Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 02-19-2007, 04:18 AM   #1  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Default Featherweights Planning for Feb 19th to 25th

Good morning all!

Happy Frus checking in! I had a treat-ish day Saturday with half a thin-crust pizza, and I was going to eat some ice-cream which I'd bought for my treat day, but I just wasn't hungry enough for it The scales were down 2lbs yesterday morning

Then yesterday we went out on the coach to Straford Upon Avon and had a walk round there and a lovely Sunday lunch - I had baked Sea Bream, with Head and Fins and tail!!!! But he was lovely - Dead Fred the Fish with a few veggies and a few new potatoes. Then I "shared" rhubarb crumble with DH (he doesn't like rhubard ) he ate half the clotted cream ice-cream that came with it Then I was the picture of angelic for the rest of the day, I resisted banana and chocolate pasties, chocolate, hand-made fudge, cheese etc and other yummy things I could've eaten. I had a chicken breast subway for tea and then ate some apples on the coach home : I'm feeling smug today since the scales are still low

My knee is getting better but the walk yesterday kinda set it back, but not too much. I'm taking the week off kickboxing and shall only do UBWO in the gym However I still have to teach tonight Ah well, I can stand around and shout.
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 07:07 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning!
I spent yesterday working and watching Nascar ... I guess I shoulda been planning! Um ... I'm kinda on a roll here lately so I think I'll just plan to stick with it.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 09:21 AM   #3  
Whittlin

S/C/G: 170/144/140

Height: 5'6"

Hi there Fru and Susan - Fru I'm glad your knee is getting better. Wow, you take the greatest day trips!!! Susan, If it works don't fix it!

Dana, are you feeling better? Don't push yourself, get rest.

Carobelle, I am so sorry that happened to you. I also have a friend whose English is a second language and whose tact is cultually different from mine. She, too, says some rather amazing things sometimes, although patting your belly - ???? no, now that's really amazing! I still have a tummy even though I exercise and am whittlin' my abs as I go, learning all I can about the right exercises for me. Mine is due to multi-pregnancies, there's no doubt. I wonder if your friend is just very naive, perhaps, without enough life experience to know that a woman's midsection is affected by so many things during her life, including hormones for instance. You did the right thing to explain that you do exercise - you wouldn't have wanted to have that remark just hanging in the air. Otherwise, I think your attitude about it is as good as could be expected - no one could have handled that moment very well!

I hope everyone's week is terrific - a lot of us will have weather that will cooperate a little more! I am getting ready for about 50 minutes of standing work. I've already had a quart of water this morning.
Whittlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 10:15 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 115.7/115.7/107

Height: 5'1"

Good morning! I'm new here, finally got frustrated enough with myself that I decided that doing things on my own wasn't working. Yesterday was a bad day food-wise - which is one of the things that led me here last night - but I redeemed myself partially with a very good workout last night.

My main goal for the week is to stay clen and consistent in my eating...I tend to do well for a few days and then I get cocky and slip up.

Up for today: step & sculpt class at noon and maybe some additional cardio work after that. In theory I have the day off, but I've spent most of the morning catching up on reading.
Stronger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 10:24 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Welcome Stronger, we're glad you're here.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 10:27 AM   #6  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Hi Stronger. We ALL slip up all the time, just make sure the goods outweigh the bads
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 11:36 AM   #7  

S/C/G: Starting over

Height: 5'7"

Hobble hobble hobble.

Good morning. I am just dragging around today. I have been putting running and legs on the same day because the hills we have are pretty steep and since I am still so out of shape I need the day in between to recover. Today arms and chest. I wonder if I can do them in bed LOL.

I am looking forward to the time when I can run every day. Maybe in a month I think if I keep things up.

Scales are up but I imagine its water due to all the lifting hoping it will resolve itself in a couple of weeks.

Welcome stronger!
hikerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 01:14 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Good morning everyone! I'm finishing up on some neglected chores this morning (love having an extra day off!!!). While the laundry finishes, I've paid all my bills, organized my desk, and prepared my menu for the week. Next comes the inevitable ironing! This afternoon, I plan a stroll down our local high-end shopping district to see if there isn't anything that I can't live without!!!!

Have a great day everyone!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 03:00 PM   #9  
Doughnut

S/C/G: 161.4/158.6/130

Height: 5'5.5"

Hi everyone! Wow, Susan your numbers are starting to look really good you must be dead chuffed.

Stronger

Well I Had a nice surprise when I got on the scale this morning - down 3.6lbs I suppose it went on fast when I was in Italy and has come off fast again.

I was absolutely rubbish last week with drinking water and exercise so i'm concentrating on those this week. Right, well I'm off to change my ticker
Doughnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 05:27 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 148/144/130

Height: 5'5

Thanks for all the warm wishes guys, throat is still killing me, I think I'm going to have to see a doctor if it continues. Wow, I've had a bad couple days, chips, ice cream and pie with no exercise. I need a kick in the @#$. I get in a rut and then I get depressed. tomorrow is a new day and I'm getting back on the wagon.

Congrats on the BIG loss Doughnut! That's great!

Stronger, welcome!

Allison, did you find anything on your shopping trip?

Hikerchick, your inspiring and your making me feel guilty. lol

Whittlin- how do you drink so much water, I always have the intention but never able to do it.

Ok, so my goal for this week is to get back to counting the calories and go to the gym at least three times, depending on how if I'm feeling better. 6 glasses of water a day.

Dana
Sodiumlightbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 05:32 PM   #11  
Doughnut

S/C/G: 161.4/158.6/130

Height: 5'5.5"

Dana take care of you. I know when you're sick that you're oomph goes and it's so hard to stay on track. Do what you need to to get well first, even if that means resting up and then back on track the second you're up to it.
Doughnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 05:43 PM   #12  

hey guys...i was hoping i can join this thread because i have about 15 pounds to lose to get to my goal of 105 at 5'. i know some people tell me that my weight now is not bad and im being too self-conscious about my weight but thats just what it is - MY weight. the biggest problem is that i have it all around my belly and thats the the unhealthiest place to have excess fat and it makes me look bigger than i am. oh well, you cant change people's opinions right?

~think bathing suit season~
Bean87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 05:46 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Dana~I hope you feel better soon.

I didn't find what I set out to buy (clothes) but I did buy some pretty note cards for DD. She is a musician, and I stopped in this store to look at stationery, and found some note cards with music on them. Very nice (and quite expensive) but I splurged. DD really likes them. Here is a picture of what they are:notecard.jpg
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 05:52 PM   #14  

oooh totally forgot to ask the question ive been trying to get answered for a while...how much fiber do you need to get in a day? and does anybody know of any good and tasty fiber chews? thx
Bean87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 06:39 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 115.7/115.7/107

Height: 5'1"

Thanks everyone for the welcome!

Everyone is doing so well! Hopefully it will rub off on me!

Bean - I'm in a similar spot - I'm about an inch taller than you, fairly small-boned, and my goal weight is 107 (and most of my weight is in the belly, too. sigh). You're right that it is your weight and your body, and you know it better than those making comments.

Dana - feel better! It's hard to stay on track when you feel yucky. Priority one should be taking care of your body so it can heal

Frustrated - what happened to your knee?

hikerchick - I am jealous! I was (I am still, in my mind) a runner. Past 2 years I haven't been able to run. First it was a bunch of different foot issues, and now a weird pain at the top of my hip flexor that hurts only when running and has been resistant to PT so far.

Had some small victories today - I was stuck on a telecon that went long, so I couldn't make it to the step class on time, but I still went into the gym and got a nice long cardio workout in. Tonight I will do some strength work at home. Then, when I was grocery shopping, I started to get really hungry while at the store (it was packed, so I was there much longer than I thought I would be, or I would've brought a snack). I was standing in the checkout line at TJ's for ages right next to the cereal aisle, and I almost grabbed a box, but convinced myself not to (cereal is a major weakness for me - I can finish a box in a day. Oddly, though, I have no problem with portion control for something like chocolate). I also talked myself out of several other goodies. I did have a largeish snack (early dinner really) when I got home, but I'm still well within my calorie goal for the day, with room left for another snack. Yay me!

Gosh I am chatty today. I didn't mean to write a novel. It helps to share, though!

Last edited by Stronger; 02-19-2007 at 06:40 PM. Reason: Typo
Stronger is offline   Reply With Quote