Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-26-2007, 12:31 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 252/205/150

Angry argh!

monday weight in againt and I gained 1 pound ToT

it's so frustrating! I admit I ate some stuff that was not on my diet ( a slice of chocolate cake, a snicker and some tuna pastries, though not on the same day), but I weighted myself at home yesterday and it showed at least two pounds less, but then today... I'm dissapointed

I'm using fitday and the day I ate the most calories was 1,860 and I'm suppose to be burning around 3,000 with my 40 min walk... still I didn't do too well this week, I hope is just something temporary and I'm going to measure in the afternoon maybe not all is lost..

sorry about the rant, I just needed to get it out instead of eating it in
Vega Botain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 01:40 PM   #2  

I can relate. Saturday night I woke up (I work third shift, so have odd hours) and weighed in at 178. Sunday night, I was at 182.

I think the really important question to ask yourself at times like this is "Do I honestly think that I gained X pounds of fat in X Amount of Time? For me, the answer was clearly "no". I was hung-over and dehydrated when I weighed Saturday, well fed and watered, not to mention over salted, when I weighed in Sunday.

Sure, I ate more than I needed to also. I sometimes choose to do that. But do you know how much you really have to eat to gain a pound of fat? Around 3500 calories, above what you burn off just by being alive.

So, don't lose heart. You might be having water weight. You might have undigested gunk in your gut. If it turns out that you really did gain fat, well, life happens. Pick up the pieces and soldier on. The end results are well worth it!
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 02:29 PM   #3  

Thanks a lot for the support!!

I'm trying to stay positive about it, and not feel stressed. I'm still going to be a little bit more carefull with what I eat this week and try to walk a few more minutes.
Old 02-26-2007, 03:56 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Annie is right. You probably didn't gain a pound of fat.

Though I can relate. I haven't seen the scale move in months. Part of if is because I'm not as careful as I used to be about my eating. But I get lots of exercise and based on my "estimates" should be losing.

But tell that to the scale.

Weight loss isn't linear. There are so many variables that affect our weight. Just keep doing good things, focus on your health, measurements etc and keep going.

After all, if you quit, you don't really win anything!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 04:18 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

hang in there vega...wt loss is a slow process and not an overnight success. I do have one question for you...where are you getting 3000 calories for a 40 minutes walk?????? that seems like a very high amount..or did you mean 300 calories? Also, make sure you are measuring everything and weighing everything. It will give you a better idea if you are truely staying in that calorie range. And like the others said...sometimes you have lost...but if you are working out more, you gain muscle. Just take it day by day...and for future reference...i always put on 2-3 lbs water weight during tom. Hang in there..be patient...true weight loss that is kept off long term...does not happen overnight.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 05:16 PM   #6  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Hey there!

No telling what's going on after only a week. Try again for another week. If after 2 weeks you still aren't seeing any loss, then it's possible that you need to adjust FitDay. I've found that it tells me I burn more calories in a day than is actually true. I had to set it at totally sedentary when not asleep, and then if I do any exercise, I enter that in the activities log.

Also, check the Weight Goal planning and make sure that's right if you reset your activity level.

If I ate 1,860 calories in 1 day, with my metabolism and at my age, my weight loss would stall for awhile.

So, try to be more careful about it and just see what happens! Don't give up--keep going!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 08:25 PM   #7  

vega, hang in there! thats all i can say, hang in there! as I tell myself! some days, you may have a higher sodium intake, etc. and it really can affect the scale! amongst many other factors. If you hang in there and just keep going, im sure it will level out. Just be careful to not weigh yourself too much! for me anyways, this is where the demons come in! just keep going and watch your salt intake. Also, if your near that TOM, that could affect the scale too! just keeeeeeeeeeeeep going! im telling myself this at the same time im telling you, gosh! I know its frustrating!!!! and the way I look at it, I have one of two choices! give in to my depression and hang it all up, give up ! or keep going! well, no thanks! I have no desire to be in that pit of depression again, even tha last day or two ouch!!!!!!! it hurts! keep going girl. forget what has been and keep on truckin
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 12:20 PM   #8  

Thanks for the support! I measured myself today, and found out I lost 1 cm of waist and hip so maybe the weight is just water as I'm near that time of month, so I feel better now.

BTW the 3000 cal, are almost all basal, at least that's what fitday said, I also select sedentary, I work in the office for long hours so...

Hopefully next week the scale will be on my side, I've already planned my meals for this week and added two more minutes to my daily walk, hope that helps! and thanks again everybody it's really nice to have some support ^_^
Old 02-27-2007, 09:35 PM   #9  

Just a note, the general consensus is that Fitday grossly over estimates the amount of calories we burn off. You might want to check the calculator here at 3FC.com, or at some other website.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 01:31 AM   #10  
Claiming my perfect life.

S/C/G: 235/229/125

Height: 5'5

Thanks! I had been wondering about the amound of calories Fitday said I was burning. I just reset my activities to "bedbound" (ha) so maybe it won't be so overestimated anymore.
JessicaBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 06:18 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Yup, on the fitday generous over estimates. I've set mine to bedbound and I only add intentional exercise like walking, weights and work ... and even then I scrimp a bit on the time. Over time it is fairly accurate in it's depiction of whats going on.

Very often 'those-who-know' suggest using fitday to calculate what you eat and skip the rest. Just make sure you move more.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 08:23 AM   #12  
Do it. Be Proud.

S/C/G: 250/see ticker~>/130

Height: 5'3.5

Keep a lot of things in mind: how much sodium, water, or heavy foods did you ingest? What time of the month is it for you, close to or after your period? Have you had a bowl movement, and such? You may be bloated. After salt or around my period I sometimes gain 2-3lbs- slight swelling in the hands, arms, ankles, and face. Some people called it fanatic, but I use to weigh myself periodically through the day, 1-3 times, especially an hour or so after I eat certain foods. This gave me a perspective on my body, how it reacts, and what my over all body feeling means.
Reddalice is offline   Reply With Quote