Old 02-25-2007, 07:19 PM   #1  

Default Week of Feb. 26th

Hi all! It seems my job dilema has been dominating my life and this forum I have decided to take the job two days a week and continue my current job. I have to officially apply but I don't think they'll turn me down and if the do, oh well. We'll see what happens this summer.

I have totally lost control on the weightloss front. Tomarrow it's back on track. I am going to try to pack my lunch more and to take a 15 minute walk each day at lunch at work at the preschool. I am going to try to increase my water and stuff too. Wish me luck!
MistySeptember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 08:45 AM   #2  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Hey there. I know I haven't been doing squat for losing weight either. Exercise is something I want to do but just haven't. Working nights and shifts are so bad for getting into a regular routine. Anyway I want to try and do a couple of things. First on my last day of work, like I worked nights last night and now I'm off til Wednesday night, I want to come home and do 20-30 minutes on my exercise bike and also I think I would like to try and do some kind of a workout at work. We have decent breaks when it is not crazy and I could walk up and down the stairs. I have a locker where I could put some exercise clothes so that my work clothes don't get too stinky. That is going to be rough because I'm kind of self conscious about my weight and exercising and I don't want people talking about me for exercising at work. I'll probably not take in workout clothes to start with but just walk up and down the stairs once or twice to begin with, likely that is all I'll be able to manage and I shouldn't get too sweaty with that. I'm also thinking about taking up running when the warm weather comes back. This is something I've thought of before but never really did. But let's start with small steps and just get back into the habit of exercising. So I'm going to sign off now, go do a bike ride and come back. See ya!
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 10:06 AM   #3  
Jen

So I managed to hang in there and do 35 minutes on the exercise bike. I'm tired as all get out from working all night, shovelling snow this morning when I got home from work and then bike riding. I'm ready for a relaxing bath and a little nap and then I have a job interview at 2pm. Wish me luck!
Old 02-27-2007, 08:41 AM   #4  
Jen

Morning all. Well I have a lot of errands to run this morning and then when ds is at school I'm definately going to get some more exercise done. I'm down 1lbs this week and I'm determined that it is going to stay off and more along with it. I got my water bottles out last night and all washed up so I'm all set there. Hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 02-27-2007, 09:46 AM   #5  

Howdy Howdy Howdy!!

How did the interview go? Great job on the exercise!!

Tax day for us so wish us luck. We finally got a refund last year so hopefully we'll get one this year as well!
Old 02-27-2007, 02:22 PM   #6  
Jen

the interview was a waste of time which is sort of what I thought from the beginning. It was only for a part-time job which would be no big deal because there are always shifts out there so that I could still work full-time hours but I'm not giving up my benefits for anything. Also they want you to live within 20 minutes of the hospital because there are some shifts where you don't have to be there but you are on call and I live too far away. The manager suggested that I could stay with a friend or relative that live in the city in those instances but that is ridiculous in my opinion. Oh well, it is not a really big deal.

Just about to go off and ride my exercise bike, back soon!
Old 02-27-2007, 03:26 PM   #7  
Jen

Got in my exercise, my eating has been good today and have my water bottle out and slowly working away at that. It feels good to be on the right track for a change!

Misty - good luck with the taxes. I have been doing ours and it looks like a refund, not much of one but better than nothing.
Old 03-02-2007, 12:05 PM   #8  
Jen

HEY!!!!! HELLOOOOOOOO!!!!! Where is everybodeeeee!!!!!

I feel like I"m all alone....

Have you guys checked out the smilies lately? wow there are a lot of really cute ones!

Anyway I had a major this morning and was super tired so just decided to go to bed without exercising. Woke up around 11:30 still had a so I took some meds for it. So it is slowly going away and I'm planning on hitting the shortly.

Any exciting plans this weekend? I'd like to clean my son's room a bit. He needs to go through some of his toys and toss some stuff. Otherwise I think we'll just be vegging and catching up on sleep.

Hope someone checks in soon or I"ll just be here babbling to myself
Old 03-02-2007, 06:14 PM   #9  

Hi.

Sorry about the interview, bummer. Yeah I had a boss once who thought I should stay with my parents so she didn't have to pay me so much in milage. Stupid.

I got the speech job. It's gonna totally blow. 14 weeks left in the school year. I hope I can make it. I went in yestrday thinking it was a paperwork adn meet and greet kind of thing and she wanted me to work. They are at least 300 sessions behind with parents threatening to sue the school for non compliance to the disabilities acts. It's gonna take me the other part time girl and a full time person to get even close to making up all of the sessions.

So anyway first, I was late. So I litterally shoved my kids in the door at my SIL's and ran. DS was crying. I felt so crappy. But I called a bit later and he was happy as a clam.

I hadn't palnned on seeing kids yesterday so I was toatlly unpreapred, I had no idea what these kids' needs were, what resources were in the room they gave me, it was totally flying by the seat of my pants. And these kids are SEVERLY autistic. I don't even know where to begin. Plus I hadn't made arrangments for my daughter's dance class thinking I'd just be there and hour or two. So she missed dance class. I hand't packed lunches for myself or the kids. I got no lunch break (not that I had any food) and wasn't able to pee at all from 7:00 am-1:30 pm. I tried to leave early but I couldn't get out early enough. By the time I drove to my SIL got the kids in the car it tehre was NO WAY I could get home get her dressed and into town by 3:30.

I didn't get a chance to create a schedule with the superintendant. So she invited herself to my house this weekend! She wants to help me with the schedule which I appreciate, but I DO NOT want her here!! I don't have time to clean my whole house by tomarrow, PLUS do lesson plans ect that I have to do.

My eating is still totally in the hole. I bawled the entire way home yesterday. I hate this job. But if I work two days I can pay off the home depot credit card.

I don't even know how to get back on track. I picked up a few clothes for this new job on Tuesday and Thursday they were too small!!!
Old 03-03-2007, 08:02 PM   #10  
Jen

Misty, you are freaking out, stop it! You had a bad start, don't go crazy and start saying that this job is going to blow. You've got 28 days, that's all, then it is the end of the school term and think of how much you've done to put down your debt. Keep the positives in mind. I hope you didn't go mental with cleaning. It will bother you more than it bothers anyone else. When I go to visit people I don't take inventory of how clean their house is especially if they've got small kids I expect the place to look like a disaster. It is normal. I agree that this person shouldn't have invited herself over and I understand why you didn't want her there but really I'm sure this is a one time deal. Just get through this one day at a time, you can do it! It is only 28 days, you can put up with just about anything for 28 days. And about your son, they all cry when they are dropped off. Believe me, I went through these phases with my son on a number of occasions. He'd been going to the same daycare for 3 years and he'd go through periods when he'd barely say goodbye to me before running off to play and then other times when he'd be crying because he didn't want me to leave but I'd call later and they'd say he was fine 30 seconds after I left.

So you can get through this. It is a big change in your life going from being a SAHM to working part-time to pretty much working full-time. It'll take some time to get used to it all.

Don't worry so much about your exercise and diet. You've got enough to cope with right now until you've got all this all figured out. Hope tomorrow is a relaxing day!

As for me not much going on. I got in some exercise in yesterday and today and I think my eating has been good. I feel like things are starting to click finally!
Old 03-04-2007, 08:26 AM   #11  

You are right Jen. 28 days....can't be that bad. 28 days will pay off my furniture and my home depot bill. Or if I pair it with our tax refund we could pay off half of the highest principle credit card which also has the highest intrest. I am sure I won't grow to love the job, but I guess I can tolerate it. DH has stepped up alot and helped me clean the livingroom yesterday. But more than that he appreciated the cleaning I did, which made me feel good. Usually he dosn't comment on it.

I do need to be a bit more conscoius about my eating. My clothes don't fit and for the first time in my life I am fighting acne. Even as a teenager my face was pretty clear. I think it is the huge shift in my weight. I don't think I can go all gung ho, but I can at least stop ordering out everyday.

Friday, I made a HUGE list of stuff to do over the weekend. I got so much of it done yesterday I am quite proud. I have to do some more lesson planning for preschool and some filing. DH has to fix the brakes on his truck today so most of my day will be spent at his Aunt's. Her husband runs a small garage so he has all the tools and a real car lift so DH doesn't have to lay in the driveway.

Great job on all the exercising! Sounds like you are finding a groove!

Have a great weekend!!!!