South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 07:18 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default MONDAY, MONDAY on the Beach!

Good Morning Chicklets!
I've been up a while, but it's taken a big mug of coffee to get me going today and make me feel sociable.
It's a frozen winter wonderland outside, but it's supposed to clear up later today, so by the time I have to leave the house the roads should be okay. I work late on Mondays, so if it freezes up again tonight, I'll just stay over.
How's everyone faring on this beginning of the week morning?
Old 02-26-2007, 08:22 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Cottage. It's darn cold here but no snow. Thanks for starting the morning beverages - I'm wrapping myself around one right now. We slept until 8 this morning and I feel on the mend.

The Girls and I watched the Oscars last night to the bitter end. I've not done that in years and enjoyed most of it. The dresses were just fabulous in my opinion. The only film I've seen is The Queen so I was cheering for Helen Mirren, of course.

This morning I'm going to get at some cooking. Once again I did not eat my planned evening meal and I need to cook ahead to get around that. I'm considering moving my larger meal to noon which is supposed to be a healthier way to eat anyhow.

Not much else on the schedule - I am still recuperating! What's going on with you?
Old 02-26-2007, 09:02 AM   #3  
Working for the Cruise!

Morning ladies!

It snowed about 4 inches here last night. You would think that Upstate New Yorkers would be used to this, and from the outside it appears that way. Everyone is out and about this morning doing their daily routines.....but don't be fooled! I know for a fact that this town goes crazy before a snow storm. They get away with it because it always happens INSIDE a grocery store.

It's so weird. It's like they drive to the store all fine and dandy, walk through the door, and just go MAD! "I MUST have 3 pounds of shaved turkey! Who knows when we'll be able to leave the house again!" They run amuck through the store and push through the check-out, as if racing against time and a volcano. Then, as soon as they step out of the store, once again the calm demeanor comes over them yet again. Wegmans the day before snow is the Upstate New Yorker's insane asylum.

ANYWAY! Thanks for the vent time. Breakfast today was Oatmeal Cottage Cheese pancakes topped with some SF honey, flax seeds, and a cut up banana. My day is busy today. I've got classes 10-3 with an hour break for lunch. I'm having salad from the salad bar in the cafeteria today. They have a nice balsamic vinaigrette and great fresh veggies like broccoli and cukes.

I'm playing nanny from 3-5:30 tonight, maybe we'll go to the Y together. After that I have another class from 6-9. Then home for a light dinner. I'll snack during Nanny time on some fruit, yogurt, and grapenuts and maybe some air popped popcorn.

Ruth, we don't have TV here. We listen to audiobooks instead. However, I do really miss the glamour of the oscars. Last time I watched Halle Berry won. What a great dress that was! Glad you're feeling better.

Good morning Cottage! Be careful out there....and steer clear the grocery stores!
Old 02-26-2007, 10:02 AM   #4  
Groovin 4 a small planet

S/C/G: 2002: 205/129 Now: 155/144/125

Height: 5'4

Morning! I fell asleep for the second half of the Oscars, but I saw enough. Jennifer Hudson was just precious when she won, wasn't she?

I have so much food made, I am going to be bored tonight! The only thing I have to make for the rest of the week is another pan of veggie quiche cups to go. In a few days, I may have to make another big salad, but that's it. I love productive Sundays.
Old 02-26-2007, 10:26 AM   #5  

Morning girls....

I am home today, just feel overall yucko! Rob just left for work and is taking the girls to daycare. I am going to take some cold medicine and climb back into bed. I am sure I could have made it through the day at work, but decided not too.

Cottage Morning! I hate those mornings when the coffee seems to take awhile to kick in. Have a good day!

Ruth I am glad to hear that you are slowly on the mend. Just take your time and take care of yourself. I feel asleep during the Oscars myself. I can truly say that this year I hadn't seen a single movie!

Adia Sounds like you have a great plan of attack for your day. It makes such a difference when you have planned ahead.

Jaime I am not sure I have "met" you.

I have had some eggs for breakfast- I really need to go back to Phase 1, but am going to see if a bit of 1.5 can shed these pounds I have gained the last 2weeks. I think the only thing I really don't like about SB is how fast you regain when you fall off the wagon!! Of course, the lesson here would be to NOT fall of the wagon, eh??
Old 02-26-2007, 10:29 AM   #6  
I'll Sleep When I'm Dead!

S/C/G: 230/223/140

Height: 5'4.75"

Good Morning everyone!

Just a quick check in before I head off to drop the kids off to school and then hit the gym! I am coughing a bit this morning.. but I am going to do it any way. I am an asthmatic.. and was put back on steriods last week. SO now I am feeling a bit better so hopefully a walk on the Treadmill will help!

I will check in later, but wanted to say hello!
Old 02-26-2007, 02:36 PM   #7  

You all are quiet today! I climbed back into bed and even with no medicine, slept for 3 hours. I do feel a bit guilty that I am not at work, but I have plenty of sick days accumulated.

I do need to pick up a bit in this living room!

Has anyone heard from JetSetter lately? I worry about KimStar as well, but know that we all come and go at some points.
Old 02-26-2007, 02:42 PM   #8  
Groovin 4 a small planet

S/C/G: 2002: 205/129 Now: 155/144/125

Height: 5'4

Thanks for the welcome! I started SBWOL on 1/27/07, and I have done pretty well.

I must say, I made a "pizza" last night with a whole wheat pita, and I don't know if it was the wine (yes, I had too many ) or the starch, but I feel BLAH today. I will not be having either wine or a grain today-just an apple with PB for dessert.
Old 02-26-2007, 03:44 PM   #9  

Kiko - Sorry you are sick. It sounds like you really needed the rest.

Today has been busy. It was 11:30 before I got my first cup of tea and past 1:30 before I got lunch. Luckily my team lead is back today. It took over an hour to get him caught up on the highlights of what went on last night.
Old 02-26-2007, 04:41 PM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Well. it's now officially the countdown to Spring! I took down my Christmassy leaves and berry wreath and put up the kitty willow one! I hope that encourages Spring!

AdiaFaith, isn't the stocking up fury silly? They don't seem to do it this side of the river and we get the same weather as NY. I hope you got some protein with that salad.

Barb, busy as usual. You never seem to get sick - the germs probably can't keep up with you! Or do you just work through it and ignore it? Take care!

Kiko, I hope extra sleep can help you shake this darn bug. It sure isn't fun. I'll try to check out Jetsetter and KimStar. Were they going on holidays?

Jaime, I love whole wheat pizzas! I must get the pitas to make one. I hope you find something to do tonight now that you have meals ready for the week. It's nice to see such enthusiasm combined with results!

Karen, watch that cough! I was worried that my asthma would come back - no fun!

I really didn't do much today but did go for the mail and bring in some nice cedar kindling. It's chilly in the back of the house so I'll light the woodstove so the Girls and I can cozy in out there and watch the 6 PM News.

Have a good Monday Evening.
Old 02-26-2007, 09:24 PM   #11  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

hey chicks just a quick pop in before bed, crazy busy week end, and then a crazy busy day, one of my wee ones had "nits" so I spent all day cleaning and disinfecting my house doing all the bedding and I am sure that I burnt off countless calories scratching. Then had a meeting tonight. Other than that life is boring. ha ha. Well have to run my hands are so split from the cold weather and all the cleaning that it hurts my finger tips to type.
Closed Thread