Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2002, 01:38 PM   #1  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Christian Encouragers #133

Welcome to the Christian Encouragers Thread. If you want support and prayers for your healthy eating or struggles that you're having in your life then you've come to the right place! We're here for each other.
Old 02-05-2002, 01:43 PM   #2  
Quit counting at 45!

Hi all! It's a lovely day here and I have to be inside!! It's -10C a far cry from the -30C weather we've been having.

I hope you all are having a good day and staying on program. I find it easy to do that at work but once I get home - look out!! I find keeping busy and drinking water helps.

I had a great day off yesterday - got caught up on book work and then did some baking. I make pizza loaves which end up being like pizza subs to put in DS's lunch. I keep thinking of all the stuff I won't have to do next year when he's off to school.

Well, I'm at work and should be doing some!!

Have a great day!
Old 02-06-2002, 07:15 AM   #3  
Growing in Christ

Good Wednesday morning ladies!

Ginny - don't mind at all your sharing our good news!

I looked at WW online a couple days back.....right now it's $60 to get you started...covers the initial cost plus the first 3 months. I'm just not sure if I'd really use the online resources enough to warrant paying $15/month after... I may check out e-bay, I've seen a LOT of WW "starter" pkg there.

Anywho..... I hope you all have a great day today. Remember to let God guide your eating!!!

Patricia
Old 02-06-2002, 07:19 AM   #4  
Seeking God's Gold

Angry

Good Morning Everyone!!!!

I have been MIA for some time but just wanted to POP in and say hello to everyone. So Hello

So sorry to hear so many are sick. It's been really bad here for some time. Our small hospital has been full for weeks now and having to just hospitalize the sickest ones. I pray that God will place his healing hand on each and everyone of you. I was sick several weeks ago and still remain really tired and weak. My get up and go leaves quickly. Will continue to pray for you! Hope you are feeling better soon.

Gotta run but I will try to check in a little more often. Have a good day!!!
Old 02-06-2002, 07:38 AM   #5  
Growing in Christ

Default Weight Watchers

I have a ???? Thought there were WW specific threads but didn't see any, so, maybe one of you could help. Does anyone know, if you do WW Online, does it show the entire pts chart as far as if this is what you weigh...these are your points, or if you plug in your specific info and it tells you that way? Asking because I'm wondering if we'd be able to get our starting pts allowances for both dh and I, or not.

Thanks!!!

Patricia
Old 02-06-2002, 08:07 AM   #6  

Blessing today,
I am sorry for being MIA but the kids have been sick and when they are home I don't get much time on the computer. I have had a hard time staying OP I have realized this weekend I am depressed. I have changed postions at work and I hate what I am doing. And all these animals are driving me nuts! Please keep me in your prayers. I do have a praise on tues I took my two youngest to the denist and while my 5 yr old was back with the denist the fire alarm went off and we had to leave the building. I was so scared I didn't know where my 5 yr old was. I found her. She was with her denist and I caught up with her on the stairs on the way out. Everyone thought it was a drill but it turned out the elevator that we had just been on the motor over heated and caught on fire! Thankfuly everyone was fine!

Patricia-Congrats on baby Joshua! I really miss those baby days!!! Take it slow and enjoy your time with your baby. One thing you can do is ask your doctor for a diet (maybe a diabetic diet it is so close to the WW) and follow that. That would be free! (ask at you follow up app.) And we are here for you to help with any questions you might have. I will try to be an example for you.

Ginny-I am praying for you I am going through the same thing at my job. I had to change where my desk is and the person who is suppose to move where his desk is won't move! I think I am going to start looking for a new job.

Wilma-Brrrrr pray that you are keeping warm. We have gotting a cold front and I had to get my coat out! It has been so warm here that we haven't need heavy coats.

Sherry-Praying that you are staying well. You have been missed so come back soon!

To all the others lifting you in prayer!
Sami
Old 02-06-2002, 08:20 AM   #7  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Good morning fellow Christian's

I am back on track.....finally! After being sick and not eating much, when I started feeling better, I was eating TOO MUCH but yesterday, I finally got back into my WW points......speaking of WW,

Patricia ~ if you are looking for WW specific threads here, I am on them. Look down the main list to WW....there are different threads ~ 20 somthings, 30 somethings, etc. There is one called "other age groups" and that's where I am, in the "Fabulous 40's" group. A great bunch of gals, a few from your area too.

Sherry ~ so glad to see you back again. I was wondering about you and where ya went.

to everyone else, have a wonderfully blessed and OP day.
Old 02-06-2002, 09:49 AM   #8  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!!!!!!!!
Just a quick hello!

Zoe- glad that you are doing better and back OP. Sometimes it is so hard to get your inspiration back.

Sami-sorry to hear that your family has been sick and that you are down. You've had your share of stress these days, and between the sick family and job problems there is little relief.
Spend some time in prayer- just you and the Lord- be honest with him with what is bothering you. And I will pray for you too!
Hope that your day goes well.

Wilma- glad that you finally got some warm (?) , well warmer weather!!!!!! Those pizza subs sound interesting and something like my Ds would enjoy. How do you make them? Hope that it is warm enough for at least a short walk. And thanks for starting a new thread.

Sherry- I am not sure if we have met or not. But welcome back!
I used to post here a year ago, and then got too busy and have been back since December. Glad to see you here.

Patricia- I am looking at the WW literature now, the # for the WW at home is 1-800-710-4663 (HOME). Were you looking for the points for you and Jack? I have the older literature and I understand that they changed the points a bit, but I am losing weight, so it must be ok!
The points I have are :

150-174 pounds 20-27 points
175-199 pounds 22-29 points
200-224 pounds 24-31 points
225-250 pounds 26-33 points
Hope that this helps. Check out ebay- they have all kinds of pieces of WW literature, so if you have some of it and are looking to fill in with only say the points finder or dining out guide you can do just that.
I have babbled enough for one day!
Oh- tonite I have another (and the last) practice with that praise team that I am performing with on Saturday. Please pray that it goes well!
Have a great day.
Ginny

this was quick?

Last edited by ECmom; 02-06-2002 at 10:00 AM.
Old 02-06-2002, 11:02 AM   #9  
Quit counting at 45!

Hi all! I'm popping in here quickly at work. Just can't wait until I get home!

Glad to have you back here Sherri. I remember you! Keep posting even if things don't go well. That's what we're here for.

Ginny: the pizza buns/loaves are easy to make. Just take ordinary bun dough and roll out a piece depending on the size of the loaf you want. Then spread a small amount of pizza sauce in the centre. Add a layer of meat and sprinkle with a small amount of cheese. (It sometimes oozes out!) Pull the sides of the dough over the filling and pinch together. Let rise approx. 1/2 an hour and bake for 20 mins at 350. Sometimes I make these in smaller buns or larger loaves. The larger loaves can actually be sliced and served that way.

Don't add too much filling or it'll all ooze out. I tend to use spicy meat like pepperoni and spicy sauce so that the flavour comes out. My family loves these.

Gotta go! I'll try to log on after work!
Old 02-06-2002, 10:24 PM   #10  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Well, Wilma you've inspired me! Thanks for the recipe for the pizza loaves. They sound a lot like something that my family would like. And from there I could sort of make my own "hot pockets" - cheaper and healthier too!!!! (Ds likes those, and they are expensive). Hope that you got home ok from work.

Praise on the practice with the praise teamthis evening. It went much better than last weeks practice ( which was outright discouraging) and although this is not really my kind of music, I think it will sound ok and (Lord willing) I will be able to make some sort of positive contribution.

Gotta go. I think I have spent enough time on the computer today.
Have a peaceful evening.
Ginny
Old 02-07-2002, 07:56 AM   #11  
Seeking God's Gold

Angry Thanks for the welcome

Good Morning Everyone!!!

Hope everyone is gonna have a good day! Come on we have to think positive and not let the old take control, ya know?

I am still so keyed up about what I was able to do yesterday!!! We bought a treadmill on Saturday and I have been trying to walk but after 5-6 minutes have started having chest pain. I have a condition that makes me have too much pressure INSIDE my heart. So when I went to exercise the pressure would increase and I would start to hurt. But persistant and patience paid off yesterday. I was able to walk a whole mile in 26.5 minutes and didn't have near as much pain as I normally do!! I pray that I can continue this pace and be able to increase it gradually over the next few weeks so that I can get this old out of shape body back in line.

Hope everyone is doing well and that your day is wonderful!! Check back with you later.
Old 02-07-2002, 10:53 AM   #12  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!!
Hey Sherry! That is great news that you were able to stay on the treadmill for that long without pain!!!! (you have checked with your Dr about this, right?). Slow and steady- don't be too hard on yourself, ok? Keep checking back in here for lots of encouragment!!!

I got a good walk in this am. My eating has been ok- but with the mood I am in there is the potential for trouble (I am feeling a bit overwhelmed by all that has to get done).
So, I am off to accomplish something and reduce that "to do" list.
Have a great day!
Ginny
Old 02-07-2002, 12:08 PM   #13  

Blessing this morning!
I like you Ginny have a lot to do and decided before I get started I will pop in for a min. All of you are such a blessing to me. It really makes my day to share with my friends.

Sherry-Wow you are doing great. Be careful I remember when you had the last scare with your heart and I don't want anything to happen to you!

Ginny-to much to do and not enough time!!!! I pray you find a few min to yourself. And thank you for your words of wisdom I am going to spend more time in prayer!

Patricia-How is the baby? I am praying your day is going well.

Wilma-I am going to try you pizza's sounds great!

Zoe-How are you doing? I hope your still feeling well and staying on track.

Have a great day will pop in later!
Sami
Old 02-07-2002, 01:38 PM   #14  
Quit counting at 45!

Hi Everyone! I'm at work so I'll try to make this quick. I've had a healthy lunch and breakfast and am working on my water. I also have my muffin for pm coffee break. After work I go get my hair cut so that'll keep me from eating!

It's snowing and blowing out there today. I'm kind of concerned about the teachers and students heading out today for a conference 5 hours away. Please pray with me for safety. DS is going and will be participating in a worship band there.

Sami: I've been convicted lately about spending more time with God. I seem to find time to do other things so I should be able to find time for God.

Ginny: You're doing really great. Keep it up! I need you for inspiration.

Sherri: Please take care of yourself. We don't want anything happening to you. Take it easy and you should do well.

Zoe: How are you doing? I hope you're feeling better!
Have a great day!
Old 02-07-2002, 11:05 PM   #15  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Hello everyone ~ I'm home alone, Greg is in Vegas on business so I am alone....last night, tonight and tomorrow night. You would think that when I'm alone, I would do EXTRA GOOD staying OP....NOT!!! So I had a bad day (night really) but will be right back on track in the morning.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful evening and has a great Friday.

Until tomorrow.....
Closed Thread