Thread: Clothing issues
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2007, 08:50 PM   #15
meowee
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

ROBIN . . .

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. Anyway, in answer to your question . . . don't know whether you happened to glance at my profile or not . . . at my age (just turned 64) I am definitely not worried about (a) preserving my fertility or (b) going through early menopause. Both of those are definitely well behind me already.

After you get away from both of those as problems, hysterectomy is probably the easiest, cleanest, safest answer. Although I have to admit, because of my diabetes, I am a little worried about the long recovery time. Diabetics are definitely not fast healers. My fibroid is too big to be removed other than through abdominal surgery (Gyn described it as being as big as a 6 month fetus). So that means a longer recovery time than if it could be done vaginally.

Anyway, my surgery is scheduled for June 7 and in the meantime . . . just to keep life interesting . . . wouldn't want to get bored or anything . . . I'm also about to have cataract surgery (left eye at end of March; right eye in early May) but those procedures are done under local so hve to be considered realtively minor in comparison.

So my most pressing question now is -- wonder how much the fibroid and uterus combined will weigh. Afraid I didn't have the nerve to ask the Gyn that little question. You know you are serious about losing weight when that's the first thing that pops into your mind.

Have a great moving and shaking evening, girls . . . see you soon.

meowee is offline   Reply With Quote