South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 07:34 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Thinking Thinner Thursday

AHHHH! That's better. I tried to give up my morning coffee yesterday, but I had an awful headache all day and was tired and lethargic, so I decided it wasn't worth it. I did make it through the whole day, though. Instead, I'm using Lent to get and stay on track. That's doable.
After I pick up Maggie from school this morning, we're meeting a friend for lunch and library time until it's time to go get Audrey. Then we're going to bake some banana bread to take along for snacking on our ski trip tomorrow. Don't worry, I have no intention of even sneaking a tiny morsel of it. It's Lent, so I couldn't cheat.

So, what're your plans for today?
Old 02-22-2007, 08:20 AM   #2  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

morning Cottage, great title for the daily. I am so jealous that you are off to the ski hill I sooooo wish it was me. I understand the headache thing I can not go without caffine, must have my daily tea. (pots of the stuff) I am trying to give up the diet coke though and it is tuff.
Not much going on with me today I love thursdays I don't have any extra stuff to do, no activities for the kids, no work, just surviour, so I am going to tidy the house and try to catch up on the laundry in between the kid stuff. I have some baking to do today as well. Bran muffins and gronola bars for the kids and maybe some cookies. But the banana bread sounds good too. Well must dash and get the day started. Have a great one chicks.
Old 02-22-2007, 08:33 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning! I finally had a night of sleep, not coughing! I still feel pretty rough but will work in another lengthy nap this afternoon. Lucy is getting back to "normal" but is still sleeping a lot. She is finally starting to eat again so we are over the hump. I guess we're on the road to recovery.

I was planning to go to town with Claire today to get some fabric for tab-top curtains in the back room but feel too crappy to go. I know I'm sick when I don't want to go to a fabric store!

My focus today is going to be on water and actually cooking a meal. I've pretty well used up my stash. I thawed shrimp yesterday but didn't feel up to a stir-fry so must use them today.

Cottage and Little Chick, banana bread sounds good. Could you pass me a piece with my coffee? Just a bit of Becel on it please.

I think I'll lie down for a bit as the Girls are setting an example. I seem to be doing a lot of napping - maybe the drugs?

Later.....
Old 02-22-2007, 09:32 AM   #4  

what's Becel?
Old 02-22-2007, 09:54 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Becel is the Canadian equivalent to Smart Balance a margarine made of good fats.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:17 AM   #6  
PCOS will not control me!

S/C/G: 283/241/175

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning Ladies!!

Stepped on the scale this morning and was able to start my day with a smile! 2 more lbs gone!!! I have 2 more lbs to go before i reach my end of the month goal. I'm trying to lose 8 lbs a month/2 lbs per week. Would you ladies say that is a healthy/realistic rate for the SBD?
Old 02-22-2007, 10:31 AM   #7  
I'll Sleep When I'm Dead!

S/C/G: 230/223/140

Height: 5'4.75"

HI All!

I just wanted to check in and say hello! Yesterday fasting for Ash Wednesday was REALLY HARD. But I did it. I ate small meals for breakfast and lunch, andmy tummy growled along with everyone elses at mass! LOL! FOr dinner we have bean and Spinach soup... YUM and I had a little bit of SF FF Pudding... YUM!

ANyway.. Back to normal today. Got a doctor appt this morning so I have to run.. but I will be back!
Old 02-22-2007, 12:09 PM   #8  

Height: 5'4"

Morning Girls: 8:48 A.M. here in CA...Still wet outside!
All the time I sat here bragging to you gals about our beautiful weather and now! it finally caught up with me!!!!
For Shame!

I din't get the last cubboard cleaned yesterday...maybe today.

The Banana Bread sounds so good but one bite would start me off on the whole loaf...Just can't have it around at all...Guess I am weak willed.

As for the question about losing weight: My aim is 2 lbs a week also. I did put in a total of 10 lb. goal for Feb. but I think that is pusing it too hard...but then again if we stop trying hard, we stop losing. What a battle!

With hitting 20 lbs yesterday, that was 13 for Jan, and 7 so far for Feb. I sure would like to hit 25 before I have hip surgery....

Feeling a bit down in the dumbs knowing my darling sister MamaJo,is leaving soon for a week or more...We often find we are doing the same chore or buying the same thing though we live 700 miles apart...

Once when she came here and walked in, she found the same kitchen floor and same Cookie Jar as she had put in...unbeknown to each other.

She is dark haired and I am blond, but when people see us together they spot us for sisters right away...We get the same expressions and much of our actions are alike.

Sound like I am going to miss her! I already do.

Going to pick up two of our grandsons, ages 15 and 12 to come over and play Hand and Foot, Card Game with DH and I this afternoon...Fun. Popcorn, Fruit and Juice for them, and Apple, Peanut Butter and Tea for me.

Read you girls later...Good luck with SB today...Hang in there. Love you all, Lu
Old 02-22-2007, 03:25 PM   #9  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Hey, Cottage...that sounds like a scary thing to give up! I have some friends that gradually added a little decaf to their pot each day until they were drinking mostly decaf. That helped. Or you could try drinking green tea, which has caffeine, but not as much, and perhaps more health benefits (though there are health benefits for coffee drinkers too! )

I went to the gym! I know...it shouldn't be that amazing a thing, but I've been dragging all week and haven't gone, even though I knew I should. Funny thing is I got there and the second I walked in, I felt energized to do a huge workout! Go figure!

I really miss dancing and think I should start taking Jazzercise again. I really liked it, but the nights weren't a good match for a while. I'll have to see when the classes are now...

Hope everyone has a great day! Sorry I can't reply to everyone.
Old 02-22-2007, 03:26 PM   #10  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

P.S. So glad you are on the mend, Ruth. Lucy too. Take it easy and rest up, both of you! about the fabric store...I hear you!
Old 02-22-2007, 04:16 PM   #11  
Stinger

S/C/G: 0/0/0

Height: 5'5

Hi

It seems I don't have much time to post lately. I have been busy with school, the kids, and going to the gym. By the way since I hit over 25 lbs. I
posted on the mini-goal the other day. I will post for every 25 lbs. until I reach goal.

beachgal Good job on going to the gym. I try to go everyother day, sometimes everyday when I can.

lubajo 20 lbs. in 2 mo. wow! It took me 3 1/2 mo. to lose 26 lbs. I did cheat alot. It is amazing to think how far I might have come if only I'd had more willpower. Great job for staying O.P.

JerseyGirrl Congrats on the 2 lbs.

little chick I had to give up Pepsi for SB. Never really got hooked on diet pop.

cottagebythesea I am doing 40 days of staying O.P. too.

JoviMom fasting is hard. I managed to go 24 hours with only water before. When the Lord moves you to fast it is much easier than doing it on your own.

Well that's all for now. Hope all is well. Fell better soon Ruth.
Closed Thread