Old 02-26-2007, 03:17 PM   #1  
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 225/215/200

Height: 5'5

Default Considering the program.

Hi there,

I'm sure many threads like this one have been made already, but there's so many on this site, it's too hard to search lol.

I've been hearing about LA Weight Loss on the radio lately. $11 a week. I don't know much else about the program, other than hearing good things about it on the radio (but those people are paid to say that!)

Can someone explain to me how this program works? Is there more to pay than the weekly amount? Do you have to buy food?

I want to hear the good AND the bad! So please tell me!

I lost 40 lbs last year on my own and have another 40 or so to lose. I'm struggling this time and i think i need some help with it. Some rules and guidelines to follow.

Any info would be great!

Thanks!
leJellybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 03:24 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Here are two threads that I recommend you read. After you're done, let us know if you have any more questions.

What is LA Weight Loss? A Program Explanation.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=104658

Thoughts on the Program
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97352
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 03:48 PM   #3  
hdsQrl - Megan on LAWL

S/C/G: 200.2/172/140

Height: 5'5"

Just a note - $11 is pretty high, though it may be the "normal" rate. If you can stand to wait, I'd hold off on signing up right now...let us check to see if we can get a referral rate or something like that for you. A few weeks ago, it was as low as $6 a week, and when I signed up in Dec, it was at the crazy-low rate of $3 a week. It's a great program and isn't hard to follow if you put your mind to it, and best of all, it WORKS.
hdsqrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 04:02 PM   #4  

I signed up last year @ $7/week. It has since gone up to $9 here. Maybe ask them about any specials they would run. Also, since they make their real money on lites, not necessarily on weeks, maybe you can strike a bargain that way.
Old 02-26-2007, 04:44 PM   #5  
Hardworking Chick

S/C/G: 334/321.4/125

Default LA Weightloss fined by two different states

If you are considering any program, please be sure to research it carefully. LA Weightloss was fined by two different states for false and misleading advertising:

NY in 2002 http://www.oag.state.ny.us/press/200...jan23b_02.html

WA in 2006 http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...htloss28m.html

20/20 recently did an expose on it. Haven't seen anything on this site about it.

Wondering how the LA Weightloss chicks are doing?
booklover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 04:52 PM   #6  

Actually, booklover, we did have a discussion on it. You can see the thread on this page or the next. The 20/20 "expose" was very biased and one-sided. If you follow the program there is no way you could gain 12lbs. As you can see by the large losses by many of us here, the program is a sound one that works.
Old 02-26-2007, 05:31 PM   #7  
Candice on LAWL

S/C/G: 242/221/under 200!

Height: 5'6"

Welcome! I am your neighbor, I am in Vancouver
I have been doing LAWL since July and really love it. The program has really changed my eating habits. I have lost 60#'s so far.
When I signed up back in July I paid $9 a week and bought the bars in bulk. and then they gave me a credit for whatever I wanted to buy there at the center for like $250 and I still have just under $100. It really lasts.
Candiflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 05:35 PM   #8  
Megan

S/C/G: size 14/ pudgy size 10/Size 8

le,

I was in a similar place that you were, I dropped 20 pounds following ankle surgery. Then a year later I dropped another 20 pounds by basically crash dieting for 2 months. Problem was that while the scale reflected a lower number most of what I lost was muscle. I then spent almost 2 years yo-yoing the same last 10 pounds back and forth and thriving on sugar, carbs, and caffiene.

I will be very honest that I have hit a full out weight plateau for the last 10 weeks, and throw the scheduled temper tantrum at the COD every Friday. However, I basically quit the massive coffee habit, knocked out the sugar, and find by not carb loading I have more energy. Also, when the pounds haven't been dropping off, the inches have been basically melting away, which according to COD and regional managers down here is unheard of!
marzbe is offline   Reply With Quote