Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2002, 04:13 PM   #1  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Default Fat Cows On Ice!!!!

JUST THOUGHT IT WOULD BE A NICE TOPIC,IN CASE I WENT SKATING THIS WEEKEND-----iI have been very busy at the East Coast Music Awards---following hot young cuties around the city----cherry is the only one I would expect to know any of the bands or personalities---as she digs Canuck Music------My girls use the download site called KaZaA----seems to work fine--I am listening to Superman by Five for Fighting---LOVE it----sOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO----I have decided that I will force myself to wear my jeans with buttons{no elastic waist} in order to feel how fat I am at all times---- kind of masochistic-----Kiwi-----I am always afraid of hitting our cat---she rests UNDER the car all the time---I felt so bad for your sis---what a drag!!!!-------NOW----I am crossing my fingers for Muffie's job----imagining sugar in a bathing suit----JEALOUS of Wabby going to the gardening show!!!!!and off to ds7's basketball-----see ya lata COWPIES-----IS ANYONE ELSE EXCITED ABOUT THE OLYMPICS STARTING??????
Old 02-07-2002, 01:10 PM   #2  

Default Olympic hand outs

They will be handing out some freebees at the Olympics. One of which will be condoms with the various countries flags printed on, I assume, the wrappers. If they were printed on the condoms it might make the flag raising ceremony pretty interesting.

At his time tomorrow I will be headed to the train station.

Muffie! what wonderful news! And of course they will love you when they meet you. Now just because you will be working and raising 2 kids, don't think you dont' have to check in here. Get your priorities straight.

Sugar, congratulations on being the fishy Godmother.
Old 02-07-2002, 01:52 PM   #3  
cow with the double chin

Wink Wabby, you made me blush

Now, you have to remember I am a single girl these days, haven't seen ANY er, flags, being raised in a looooooooonnnnnnnnnggggggggggggggggggg time. (my goodness, I believe it has been 10 months) Have a BLAST this weekend!

Sug, I am asking tons of questions!! They put her on prednisone yesterday to get things moving along and the doc said call me friday if it isn't working. I said, no, give me an appt friday so that you will have time to see her if needed. These meds have this little girl MOODY.

poor thing.

Geez, baggzzz, I never thought of downloading music for me to listen too. DUH!!!!

Time to hit the shower and snag me a job. Her we go!
Old 02-07-2002, 02:15 PM   #4  
The magic shrinking cow

Well, hello! Bagzzie, I'll be a fat cow on ice next weekend! We're doing an ice skating party for slave boy 1, who will be 13! OMG!

Wabby, enjoy your gardening show! I'm going to work harder on my garden this year.

Kiwi, how awful about your sister's cat! So sad!

Muffie, congratulations!! Yahoo to you! (I thought I saw that you had been offered a job? Anyway, good luck in the search, then.)

Sugar P, I got my numbers (but I left them at home.) I'll send them to you tonight when I get home, but two things I remember for sure: TSH 4.98 (don't know what the range is) and cholesterol 200. 200!!! I almost never eat meat and I sure don't eat all the fried crap I used to eat when my cholesterol was 140. So, I'm going to ask for the U/S. I wonder if this means I'm only a couple of years away from finally getting a diagnosis. Doesn't it take about 8-10 years? I've been feeling like crap for 3 years now. Anyway, I don't feel so stupid because I'm probably one of those people who needs to be in the 1-2 range to feel my best. Now to convince the doctor... sigh.

I did Tarts 1 last night. I need to go back to my Tarts tapes, because I had the most success with them.

Last edited by Cherry Cow; 02-07-2002 at 02:18 PM.
Old 02-07-2002, 03:19 PM   #5  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Quick one

Just a quick post before I go pick up the kid. Haven't started, that's right--started, cleaning the house for the slumber bit on Saturday. Good god.

Wabbit, hope you have a wonderful time at the Garden Show, it sounds fabulous.

Thanks for the tips on Morpheus et al. Whenever I see the thing on, it's not doing anything, so I can't tell if it's working at all.

I hit on a theme for DD's party -- Mardi Gras. Don't worry, I'm not going to make them wear party hats -- I just got a few decorations and beads and noisemakers for the girls. Oh, I hope none of them know about the tradition of "Show us your ****" to get beads. That could get ugly.

Swimming sounds lovely, Sug. It's probably a good thing to squeeze into a bathing suit on a regular basis during the winter for a reality check. I have all those pics of me in one--you should too.

They have a new smiley. Isn't that cute?

Why did they give pred to punkin? I thought that was for inflammation. I hope she's not on it very long. Poor baby, hope she's better real soon.

And you too, Cherry. Maybe you have Gulf War Syndrome! (Just kidding)

Later cowies
Kiwi
Old 02-07-2002, 03:20 PM   #6  
fatter than U

Talking meeeeeeee!

Hi! Phew, I thought no one was ever going to post again.

Bagzie darling, I'll have you know that my suit is a discreet navy blue with soft cups (!!) and tummy control (!!!). Just like Mummy's. WAHHHHHHHHHHHH! I'm fat. And old.

Muffers - good for you for asking those questions. Mother's intuition is always right on.

Have a wonderful time at the Garden Show, Wabby! I know you will.

Cherry!! 4.98 is quite high, especially if you've got autoimmune things going on. That could make a lot of people feel like cr*p. My TSH is 0.3 and I *still* feel like cr*p. Go figure. Now at least you have something to go on to get them to listen to you.
Old 02-07-2002, 03:24 PM   #7  
fatter than U

Talking Kiwi slipped a fast one in there!

Didn't see you there, Kiwi! We must have posted at the same time. Pictures of me in a bathing suit????? You MUST be joking. That hasn't happened since about 1986. Hope you have a groovy party. I've got three coming up soon - the old Pisces parade - ds and the li'l peas were all born within 12 days of each other (in different years, of course!), the little devils. Can you say party stress?
Old 02-07-2002, 03:53 PM   #8  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Default Just like I thought!!!!

you tramps were ignoring my thread,but then you all felt guilty and came lumbering back---love the bathing suit description Sugar!!!While I was at the East Coast Music Awards,I was taking pictures of the winner of Male Vocalist and Best Album---he played at a Songwriter's Circle-----he was SO CUTE!!!He was with the old guy from my hometown who wrote the big hit for the Bells--"Stay Awhile"I WANT EVERYONE WHO REMEMBERS THAT SONG TO OWN UP TO IT----"Into my room he creeps ---without making a sound"---anyway,I sent the pics I took to my fave star's website,and they have asked me if they can use them for the site,with a credit to me-----I AM RATE EXCITED!!!!!too bad I am such a FAT COW-----oh well,I hid behind my camera-------AND NOW FOR MY REAL REASON FOR WRITING------I AM SO JEALOUS OF WABBY,I COULD BOIL!!!!!!HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME AND REALLY WABBY,YOU SHOULD BE SENDING POSTCARDS FROM THE FLOWER SHOW---IT WOULD BE THE ONLY SWEET THING TO DO----IT'S SNOWING WILDLY OUT HERE AND IT'S 14 BELOW!!!!!( enough rambling----tomorrow is hubby's b-day and I have nothing planned,although I bought him a bunch of new clothes---
Old 02-07-2002, 05:53 PM   #9  
Member w/ messiest house

Well, that sounds exciting, Bagz! I found the website:
East Coast Music Awards . Have not heard of Bruce Guthrie, though, but perhaps I should!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My too-big-for-her-britches DD is blowing off her jazz dance class tonight so she won't miss a minute of the middle school dance. She could have gone to both, but you wouldn't believe the list of reasons not to: all her friends will be skipping jazz to go to the dance, she might not want to be all sweaty, there's not enough time to change, there's no mirror in the bathroom at dance. Oy

Kiwi
Old 02-07-2002, 06:37 PM   #10  
cow with the double chin

Default Hee hee.....

I am now an employed cow!!!! What is even better? The atty is a single mom that looks just like Camryn Manheim (sp?) from The Practice. And she made diet jokes!!!

I start Monday.

Cherry, I hope you find your answers. Was it total cholesterol 200?

Bagzzz sure seems to be having fun with this music festival!

I hope the Kiwette appreciates the beads. Your post about earning them cracked me up!

BTW...whoever asked, punkin is only on he prednisone for 3 days to get the inhaler to kick in. Thank Goodness!!! She is a MONSTER on that crap!
Old 02-08-2002, 01:04 AM   #11  
The magic shrinking cow

Hello again!

Congratulations Muffie! (I had a feeling it was pretty much in the bag for you!) Yep, total cholesterol is 200. HDL is 54, LDL is 124.

Sug P, I was a little off on the numbers. TSH was 4.69 (range .35-5.50). No free T3. Everything else thyroid-related appeared to be solidly in the middle of the range. I think, combined with my low body temperature and the symptoms, that there is something up. Unfortunately, I also suspect I have to wait until my TSh goes over 5.5.

Muffie, Does poor Li'l Punkin have asthma now or is the inhaler a temporary thing because of her bronchitis? Is she doing better?

Well, I need to go update my diary, then get scared out of my wits at the thyroid forum @ about, then update my journal. Oh, yeah, and do my work.

Ciao!
Cherry
Old 02-08-2002, 12:49 PM   #12  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Progress on all fronts

Congrats on your new job, Muffster!!!!!!! It sounds like a good, non-stuffy office. I'm sure they'll make you work your a** off and love every minute of it!

I have actually done a bit of the cleaning up for tomorrow's party, and DD spent much of the morning cleaning up too (without my asking ).

We're having a couple of friends over tonight for bean soup and Olympics Opening Ceremony. We have room for any number of virtual guests, too, so You're all invited!

I think soon you're going to get this all figured out, Cherry. Probably the hardest part is getting a doctor to agree with you, so good luck with that.

Now, just imagine Wabbit at this very moment, arriving at the Garden Show with her friends, taking in that green growing and flowering scent of all those flowers and plants, wandering among the fabulous displays, getting ideas for her garden, buying stuff, sending us postcards

Later cowies
Kiwi
Old 02-08-2002, 02:52 PM   #13  
cow with the double chin

Talking Cleaning...what a concept!

I should get some done also. Did I tell you my kids and I have the house to ourselves this weekend? Mom and dad are out of town. BTW...mom was bumped to the top of the list for obesity surgery because of her health. She will be having the surgery sometime in the next 12 weeks. She is very excited. One of the chicks mom had it about a year ago and has lost 120 so far. Can you believe that? She gives her DD and I her clothes as she loses.

Tonite the band is coming over w/all equiptment to record some songs.

Tomorrow my chicks are coming over w/their SO's/families to hang out for the evening.

Cherry, they don't know if it will turn into asthma. I took her off the prednisone a day early. She was a raving lunatic last nite. Even she knew she was acting strangely. She said she didn't like the way it made her feel.

Hmmmmm...a kid who cleans w/out being asked. What's up with that Kiwi? Sounds scarrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!! I wil be watching the ceremonies also. My nephew lives in Salt Lake and says the place is a mad house.

I am going to force myself to get of this darn puter and be productive. Or take a nap. LOL I'm having too much fun on messenger though. The chicks leave it on at work on Friday. We are having a virtual party celebrating my job.

Old 02-09-2002, 08:20 AM   #14  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Default wabbit in the garden patch

Kiwi---I was just sighing in jealousy and RAGE,as I realized that I was not at the Seattle Garden Show,but freezing me ar$e in the -15 {windchill -27} ARCTIC land I call home. Last night the dh and I took people from Toronto{CBC National types} out for Salmon and Lobster---at least we have SOMEthing to offer here in the frozen wasteland!!!{well,Kiwi has the same weather and shellfish!!!!}BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT----I WANT TO BE SOMEWHERE WARRRRRRRRRRRRMMMMMMM-----I am THIS close to calling Peachbutt something MUCH WORSE----she is in SO much trouble for jumping ship-----enough rambling---obviously,I need coffee---BAD.
Closed Thread