Old 03-01-2007, 07:27 PM   #1  

Default Adding Technology to my exercise

DH has a Garmin GPS watch that he wears when he runs. It tracks his speed, his distance and a whole host of other neat things. Anyway, we created a folder for me and I'm going to try it out tomorrow. I'll be able to track my workouts and start pushing myself on them. I'm pretty excited about this! Need to get my lesson on how to start it!
kristinaferina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 07:42 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

I have one of these, too, and it's really helpful for tracking running and walking. I always wear mine when I run. It's interesting to download the data and see where you've gone faster or slower or what kind of pattern you've run (or walked). Have fun with it!
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 08:41 PM   #3  
cals. in v. cals. out

S/C/G: 157/151/130

Height: 5'6

I really wanted one of these But I settled for a polar F6 for now since I'm really interested in calories burned and there's no way i'm running outside until spring...and I'm on a student budget. I found it so motivating to see how many calories I burn during a run or a workout and It makes me push myself when I'm having a lazy day. Good luck with your Garmin...maybe I'll get one next year when I start working
nomorefatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 10:05 PM   #4  
Bringing SexyBack ;)

S/C/G: 346/271/150

Height: 5'5"

I just got a F6 for my birthday!!! I used it tonight on the treadmill. I burned 222 calories in 25 mins. It is VERY motivating. I can't wait to use it tomorrow with Turbo Jam.
SexyRevealed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 10:49 PM   #5  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

I am so green with envy. I geocache (with is a game you play with a gps) and I love Garmin. How fun! Good luck.
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 07:22 AM   #6  

Hey Jessica, we geocache too! He's used the watch gps on caches and he says it is dead on! Very cool. Our screen name is Straatmaker 5.

Well, it was raining hard this morning, so no walk, so no playing with the new toy, lol.
kristinaferina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 08:30 AM   #7  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Wow! You guys do have some neat things to help with your workouts. I'm just proud to have my trusty little MP3 player. I do want an iPOD for my birthday with the Nike shoe insert.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote