havent been doing that as much these days... I've learned to allow myself some healthy snacks IF...and I repeat IF I ACUTUALLY need to to keep me from getting hungry and paniced...

but my weaknesses..... peanut M&M's.....went to the movies with BF the other day... he got some... I didnt really want them.. but I love the smell of them... so i made him kiss me a bunch.........WHAT??? DONT JUDGE ME!!! lol its better then breaking down and eating them right???

other weakness.... Triskets..... I 100% do NOT BUY THESE..... woven by the devil himself I swear..... I cant get away with just 4 or 5.. even the reduced fat or low sodium ones... nothing... none...I will eat the whole damn box.... so I just do NOT buy them..

I need to get into that routine with other things I feel I "should " have for a treat...

but I digress...

So this week.... not real thrilled... I definitely felt I was giving 100% and then those MONTHLY cravings that ladies get... kicked in.. and I gave in a couple times... now mind you I didnt just blow it.. and I made strides.... Im not normally a real big chocolate eater.. even during that time... but It came at me like lightning BAM!!!! choooocccoollaattteee....... so I made a devils food bundt cake with fat free choco. pudding in it so..... of course i had a piece... and it was good... then i wrapped the rest up and took half to my grandparents house... they watched my daughter while I had a meeting... and am giving the rest to BF this afternoon for his house.... so Im not happy that I gave in to the craving but I had a piece... not the whole cake.. then I corrected what I had dont and whamo... no real guilt..... but Im open to you guys thoughts I will say I was not thrilled at all with the scale....

Today is my weigh in day..... and since its that glorious monthly time... it always throws it off anyway... but according to this I am up 3... so I know what I need to do... and what I DONT need to do...and im all over it...not Monday... NOW!!!

I had been attempting Mtn biking with my sister for the last couple weeks.... mind you i havent been on a bike since i was 18.... and i actually REALLY enjoy it... it was a pain the first couple rides.... my poor....big...***...NO NOT POOR... ITS HUGE AND IT SHOULDNT BE THERE..... so TAKE THAT ***!!

but I didnt ride at all this week because of weather.... NOT GOOD... should have at least done something.. but I did nothing...
I am the type of person who needs to do SOME form of physical maintence on a daily basis or I wont do it at all

so up 3 this week... next week........... we'll see me be down 45.......... or at least down the 3 im up EITHER WAY WILL MAKE ME HAPPY!!!

have a faboo weekend ladies

Keep on truckin!!