Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-19-2007, 01:02 AM   #1  

Height: 5'4"

Default Dear Lord.....

Just looked at my chart on fitday. I am in the severly overweight category. Never stopped to think about it that way. I didn't think I looked THAT bad. And my ideal weight is way low. I'll never make it to 120 or less. Man, I wish I wasn't only 5'4"!
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 01:13 AM   #2  
TRIATHLETE!!!!!

S/C/G: 274/255/130

Height: 5' 5"

I'm about the same height you are ... but I'm not "severely overweight." (I hope to be, and by the end of the year!)

The best way I've found to keep from being overwhelmed by numbers is to break things down into chunks. I don't know if 25 pounds is your short-term or long-term goal, but either way, you might want to consider setting a series of smaller goals that feed into your larger goals.

Five pounds at a time is a lot less overwhelming than 25. (I'm going with 10 pound increments, but either way.) I find it easier to tell myself that I'm going to finish losing the next X number before I worry about anything beyond that. And when I hit a mini-goal, I celebrate. (My first celebration was a $15 chair massage.)

And I think you've taken a huge step toward your own success by joining 3FC. This place is AWESOME for inspiration and motivation.

Good luck to you!
cinderly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 01:14 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 234/154.4/120

Height: 5'6

It's always best to know exactly where you stand. It might be a bit overwhelming right now... but you can do this, girl!
FreeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 07:01 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Temporary ... it's a temporary thing, really it is. Stick with us. Come to 3FC often ... read, post ... we'll help you.

BTW ... I'm almost 5'4" and right now I wear a size 4 mostly. Body composition makes a huge difference. It's alright to aim for 120 lbs but watch as you go. You may end up a drop dead gorgeous, leanly muscled 130 lbs or a voluptuous, curvy 135. The number on the scale is only one indicater of a fabulous bod!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 08:17 AM   #5  
Bekka

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

That chart is scary, I know. But its so beautiful watching it edge its way further and further to the left. Its a day by day thing, don't think about the big picture if its scary, just that day, what you'll eat that day, when you'll exercise that week. As you see results it'll get less and less scary to look bigger. You can do it!
improbable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 08:24 AM   #6  

Thanks girls. I was never planning on getting down that far. I think I weighed 130 in like 5th grade. Ok, maybe like 7th but I know I wasn't ever lower than like 160-180 in high school. And to think, I hated my body then too. What I would give to be 160 now!
Old 02-19-2007, 08:36 AM   #7  
Bekka

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Its totally up to you, but when you ask for advice, it can help a lot to have your height and starting/current/goal weights in your signature somewhere, as it keeps people from giving advice that's inappropriate for you. No pressure, if you don't feel comfortable with it, don't, but it does help people help you
improbable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 10:36 AM   #8  
mostly harmless

I prefer to look at my weightloss in large chunks. When I started out, I had 50 lbs to lose, which is exactly the weight of the big bags of feed we get for our animals that I can hardly lift. It cheered me no end to think that I was going to get rid of a 50 lb weight off my frame. When you think about it, it was like I was carrying one of those bags on my body! Ack! I'm glad it's almost gone.
MariaOfColumbia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 10:38 AM   #9  

I'll get my stats up there soon. Just not ready yet.