UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 01:27 PM   #1  

S/C/G: SW/253/CW231/GW175

Height: 5'8

Default Slimming world support thread

I decided to start this thread because everyone was saying it was a good idea, maybe we should have weekly weigh ins like the group as well?Just an idea.

Cherry cupcake-i didn't have any pancakes yday i was way too busy at university. Well least your back on the plan today.

Antari-Welcome, wish you well on your jorney. Just wanted to remind ya that you were 5 stone lighter 2 years ago just remember that weight gain takes time and so does weight loss.

It would be so good if there was a SW online a bit like the weight watchers online. I really think they should also invest in more products like WW. When i went off the plan one of the reasons was i could always find WW foods everywhere and always stay in my points but with SW i find it very hard to eat out and my family and friends always cook with a lot of oil so this doesn't help when eating with friends/family.Any suggestions for places to eat out on SW, Nandos is a good one but too expensive, they have this amaziing low fat frozen yogurt.

I was wondering if you ladies have picked up any useful habits on other plans that you apply to SW:

One of the good habits i aquired on the WW plan was drinking skimmed milk(i think i will do this for life) and eating plan creals. Aslo brown pasta yum
Old 02-21-2007, 02:04 PM   #2  

Do you mean a forum by SW online? As SW do have a members website with loads of stuff on it. You probably know that, I just wondered what you meant.

They don't have a forum as they think it isn't always helpful or some rubbish.

I remember there was a questionnaire once online or in the mag about if people thought it would be a good idea if they made ready meals and such like. Maybe it will happen.

Last edited by veggie; 02-21-2007 at 02:12 PM.
Old 02-21-2007, 02:40 PM   #3  

Hi-would like to join ur slimming world 'contingency' on this site!! Ive been a member since last summer but battling with a thyroid problem has led me to having a very slow loss upto know-so gonna go back to the gym to try and spur it on a bit. Hopefully the online support will give me the extra boost i need..
Old 02-21-2007, 04:48 PM   #4  

I'm doing Slimming World online, since I'm never around to get to the meetings. I was really surprised that they don't have a forum, I'm sure there'd be some consultants that would be happy to keep an eye on it!

I don't think I've picked up any useful tips from any other plans. One thing I always do on SS though is use the small side of the grater for my cheese (which I have a fair bit of most days really), it always makes it look as if you have twice as much and it melts better than ever
Old 02-22-2007, 05:12 AM   #5  

I'm pleased that we now have our own thread as it's good to get some different ideas.

I have been on the website and am using their diary page. It's really good and it keeps me out of the kitchen

I have only been doing this diet for 2 days now and am eating so much that I am sure I will put weight on, but I suppose most people say that...........I will have to see what happens next weigh in. I think my problem is that I lost all my weight doing Lighterlife and when I came off that my metabolism had gone to pot and I couldn't eat normally. It took about a year for it to normalise and as I have thyroid problems too I got quite depressed about it all. I managed to keep most of the weight off until last year by becoming a vegan. I am still a 'strict' vegetarian, but will eat cheese if pushed! The Laughing Cow Triangles are going to become my saviour I think!

It's good to be able to eat a fair amount of fruit though as I used to dream about it when I was on the LL diet, it was the only thing I missed. I am going to buy the green book as I think I will need to see a few vegetarian recipes (without the eggs).
Old 02-22-2007, 01:50 PM   #6  

Hi Antari, and everyone else on this thread-just read ur post, and thought Id let you know that the good thing with slimming world is you can eat all that food-and still lose weight, which is why its not a diet-its a way of eating that you can realistically follow for the rest of your life. My friends and family are amazed that I can eat massive plates of food and still lose a few pounds each week.Its great. And also on the note of Laughing Cow, go for the Extra light ones(purple)instead of light blue as you can have 6 instead of 5 as a healthy extra!! and it makes great pasta sauce x
Old 02-22-2007, 03:00 PM   #7  

Well ladies

Another green day for me and feeling really good now it's nearly the end of my week and to be honest i haven't really had time to use my syns. My little sister is over so many we'll have some

Popz microwave popcorn only 6% fat light & natural..does anyone know the syn value for this?

Antari- i think everyone says that they don't think they'll lose on their first few days on SW, but that is never the case. I remember one time in my group a lady came and said she'd eaten four jacket potatoes in one sitting and lost 9lbs that week!!!!!I lost 3lbs on my first week, my first taste of success. Can't wait to see your weigh in hope it all goes well

WT-Welcome We can all help each other acheive our goals.

Why would they think a forum would not be helpful, i think this place helps us keep accountable and we can help each other. I hope they do make some products this is a great plan that doesn't even feel like a plan at all everyone should do it!!
Old 02-22-2007, 04:21 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshtigger View Post
...And also on the note of Laughing Cow, go for the Extra light ones(purple)instead of light blue as you can have 6 instead of 5 as a healthy extra!! and it makes great pasta sauce x
That sounds good, I get through loads of pasta. How do you make the sauce Jo? Do you mix the cheese with anything?

SWC, that Popz popcorn is worse than it looks, it's around 25 sins per 100g bag whether it's the butter, salted or sweet one. I had a look on the SW site when I joined and there was a FAQ about why they don't have a forum. What they were worried about was people giving out bad advice, claiming food was free when it wasn't etc. I can see their point, but we all have the information to hand and so can check things like that ourselves, and it might even stop that one person making a mistake that will cost them a gain or two!
Old 02-22-2007, 07:02 PM   #9  

Wow thanks for the heads up on the popcorn, i have several bags of the stuff maybe i'll just have 1 a week or every three days. I convinvced my little sister that we'll just have tea she didn't want to watch a movie anyway. I'm really trying to influence her so she can learn some healthy habits of eating too i thought popcorn was a good way to go because it's light and hey ..its corn. What about homemade popcorn? Does anyone know the syns?

Just wondering whats the biggest weight loss you girls have had at a weigh in ever also, name the plan?

I once lost 41/2 pounds in one week!! on SW.
Old 02-23-2007, 01:52 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimmingWorldChick View Post
thought popcorn was a good way to go because it's light and hey ..its corn. What about homemade popcorn? Does anyone know the syns?
I bought a Popcorn Maker from Argos(in the shape of a duck!!) its great. 28g of popped corn, as long as its made without fat,which it is with that maker, is only 5.5 syns on both plans, and its great cos you can then flavour it how ever u like...and altho 28g doesnt sound alot, it is, cos its mostly air!!! yummy xx
Old 02-23-2007, 04:36 PM   #11  

I always find it hard to use my health extra A...and ive found a great way..to make rice pudding which would be free on green using the milk as a healthy extra..

It's getting closer to weigh in now, a bit worried i actually haven't been eating enough, i always have mad cravings b4 my period then when it's here i loose my apetite.

I'm here trying to munch down some rice pudding now in an attempt to eat more. We'll just have to see eh? My friend and me decided to do this together this week and she gave me a call to say she's lost 3 pounds already we ain't weighing in till Monday!!
Old 02-23-2007, 06:57 PM   #12  

Rice pudding is one of my favourites, a nice creamy dessert and only using one Healthy Extra. Especially nice with some frozen berries swirled up in it. I could use my Healthy extras over and over. I quite often have a bag of ryvita minis for lunch with a slim-a-soup when I'm working, plus I could eat cheese until it comes out of my ears, I'll use it on just about anything! This time around I'm using pine nuts too, which I toast and throw into my cous cous.

I had a really nice dinner tonight, nice because it felt so sinful! Sliiming World chips sprinkled with garlic chip seasoning before I put them in the oven, with baked beans and quorn chicken style dippers, which are only 1/2 a sin each.

Just to be really sinful I followed it up with a weight watchers chocolate and honeycomb swirl icecream (4 1/2 sins), topped with a sliced banana...delicious!
Old 02-25-2007, 12:06 PM   #13  

This thread is a great idea - it's giving me lots of new foods to try which really helps me because I tend to get fed up eating the same things. I am having more green days at the moment, they are my favourites.

Years ago (well about 5)there used to be a SW forum on the SW website. It was brilliant and had thousands of members full of ideas. Then one day SW shut it down saying that they were worried that members would give each other wrong information etc. It was really sad.

I make Bits' rice pudding all the time. It's lovely!

I am weighing in for the 5th week tomorrow but I am hoping not to have gained - I've had a week off work and to be honest I've slipped a bit. I am back on form today though.
My loses have been
Week 1, 6 pounds
Week 2, 3 pounds
Week 3, 6 pounds
Week 4, 0 pounds
I am really annoyed with myself because I bet I would've had a good loss this week if I'd stuck at it.

What days do you all weigh in?
Old 02-25-2007, 03:12 PM   #14  

Hey all,

I tucked into some baked apple and cinnamon with some fat free yogurt from morrisons and sweeteener. I haven't had any syns this week apart from some extra skimmed milk,meat and a midnight munch on a bowl of Special K, mind you my cousin just gave me half a bag of that Popz microwave popcorn, should i? should i not? . I'm so terrible at counting syns bcos i hate weighing stuff.

Wow cherrycupcake 6 pounds!!! I'm weighing in tomorrow, very worried cos i have been trying been good all week.
Old 02-25-2007, 03:47 PM   #15  

I hate weighing stuff all the time too, the only things I ever really weigh are cheese, rice (for the rice pudding) and cous cous. That baked apple sounds really nice, how many syns is a baked apple? I might have to have a go at that next weekend!

Cherrycupcake, just looking at the losses you've had so far are fantastic! I hope you do well this week too I weigh myself each Saturday morning (and most other mornings!) and that's the one I count as my end of week. It's great, because then sometimes (not all the time!) I can reward myself with a day off on the Saturday since I have a whole week to go until the next weigh in

I lost 3 lbs after Christmas, (in additon to whats on my ticker) and when I got on the scales this morning I'd lost another pound, so that unofficially takes me to a stone today! I was well chuffed!
Closed Thread