General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 09:25 PM   #1  
Proud US Navy Wife

Exclamation My feet have issues.. HELP!

After looking far and wide, I'm guessing this is the best place to post this.. please tell me if I'm wrong. I just need help! =/

This is so icky even to admit, but I have a quite bad toe fungus... it's been there for years. With my weight loss, I've also been trying to get rid of it using an over-the-counter med, which I've finally realized after months and 3 bottles just isn't working.

I know the best thing would be to go to a podiatrist, but with little money and no insurance that doesn't seem like a viable option. And with my weight gone, I would love to wear some open-toe shoes... not an option right now with that one! So I was wondering, does anyone have any personal experience with OTC/home remedies to get rid of a problem like this? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you so much for reading
Old 02-20-2007, 11:39 PM   #2  

Height: 5'

Post Dad went through the same thing...

The problem is that it's not really a toe fungus - it's a medical problem that manifests as a toe fungus. The problem is that you need medication that works internally - it's a pill. It worked very well for my father, who had had the issue for over 20 years.

I'm not sure that any kind of "home remedy" would work in this case, I am sorry.
Old 02-21-2007, 12:08 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 207/195/137

Height: 5'2"

Default toe fungus

hi, i am not a medical expert and certainly do encourage you to seek medical help. is there a clinic in your area where possibly a doc might have podiatric background?
i will say this: i've heard of many folks using tea tree oil or even vicks... have you ever heard of these remedies?
good luck. and GB.
Old 02-22-2007, 02:15 AM   #4  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

I don't have experience with this personally but have read that tea tree oil applied to the affected area once daily after bathing can help resolve the problem. It may take months but the nail should grow out good as new.

Do you have any free or low-cost clinics in your area? I wouldn't wait to see a medical doctor for help if you've had it for years. Good luck.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:56 AM   #5  
ONEderland, I 0wn you!

S/C/G: 289/195/169

Height: 5'10"

I had that, honestly, about an hour before I took a bath or showered, I used plain white vinegar on ALL my toes, even though only my big toes had it, and kept applying that with a fresh qtip, every 20 minutes, basically I saturated each toe nail. Be very careful to use a fresh qtip for each toe to not spread the fungus. After the shower, I used tea tree oil. It took awhile for it to stop growing and to finally stop, so that new growth would push it out. My toenails apparently grow very very slowly, but as of now, it's more or less gone, and I started treatment at the end of last summer. So it took some time, I'm guessing it would depend on how long you've had it and how big it's become. I also threw away ALL nail polishes, even if I didn't remember using it on my toes, just to be safe, and didn't paint them at all while doing the treatment. I bought implements, orange sticks, trimmers etc JUST for those toes and made sure I never cross contaminated them with the "safe" implements.
Closed Thread