South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 05:14 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 198/170/130

Height: 5'3

Default Phase II Questions

Hello

I was wondering if anyone else out there is on Phase II and wants to chat. I started phase II last week and have only added the SB cereal bar or a whole wheat tortilla in. One seving of either in a day. Some days I maintained a phase I meal plan. In phase I, I lost 6 lbs and my first week in Phase II only.8 . I'd love to have some company on my journey. Is it normal for weightloss to slow in Phase II? and for how long?

Nikki

Last edited by Nikki128; 02-19-2007 at 05:22 PM.
Old 02-19-2007, 11:23 PM   #2  
Groovin 4 a small planet

S/C/G: 2002: 205/129 Now: 155/144/125

Height: 5'4

Funny you should want to chat...

I officially started SB ph2 last Saturday 2/10/07, but I added nothing but 3 glasses of Chianti that night and 2 glasses Wednesday. I then attended a fund raiser this past Saturday 2/17/07 and I had a preset salad that had a few raisins in it, the steak and veggies on my plate plus maybe half of the crabcake (refused the bread and the garlic mashed potatoes and they were right in front of me ) a couple of scotch and waters, and that was it. On Sunday I had a ww piece of toast with my omelet (it was good except it was probably fried in more grease than I would allow and they used full fat cheese) and other than that I stayed on Ph1 plan. Today, I ate my regular Ph1 meals and snacks except I added an apple tonight for dessert. I feel really full, and almost different, if you know what I mean. And I really did not enjoy the dried out toast on Sunday-it just wasn't that good. Kind of strange.

I know that adding none of the right starches and fruits after the first 14 days wasn't on plan, but I honestly really enjoy the Ph1 foods and I only miss my wine . I do definitely realize I can't just drink my fruits and sugars, but I guess for me its what I miss the most. That's why I forced the addition of the apple tonight though, I know I have to get fruits and grains back in, even if I do do it slowly. I am also getting loads of H20, sometimes 150 ounces, but I drink about 3 or 4 cups of coffee in the morning so I need more to stay hydrated and flushed.

Anyway, I am rambling. How's your plan going?
Old 02-20-2007, 08:05 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I've changed the title of this thread because it's too confusing to Newbies to have more than one chat in the Forum. Most of the folks on the daily chat are on Phase II so you could also post any questions in there.

Nikki, weight loss does slow down in Phase II so .8 pounds is fine. Most people do maintain a Phase I meal plan and add only one good carb per day as you have done.

Jaime, please do start to add fruit and good grains back into your plan. See this from the FAQ.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:53 AM   #4  

Ruth-

I just thought it would be nice to have a chat forum for phase II like the phase I thread. I understand most people are on Phase II but It is easier to have one thread and a group of friends then several I feel. Sorry if that is not ok.

Jamie- I am doing good on plan. As Isaid I am mostly sticking to meals I feel comfortable with for.

Nikki
Old 02-20-2007, 12:22 PM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Nikki - I just want to avoid calling it a chat as it gets very confusing for new folks. Also, the MODs are volunteers and extra ongoing threads make our job more difficult. So let's just leave this as a discussion thread rather than a "chat". However, remember that you may be missing vauable input from more experienced Beachers who don't have time to read every post.
Old 02-20-2007, 02:08 PM   #6  

No Problem. I just don't personally find I fit in elsewhere
Closed Thread