Old 02-22-2007, 06:55 PM   #1  

Default Afraid to step on the weighing scale

Hey guys,

Just wondering if this if just a me thing. See, I am currently looking at the weighing scale and just wondering about how much I weigh right now. The fact is I have only been exercising since Monday and I do know my starting weight plus how much I have lost since I started a healthy diet.

However, I am just frankly scared of standing on the weighing scale. Its like I am feeling afraid that the weight I lost came back or that all my exercising efforts will be proven useless if the scales tell me I am back to 60kgs again. Or worse 60+ kgs. It would be like everything was for nothing. Yes, I do know that muscle mass weighs more than fat but...still.

Gah! Am I making any sense here??

shockingp
shockingpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 07:22 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 224/187/135

Height: 5'8"

If you don't want to step on the scale don't. Take your measurements instead. That's a better judge of how you are doing instead of the scale. I wish I didn't have one. I weigh myself too much.
sharonrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 10:00 AM   #3  
Oh buddy, it's on!

I'm scared of stepping on the scale, too. I've been eating healthy and exercising since the new year and I still have no idea how much I weigh or how much I've lost. I just know I feel better and have so much more energy. But I'm going to get on that thing one of these days just so I know a number. Hopefully I'm not way off my guesstimate.
Katy05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 08:06 PM   #4  

Height: 5'

Wink I'm with sharonrr!

I don't get on the scale. Just when I'm feeling lighter and healthier and the clothes are fitting more loosely, the scale is almost guaranteed to be a killer. Why bother? If you're not losing weight, you could be losing inches. And sometimes you're losing inches but not weight.

I promised myself I wouldn't get on the scale till the end of this month but that date is coming perilously soon. I may freak out if I found out I haven't broken the 200 lb. mark yet. Maybe I should re-schedule that first weigh-in for another month...anything but find out I've not gotten as far as I think I have...better to be in the dark and feeling good than enlightened and disillusioned.

My $.02.
samanthaf63 is offline   Reply With Quote