Old 02-26-2007, 07:45 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 325 / see ticker / 150

Height: 5'4"

Default Are people blind or just trying to be nice?

I have had 3 people now(all different people at different times and not acquainted with each other) ask me if I lost weight? I really have only lost 5 lbs but I don't feel any different, my clothes don't fit any different either. Are they seeing something I am not seeing or noticing or are they all just trying to be nice?
KnCmamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 08:17 AM   #2  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hi KnCmamma,

Maybe you are losing in the face first? That is the first place I noticed my hubby losing, even before the measuring tape showed inches lost. I would accept their compliments at 'face' value! We are sometimes the last one to really notice our own changes. When I look in the mirror, I don't always see the changes even though the scales and the measuring tape say I'm smaller.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 08:44 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 224/187/135

Height: 5'8"

I imagine your exercising. When you exercise you create muscle and that could be what they are seeing. I know my family thinks I have lost more weight than I have because I do weights 3 times a week and cardio 5-7 days.
Enjoy it.
sharonrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 09:39 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 238/207/135

Height: 5'4"

Your measurements are most likely different. You're probably in the process of building lean muscle mass and losing fat, which measures and LOOKS much different.
Celestyna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 02:06 PM   #5  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

I'm wondering if it isn't a little bit of inner confidence coming through. It may be "just" 5 pounds, but I think a little weight loss gives you a boost and maybe you're smiling more and feeling better. Essentially "radiating" a change in attitude as well as weight!
Is that crazy?
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 03:22 PM   #6  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slashnl View Post
I'm wondering if it isn't a little bit of inner confidence coming through. It may be "just" 5 pounds, but I think a little weight loss gives you a boost and maybe you're smiling more and feeling better. Essentially "radiating" a change in attitude as well as weight!
Is that crazy?

That's my guess. When we feel great - it shows!
Charbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 08:12 PM   #7  
journey girl

S/C/G: 325/323/160

Height: 5'8"

I totally agree with Slashnl and Charbar - you're probably glowing with optimism, hope, and self-confidence. People notice that more than you'd think. And maybe their first guess as to the reason is the losing weight thing. Yay for you!
kaepepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 10:28 PM   #8  
Do it. Be Proud.

S/C/G: 250/see ticker~>/130

Height: 5'3.5

I agree with most everyone here. You are heading towards the light- not the darkness- and I am sure everything about you just exudes IT!

Last edited by Reddalice; 02-28-2007 at 09:25 AM.
Reddalice is offline   Reply With Quote