South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 02:43 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 205/173/145

Height: 5'8"

Talking New here, Just starting the Beach!

Hello everyone!!

A little bit about me. 21, from Washington state, work for Home Depot, getting married in July. My upcoming wedding has really been my motivation to lose all my extra pounds. I am really excited that I found this site and I hope that this will help me lose my remaining weight.

I am new here and also new to the Beach. I have already lost 25 pounds by doing a modified South Beach. It was similar to phase 2 but I had never read the book.

So, I bought the book and I am starting phase 1 tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to weight loss and becoming a healthier person.

I would love to hear any tips for South Beach!

Have a great week everyone!

LB
Old 02-26-2007, 07:01 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

lblodgett! Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!
Old 02-26-2007, 08:26 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

to 3FC and to The Beach!

Be sure to read the FAQ Section as well as the book. The food list has been updated and there are loads of helpful hints in there.

You'll love the support and camaraderie in this Forum. Please join us on the Daily Chat.
Old 02-26-2007, 09:07 AM   #4  
Working for the Cruise!

Talking

Welcome! I'm doing a modified P2, but have been on Strick SB before. The plan is great because it gets rid of the sugar addiction you may still have from doing the modified version. You'll find the ladies here are a wealth of knowledge and great support.
Old 02-26-2007, 10:28 AM   #5  

My biggest tip would be to plan, plan, plan!! I like to cook more than I need for a meal so I can rely on leftovers throughout the week. It makes it much easier when you have meals on hand.
Old 02-26-2007, 11:15 AM   #6  
Groovin 4 a small planet

S/C/G: 2002: 205/129 Now: 155/144/125

Height: 5'4

Welcome!

Congrats on your loss of 25-that's awesome! And you will probably be fine on Phase 1 since you have already been watching what you eat. I will warn you, though-if you have already lost 25 pounds and have been eating well, you will probably not lose 8-13 pounds the first 14 days. That doesn't mean you are doing anything wrong or that SBWOL is not a good plan, it's just how it goes. I don't want to scare you or anything; I only bring it up because I know I was frusturated at the end of Phase 1 when I only lost 6 pounds.

Anyway, good luck to you!
Closed Thread