South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 07:28 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Fit and Fun Friday!

TGIF!

I'm enjoying a little quiet time this morning before my day gets started. It's cold and windy here today, so I have to make sure to bundle up the little ones, as we're spending the day on the ski slopes. Cindy is letting them skip school so we can take advantage of the snow while it's still here. I get to stay inside by the fire, so I'm making sure I have a good book to bring along! What's everyone else doing today?
Old 02-23-2007, 07:31 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Finally Friday Chat

Good morning! Sunshine is going to happen this morning and the world will be gorgeous after yesterday's snow.

Not much new here. Lucy is feeling better but I'm not. I stayed in my robe and slippers all day yesterday but will make the supreme effort today and get dressed. We need milk and bread and mail picked up and my "staff" have the week off.

Enjoy your Friday and plan something fun for the weekend.
Old 02-23-2007, 07:59 AM   #3  
We'll all get there!!!!

S/C/G: 225/tic/130

Height: 5'4"

Good morning chickies! I'm so glad its friday! I need a serious break Its cold here...for a change Everything here is ok...having some minor problems at work, but no biggie. I think its time for a new job experience anyway. Hope all is well with everyone!

Have a great day!
Old 02-23-2007, 08:11 AM   #4  

Thank goodness its Friday! Can I hop on here?

Cottage, I can't believe you still have snow. We have nice brown grass. No snow or ice left. Have fun on the slopes!

Ruth, I hope you are feeling better soon. I'm glad the Lucy is at least on that road.

I'm still on P1, and yesterday was the first day that I had real trouble almost since the beginning. It was an emotional day and what I planned for my food didn't work out. Needless to say, I ate stuff that I shouldn't have. Truthfully, the portions weren't nuts and I know its not the end of the world, but I was trying so hard and now I feel like I let myself down again. Today will be better. I'll bring a 'forlater' bag for my out'n'about time, and do my best to make good choices when we go out to lunch.
Old 02-23-2007, 08:26 AM   #5  
Working for the Cruise!

Good morning ladies!

I'm with Cate, I need a break.......from my college break!

Yesterday was horrible. I slept late, missed my pick up time on kid number uno. I had 3 kiddos to babysit, 5, 6, and 7. Left the boy (6, named Addison) with the hubby while I took DS out dress shopping for prom with the little girls. They were exhausted by the time we got home, but Addison was wound for sound on 4 sodas! Apparently he was sneaking them while DH wasn't looking.....grrrr.......

The rest of the afternoon was loud and annoying, but ok. Until we got on the road to take them home and I realized I had a blown tire! I had DH take the girls home in the truck and Addison's mom picked him up....it was insane.

So today a friend and I are going to take the rim off the car and take it to the shop. I already had tires ordered as I knew this was coming, but was hoping the thing would hold out until Sat.

It's alright though, Meg and I will hit the Y and Curves since we're stuck together today.

Ruth, get better!

KMY - Don't beat yourself up. Keep at it!

Cottage - Have fun today!

Cate - Where are you working now?
Old 02-23-2007, 08:47 AM   #6  
We'll all get there!!!!

I'm working at a local dog kennel for the time being, but I wanted to look for another job anyway during the summer that pays more ( i need some college money ) But its just been an overwhelmingly stressful time. I am moving this summer and going to college and my parents are stressed b/c of the housing market, and I just want these college things to be over with. And on top of it, work (which I once enjoyed) is adding to my stress level lol. But fortunately, I am working my stress out through exercising. lol, or I am trying to anyway!

Well back to work!
Old 02-23-2007, 09:01 AM   #7  
Working for the Cruise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cate426 View Post
I'm working at a local dog kennel for the time being, but I wanted to look for another job anyway during the summer that pays more ( i need some college money ) But its just been an overwhelmingly stressful time. I am moving this summer and going to college and my parents are stressed b/c of the housing market, and I just want these college things to be over with. And on top of it, work (which I once enjoyed) is adding to my stress level lol. But fortunately, I am working my stress out through exercising. lol, or I am trying to anyway!

Well back to work!
It is tough with school, I understand. I actually left my waitressing job in October because of my credit load. I was out of work for about 2 weeks (remember, DH is working) until I found an ad for a nanny in the laundry mat. Now here I am! My boss at the restaurant is begging me to come back, which is a nice ego boost.

It's a fine dining place with a small staff that has been there for awhile. Newbies don't last much longer than a week (sometimes less than a day). With a staff that size, you work many shifts, and you have to actually CARE about the place. The place has 4 stories of tables and no dumb-waiters (no jokes here!) . It's a lot of work carrying 30 lb trays of food at $35 a plate up 3 flights of stairs and not look sweaty!

I love the job, so I'm gradually stepping back in. I love the customers, the atmosphere, and I'm in with the chef (always a plus)! Finally, I'm taking a wine-making course at school which has expanded my always-abundant interest and knowledge about wine. I'm making blueberry this semester!

ANYWAY.....my advice, take a hiatus. Don't burn any bridges. Leave it open for you to come back too. Most employers, even the most demanding ones, understand the stress of college.

HANG IN!
Old 02-23-2007, 10:46 AM   #8  
gotta lose it!

Morning all, thought I would swing by quickly & see what everyone is up to. I have my appt on Thurs. at David's Bridal to try on dresses....I'm excited, but I wish I had lost some more weight. Oh well, the wedding isn't until June, so I have some more time.
Have a great day!!
Old 02-23-2007, 11:19 AM   #9  
Groovin 4 a small planet

S/C/G: 2002: 205/129 Now: 155/144/125

Height: 5'4

Morning! I am going to hop on here too, if no one minds.

I have been doing so well; my only "cheats" are an extra glass of red wine or 2....but it hasnt affected my loss so far. This week marks the end week 2, phase 2 for me. I have only added fruits in so far, but this weekend I will start adding in some grains. I am going to make pizza on Sunday night with flat out bread. I think the best one was the hearty/multi grain, but I have to check again.

Ugh, I also HAVE to start exercising. I have been putting it off bc the weight loss has been steady without it, but I know I need to do it. GRRRRRRRRRR...

Almost time for a snack. I think I will have celery and some turkey, I am out of string cheese here at work, but I have a container of turket and some celery sticks.

Have a great day!!!!
Old 02-23-2007, 11:33 AM   #10  
We'll all get there!!!!

Lol sarah blueberry!? that sounds like fun! Wow that job sounds quite intense...4 flights? you better be in good shape I think i just need a break. I only work 4 days a week, and not for too long, its just at an awkward time in the day where I want to get work dont but i cant... but maybe i will
Old 02-23-2007, 11:43 AM   #11  
Groovin 4 a small planet

Cate, you and I are the same height, and I started at about 205 on my first big weight loss journey (in January of 2002). I joined my first gym about 3 or 4 weeks later at 186, and I was 135 in about 8 months. SO similar to your stats! Of course, I fell off the wagon after moving in with my boyfriend, so I got back up, as you can see from my ticker. I am hoping to do this PERMANENTLY this time around...we'll see.

Anyway, just wanted to share since I feel like I have something (even if its only numbers ) in common with you.

Have a great day, all!
Old 02-23-2007, 12:01 PM   #12  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Hey chicks just a quickie for me, I am not glad that it is friday as I have to work all week end at the store, although I have decided that I am going to give my notice tonight, I will work for them til the end of march that should give them enough time to find a key holder to replace me. It is just not worth the money I make to go out there and work, and the home job is doing great so I really don't need the money. And I am just getting to old to keep working all these hours. Well gotta to dash it is quiet time around here and I need to get a shower before it is time to go to the play ground slidding and get the school kids. Have a great week end I probably won't be here till monday.
Old 02-23-2007, 07:41 PM   #13  
Stinger

S/C/G: 0/0/0

Height: 5'5

Hey everyone--

Just poppin in to say hi and share a funny. I thought cardo was done to lose weight?????

Last night at the gym I wanted to see how much I lost after doing 30 mins. of cardo so I weighed myself before and after.

Guess what...I gained 6 oz. Can you believe that?????? The only thing I can figue is that I was drinking water. Isn't that crazy. I could understand if I was lifting weights but all I did was cardio.

And you thought you had to workout to lose weight.
Old 02-23-2007, 08:23 PM   #14  
Groovin 4 a small planet

Oh, no, don't do that! I was told by a trainer once that she would never measure anyone or weigh anyone after working out bc you will always be heavier and "swollen." Weird, I know. Now, I have to say; once I went for a brisk morning walk after I weighed in, and I lasted 20 minutes before I realized (sorry if this is too much info ) that I needed to get home quickly and...ahem...visit the bathroom.

I was curious, so I weighed myself afterwards.

I "lost" 3 pounds.

That's why no matter how many times I may weigh myself, I only count my scheduled weigh in time and day.
Old 02-23-2007, 09:30 PM   #15  
We'll all get there!!!!

Haha Jaime. Thats funny =]
Closed Thread