Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 02-27-2007, 03:31 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 157/133.4/130

Height: 5'5"

Default Binging on Healthy Food? (Possible Trigger)

Usually, I don't need an afternoon snack at work, or if I do, I am okay with a piece of fruit. But today, I don't know what is wrong with me! All since I got out of a meeting one hour ago, I have eaten:

1/2 cup lowfat cottage cheese with 1 nectarine

still hungry, so ate

1/2 cup yogurt with 1/4 cup oats and 1 scoop protein powder

still hungry, so ate

a granola bar. . .and then ANOTHER granola bar

STILL HUNGRY, so ate

a bowl of puffed wheat cereal.

What the heck is wrong with me??? I get like this about once a week.
Su-Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 03:53 PM   #2  
Babysteps

S/C/G: 174/144.8/130

Height: 5'6"

Su-Bee-
Deep breath. OK, you really haven't done any damage. Is this what you would do on an ideal day? No, but it's not a habit and one slip (especially with those foods) probably won't even show up on the scale. The important thing to do now is acknowledge that you snacked more than you wanted to, but the rest of the day is a fresh start. Don't let it derail your entire day, just jump right back on the horse starting now. Forgive yourself and move on, we can't be perfect all of the time!
meg on a mission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 09:07 PM   #3  
Sleek and Fit. Finally.

S/C/G: 159/139.4/135

Height: 5'5"

Definitly agree with Meg on a mission... Forgive yourself and move onwards.

Also I notice you used the word "still hungry"... Were you hungry or did you just have a craving? (Another way I've heard it described is are you mouth hungry or stomach hungry... okay it's for kids but I find it works for me too.) If you were actually hungry and eating to be full than you were probably fine, but if there was something else that triggered your 'binge' then maybe you should try and see what might have triggered it. Something at the meeting perhaps?

Don't worry though, we've all been there. There isn't anything you can do about it now, so try and move forward.
Cats tongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 01:51 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 180/175/130

Height: 5'5

Same thing happed to me this morning,
I got hungry after having a bowl of
flax cereal with skim milk.
I was tempted to start eating my snacks
that I had for the day for work.
Then I decided to try drinking water.
Sure enough my hunger pangs went away.
chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 02:34 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 160/122/120

I know you may feel upset, but from reading what you ate, it sounds like you're not doing too badly. Please don't beat yourself up.

I've come to accept the fact that I'm a binger, and will probably always be a binger. I'm trying to take the shame away from that by controlling what I can, which is what I allow into my kitchen. I find that when I binge on healthy foods, I can still stay within a reasonable calorie range for the day. For a while, I was buying doritoes and ice cream and all that sinfully wonderful stuff, thinking I could eat them in moderation; I was wrong and the scale shows it. So I'm doing the fruit, veggie thing for the Lent challenge (which I see you're doing as well, good for you!) and I'm seeing positive results. You're doing fine; please don't get discouraged.
Goodbye Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 03:08 PM   #6  

Height: 5'3''

I've been known to gorge on fruit, hot cereals, brown rice, hummus, peas, and organic cereals. What can I say, I love them. It's not the worst thing you could be binging on, try to look at it that way maybe. Although a binge is a binge. It feels bad regardless of the type of food.
WeightOnMyMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 01:03 AM   #7  

S/C/G: s/c/g: 173/167.8/130

Height: 5'4

I agree with everyone else. Don't beat yourself up. Getting out of control with eating sucks, but from what you ate, it wasn't that bad calories wise, and maybe it's just what your body needed that day. Sometimes I binge and feel guilty, but get back on track and I still lose weight
cytheria21 is offline   Reply With Quote