General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 04:40 PM   #1  
-

S/C/G: 245/178/150?

Height: 5'10"

Default Any Chickies with Rosacea?

Hi all,

I have Rosacea and have had it for about 6 years. I use a topical gel 2x/day that seems to keep it in check but do have to use antibiotics every few years if it gets too bad.

I'm wondering if any of you know of a Rosacea "friendly" pore minimizer? My pores seem to be getting bigger and I'd like to do something for that if there's a safe product out there that won't cause a flare up.

TIA, Beth
Old 02-20-2007, 04:47 PM   #2  
Meg

I've got rosecea too. I use Metrocream and periodically end up on an antibiotic too.

When I talked to my doctor about my huge nose pores, I was surprised when he prescribed Tretinoin (RetinA) because I thought that was a no-no with rosecea. But it's been OK and if my skin starts to dry out too much, I just skip a night with the Tretonin. It's prescription only, though.
Old 02-20-2007, 07:35 PM   #3  
-

S/C/G: 245/178/150?

Height: 5'10"

Oh, I tried that when I was a teenager and it was so drying but now it may be worth a try again. My skin gets more oily the older I get. The good thing is at 44 I still have no wrinkles so I don't mind the oiliness if it keeps the wrinkles at bay.

Beth
Closed Thread