South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 12:31 PM   #1  
Groovin 4 a small planet

S/C/G: 2002: 205/129 Now: 155/144/125

Height: 5'4

Talking Sunday planning and goals for the week

Well, its Sunday. That means I am heading off to the grocery store for supplies to make most of my meals for the week. Here's what I have going on for week 3 of Phase 1.25 (I add super slowly, so I don't call it phase 2)

Veggie quiche cups to go must be made for the week. I make them with half of the FF cheese so I can add some LF ham. I also halve the spinach (5 ounces as opposed to 10) and replace that half with chopped broccoli. I add a lot of tiny chopped mushrooms, too. I LOVE my quiche cups!

I am making a big pot of Southwestern White Chicken Chili for lunches.

I am grilling chicken to keep on hand for dinners.

I am making a huge salad to keep on hand.

I am making a low fat tuna salad to keep on hand for dinners, snacks, and lunches.

I am buying a bag of small apples for my 1 apple dessert every night with natural PB.

I am buying the Healthy Multi Grain Flat Outs to add 3 or 4 times this week. I have not yet added grains (I know, I know-but I wanted to add slow!), and the only "grains" I have had in over 4 weeks has been 1 slice of WW toast a week ago when I went out for breakfast, and last night my salad had croûtons on it (pumpernickel) and I probably ate 4 or 5. Tonight I will make a homemade pizza with the Flat Out bread, totally SB friendly, to eat during the Oscars while my boyfriend eats a REAL pizza. Note: this will be the first time pizza will be in the apartment since I started SB over 4 weeks ago. True test!

I already have my homemade hummus in the fridge and I have veggies to go with it (peppers and celery).

I drank wine yesterday (too much, but again; red wine, preferably very dry Chianti, is my only downfall) and I will drink it tonight with the Oscars, so my goal is to refrain from any more wine this week (my weeks are Saturday-Friday; I never drink Friday night bc it is the day before weigh-in ) and to make sure I eat my apple every night and get a grain in at least 3 times so I am moving along towards a full Phase 2 and doing SB properly.

My mini goal is to break the 140s. I am down 10 pounds since starting SB on 1/27/07, and I feel great. Breaking the 140s will allow me to get into some really cute pants in my closet that have been lonely for a while.

What's on your plate, ladies?
Old 02-25-2007, 01:10 PM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good plan, Jaime!

I've not planned meals for the week but my goal is to get back to eating regular meals with vegetables. A dill pickle is not really a veggie, right?

I have some chicken stock and cooked black beans thawing on the counter and plan to make a black bean soup for lunches during the week. There's also an antique steak in the freezer that will go into a crockpot stew.

Usually I have a stash of single servings in my freezer - things like chili, pea soup, veggie soup and chicken dishes. Unfortunately my stash cupboard is a bit bare at the moment from being busy and then being sick so this week's plan is to plump it up.

Thanks for the reminder. I may make some veggie quiche cups this afternoon.
Old 02-25-2007, 01:22 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Okay, that does it, between Jaime and Annarenee, I've gotten all the motivation I've needed to get myself into the kitchen and start planning and cooking for the week. I may even make some of those Quiche Cups, too!
Old 02-25-2007, 01:51 PM   #4  
Working for the Cruise!

I'm with you Cottage! I had planned on getting my week set today, but was slowly sliding into "Sunday" phase.....napping and resting. Not good! Tomorrow I go back into crazy mode as school starts again. I've got so much to do, I know that I need to get my plan in order and start cooking.

Thanks for the motivation ladies!

Here's my plan:

I'm grilling chicken for salads and quick meals for the week. My friend and I usually hit a restaurant for salads after our work-out on Tuesday. We're changing that to have them at my house. Save money and a lot healthier!

Marinating some mushrooms for those salads.

I'm making Spanish Rice with turkey burger and brown rice to freeze for the week.

Also making some fried rice for a Chinese night with Chicken and Broccoli that I'll prep ahead.

Black bean soup is working it's way to the stove now, as well as Broccoli Cheese Soup with some added cauliflower.

Going to make some WW Pizza dough for some rollups. MMMM....broccoli mushroom!

Planning on tossing together some Oatmeal Cottage Cheese Pancakes and freezing them for breakfasts.

We'll see where we are after that bout. I've got to go play raquetball today as well......
Old 02-25-2007, 02:45 PM   #5  
Groovin 4 a small planet

Ugh, back! Grocery stores are darn busy on Sundays...well, I got every single thing I needed except the flat out bread (they only had white-yuk), but decided to do a pizza pita pocket instead. Now, I am off to eat some lunch, make chili, and start chopping for the veggies cups.

Man, SBWOL keeps me in the kitchen AND the grocery store more than ever before in my life. I'm starting to feel like a camera needs to follow me around for a SB reality show or something...

Last edited by JaimePhan; 02-25-2007 at 04:20 PM.
Old 02-25-2007, 03:40 PM   #6  

I actually managed to plan meals and grocery shop yesterday. It is meaning more time is available today. Tonight I am making two meatloafs so I can freeze one. I'm also going to brown ground beef to freeze for a lasagna that I am making next Saturday. It is a mostly vegetable lasagna with zucchini and spinach and whole wheat lasagna noodles. I'll be bringing it to a potluck.

I'm making a double batch of broccoli cheese soup since my stash of lunches in the freezer is getting low and I needed some vegetarian ones for Fridays. One dinner is pork tenderloin. One other is a baked chimichanga one made with leftover frozen turkey. It sounds good but I've never tried it before.

We are eating with the scouts on Tuesday. I'm sure the entree won't be entirely healthy so I am bringing lots of coleslaw. I'm also making Peking Pasta which is Brian's favorite chicken meal. Last night was a crockpot meal with turkey sausage, Rotel tomatoes, kidney beans and lots of spices. I served mine over cabbage.
Old 02-25-2007, 05:36 PM   #7  
Groovin 4 a small planet

Whew! I am taking a break. Actually, I may not be making the quiche cups tonight; I have no fridge room! I have 2 left from this weeks batch so I am good on breakfast tomorrow. What I DID make today was:

big salad
grilled chicken
tuna salad
chopped extra veggies for hummus dipping
chili (southwest white chicken chili) - I froze half of it

So, I have everything I need; tomorrow night I will make my quiche cups for the week. It works out better that way anyway because I find that spending time in the kitchen preparing healthy meals really keeps me from snacking on crap when I am bored. Interesting, huh? So, tomorrow night when there is more room in the fridge (I love filling my work fridge with good, healthy food for the week-my fridge looks bigger, and I don't have to worry about lunches, snacks, and b-fasts every day ) I will make my veggies quiche cups, I will chop and steam broccoli (honestly, broccoli goes bad so quickly!), and I will have nothing left to do food wise all week except replenish the salad bowl. LOVE IT!!!!

How are all of you ladies doing? I am enjoying a glass of Chianti, I am back in my PJs, and I am Oscar ready.
Old 02-25-2007, 09:14 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I had a very productive afternoon in the kitchen, and feel really good about it. Let's see, I made-
Taco Bake (using veggie crumbles so we can have it on Fridays)
Chicken Divan
Spinach & Goat Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Chicken Capri
Pizza Casserole
Turkey Meatloaf
Fireside Sausage & Bean Soup
I think I kind of got carried away, but everything is wrapped and in the fridge or freezer now, and the kitchen is all cleaned up. It'll all be worth it when I come home tired and hungry and can have a good meal on the table in minutes.
Old 02-25-2007, 09:24 PM   #9  
Working for the Cruise!

Congrats to you Cottage! Cleaned up and everything?!?! WOW!

DH and I were really not feeling well at all today. We have killer headaches and dizzy spells, and it's been like that all day. HOWEVER, I did get broccoli pizza roll ups, spanish rice, and oatmeal cottage cheese pancakes finished. Those are all wrapped up and put away, but I haven't cleaned up yet, and I have a list to make tomorrow night as well. We'll see.

I skipped out on Raquetball. We got to the courts and found a line. I took it as a sign that I need rest. It's never good to exercise when you're not up to snuff.

I went and did secretarial work for a teacher-friend of mine instead. Stayed a little longer than I planned and that's why I didn't get everything prepped today. I did get the house cleaned earlier, though now the kitchen is a mess again. Ahh, such is life. I got more of a head start than I have in weeks. I'm satisfied.

Glad you ladies had a great day!
Closed Thread