South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 05:42 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 205/173/145

Height: 5'8"

Thumbs up First Day/Halfway there!

So I made it through my first day on the beach....

It was actually EASY! The hardest part was today when I woke up. I wanted fried chicken strips. Such a weird craving. So I made some turkey bacon and poached eggs to fill me up. I told Cody (my fiance) that this has been the easiest diet I've ever been on. He replied "it's only your first day."

He doesn't know the first day is the hardest. The man has never dieted in his life. UGGH! He doesn't understand my struggle. Does anyone else have a non supportive hubby?

But onto something better, I weighed in today. I am now at 175 which puts me halfway to my weight loss goal. I'm not expecting to lose 10-13 in phase 1 but 5 lbs would be nice....

Ok, enough with my babble.
Have a great day chickadees!
Old 02-27-2007, 07:34 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Woohoo!! Congrats on your first day!

My bf isn't always the most supportive, he has his moments.. I stopped talking to him about dieting. He doesn't want me to diet so I have to keep myself from talking about it nonstop.. even if I want to, heh. He really appreciates this website, it gives me somewhere to talk about dieting.

-Aimee
Old 02-27-2007, 08:12 PM   #3  
Groovin 4 a small planet

S/C/G: 2002: 205/129 Now: 155/144/125

Height: 5'4

Congrats!!!!

My BF is supportive, he is just also naturally skinny skinny skinny. Pain in the butt...

He loves South Beach for me though. He enjoys all of the food, and he has been great about keeping triggers away for me (like not ordering pizza while I am eating ANOTHER salad with grilled chicken), but he is much happier that I am in phase 2 now. We like to drink wine. It's actually my biggest problem.
Old 02-27-2007, 08:26 PM   #4  
Working for the Cruise!

Congrats on your loss and your first day!

My husband is naturally thin and not the greatest eater. If it's bad for you, he loves it.

He's not keen on me dieting because he sees it as me restricting myself and he wants me to have the world. I'd love the world, I tell him, just not sitting on my waist!

He does think exercise clothes are extremely sexy however. This was a great motivation for me, until he told me that it's only sexy when I'm not all covered in sweat.....then again, who is sexy at those times?!?!?
Old 02-28-2007, 08:19 AM   #5  
I am the Lizard Queen...

S/C/G: 187/178/152

Thumbs up

My husband doesn't help much because I have tried so many "diets" that he thinks this is just another one that will fail. I talk to my friends instead. Plus, him being naturally thin and always active, he has so much junk food in the house, it's disturbing. I recently moved it all into a cupboard that I don't need to go into. So far, so good... Way to go on your loss!!
Old 02-28-2007, 01:12 PM   #6  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

lblodgett! Good for you!!! Avoiding those chicken strips is what we call an NSV (Non Scale Victory)!

My DH is ridiculously supportive and I feel super-blessed to have him. But he's also naturally skinny and doesn't understand sometimes. It took over a year of being on this plan before he started to understand what I could and couldn't eat. He's gotten really good at it, now.

We've had some funny things, though...like when DH made a pan of brownies and a pan of lemon bars (both mixes in our cupboard...I left them there when I cleaned house because I wasn't tempted to eat the mix and it was far too much work to make them just to cheat!) while I was out of town for a weekend. He found that he had to eat both pans in one day to get them out of sight before I got home. What a tummyache he had! For over a year while I was just starting SBD, DH used to go to the 'hardware store' in the morning. While I was blissfully unaware, he treated himself to the works for breakfast at the local diner, often finishing off with a piece of pie. He nearly died when I suggested going there for coffee and was thrilled to see that they had some SBD-safe choices. He thought they'd ask him if he wanted his 'regular' and it'd be revealed...but I was oblivious until he told me last year.

I hope your DH becomes supportive as he sees how serious you are, Lblodgett. Mine said he realized this one was 'for real' when he saw me dump half a container of ice cream in the trash. That shocked him! (tells you a bit about my eating habits pre-SBD! )
Old 02-28-2007, 02:08 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 205/173/145

Thank you, for all your support!

He had one of his friends over last night, and his friend looked at me and said "GEEZ, how much weight did you lose?" I think it made him feel bad that someone else had noticed. His friend asked me to take his GF to the gym with me =)
Closed Thread