Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-27-2007, 01:14 PM   #1  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Default Wanting to binge today

Boy, I am at home today with two kids sick with the flu and strep throat. I am ready to go and eat everything I can find in the kitchen. No big reason I'm just out of my routine and not feeling all that great myself. I can feel a binge coming on. I' m just posting to stay out of the kitchen and to stay out of trouble.

Here's my plan today for the next couple of hours:

Now until 1:00 - Walk at home

1:00 - lunch is a big Salad and a cup of homemade chili, 2 wasa crackers, leftover zucchini

3:00 - 1/2 pb and jelly sandwich

Hopefully that will get me through the worst of it.
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 01:21 PM   #2  
Meg

Tammy! You did the smartest thing you could do under these circumstances - you've made yourself acccountable. It's way too easy for us to hide at home and pretend that binges never happen because no one sees them ... so they're not real (least that's what I always did). By coming here and making a plan, you've made a public commitment to oh, a few thousand of your closest friends. And every one of us is supporting you.

And I know you can do this! Keep visualizing how good it's going to feel at the end of the day when you come back and posted about defeating the evil Binge Monster. Stay strong, Tammy!! :
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 01:23 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I'm with Meg. You did the best thing possible by coming to us first ... instead, right?
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 01:35 PM   #4  
Groovin 4 a small planet

S/C/G: 2002: 205/129 Now: 155/144/125

Height: 5'4

You are inspirational, Tammy! Way to go!

I ALMOST gave in the other night (too much red wine; let my guard down) and I had to pysically put myself to bed to keep from going to the kitchen. I also warned my boyfriend how I was feeling, and he went into the kitchen to basically keep me out of there. It worked, but there will always be another day where I feel like it, and we all just have to keep on truckin'.

Good for you, and congrats!

Last edited by JaimePhan; 02-27-2007 at 02:11 PM. Reason: wrong name, sorry
JaimePhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 02:04 PM   #5  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Tammy you can get through this, I know you can. You have taken a major step in the right direction by posting this. I will remember this by the way when I feel it happening to me.

I also find drinking lots and lots of water can stave off a binge. You get so bloated you no longer want to eat.

Good luck Tammy. We are all pulling for you here.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 02:12 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 167/140/128

Height: 5'2"

Tammy, our thoughts are with you as you resist your temptations and keep on trucking on your weightloss journey. If you slip, keep it to a minimum and maybe allow yourself an extra treat (allowing myself to binge on maybe 6 tangerines in a row often does it for me but its not too damaging with the calories).

It DOES make it hard to control one's appetite when home all day. Those are always my most difficult times because all the food is there and I'm sort of bored or have time on my hands. But unfortunately it only makes us feel bad later or the next day when that scale has gone up (albeit from water weight but still majorly discouraging). My little binges are costing me lots of time in my weightloss and its so not worth it. I will also try posting next time I feel like munching all day long.
Mami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 02:12 PM   #7  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Tammy! You can make it to that 1/2 pb&j at 3! Hang on, girl! Hang on!

And maybe you can take a little nap in there, because I'll bet you're pretty tired, too!

We're pulling for ya! Take it easy...

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 02:18 PM   #8  

You will be tired enough tonight after taking care of two sick kids -- don't let a binge completely wipe you out! You can do this

Plan a little "party"/reward for when the kids are better - for you and them!!
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 05:03 PM   #9  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Tammy! You are just NINE POUNDS from ONEderland! Stay tough, Buddy!

Hugs,
Cheryl
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 09:38 PM   #10  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Thank you beautiful ladies for helping me stay on track. After I posted here, I logged off for a while and did some WATP. Afterwards, I got back on line and saw all of the support and between exercise and you guys the urge to binge was gone. I even have enough calories leftover to have a small bowl of lowfat no sugar added ice cream.

So Meg, the binge monster was vanquished, at least for tonight. It's great to get to be accountable to the folks on this website. Susan, Thankfully, I did come here first. Otherwise, I'm pretty sure the day would have been a complete loss. JamiePhan, You're right that even if the worst happens and we do binge, we just have to keep on trucking. Robin, I love my water. I was getting a little panicky because I had been guzzling water all morning, and it wasn't doing the trick. Usually it is my lifesaver when I get that "binge-y" feeling. Mami, I admire people who can work at home and stay on track. I find it so difficult. Jayell, I didn't get a nap, but I did make it through, which is what I was hoping for. Shelby, I love the idea of a little reward when everyone is well. So will the kids. Cheryl, I want to see 199 so badly, that is the main reason I didn't want a binge right now (not that I ever want it, but I want to get to 199 sooner rather than later).

Thanks again, and anytime you need someone to talk you out of a binge, I recommend you come here. I'll do my best to return the favor.
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 04:13 AM   #11  
Meg

Tammy, I couldn't wait to log on this morning and see how you did. Onederland is right around the corner!!
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 07:00 AM   #12  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Awww, Tammy you came through like the trooper that you are!!!!! I am telling you I am putting this incident in my memory bank and will look back on it when my time comes, and of course we know it's coming, the binge monster is always lurking around.

I remember those days of the kids being sick - grrrrr - so frustrating, they're just miserable, you're just miserable - NOT EASY. I'm glad you came out on top!!!
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 08:08 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 167/140/128

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtammy View Post
Mami, I admire people who can work at home and stay on track. I find it so difficult.
I admire YOU for sticking with your plan. Unfortunately for me, I eat ALL DAY LONG when I work from home. I do really well from the office though, but who's going to truck into the office if you're boss isn't there and doesn't care if you're there.

Hope the kiddies are feeling better!
Mami is offline   Reply With Quote