General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 09:23 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Default Feet and Shoes

About 30 lbs ago, I thought I had old, worn out, nurses feet. I had sore legs, a few veins, aching feet ... I bought wider running shoes, Birkenstocks and Bass clogs. Then I needed new shoes and I fit in a normal width and a half size smaller. We had a few occasions and I found that I could walk around in heels ... I felt comfortable in a few pairs of cute shoes.

Between that and 'What Not To Wear', I'm rethinking my feet.

I've noticed that 'cute shoes' very seldom comes up as a goal for weight loss. Really?
Old 02-17-2007, 09:41 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Height: 5'2.5"

I know the feeling since the beginning of my weight loss I have gone from a size 10 shoe to a size 8 even heading more to a 7 1/2. I think that is what suprised me the most and I noticed first.
Old 02-17-2007, 10:11 AM   #3  
loving my beautiful self

Height: 5'5"

When I was at my highest, 262 (5'5), one of the things that I was truly concerned about was that I could not find comfortable shoes to fit me! Size ten was too narrow (even some widths) but size 11 was too long. I remember when I used to wear size 9 shoes, maybe even 8.5! I've taken off approximately 40 pounds since and am probably going to go shoe shopping in the near future - I am keeping my fingers crossed that I will have a much easier time shopping for shoes now than I did last time.
Old 02-17-2007, 10:14 AM   #4  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I went from a size 9 shoe to a size 8. I haven't braved trying any high heels. I have worn fairly flat shoes for many years. I did find a really cute pair of leather boots that have about 2 1/2 inch heel that I want to buy. I have always been a little self-conscious of my heighth so it would take some getting used to. But, I think I definitely want to try those boots. They are on sale right now for $49.00 down from the original price of $129.00. This is inspiring me to just go ahead and get them. Before, I wouldn't have even tried them because my feet and calves were too big.
Old 02-17-2007, 10:52 AM   #5  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Lilybelle, go for the boots! I would love to have your height + those 2.5" heels.

My shoe size ranges anywhere from 8.5W to 10M depending on the brand. But as my weight has gone up and down, most of the shoes I own right now are 9.5M. The most noticeable time I noticed the difference in my shoes was right after pregnancy and losing some 35 lbs of pregnancy weight--I couldn't even wear a couple of pairs because they were so wide. I know it shouldn't seem so strange, but it does strike me as weird (at least in my mind) that your feet do get smaller as your weight changes, esp. if it's a significant amount. Good point to ponder Susan.
Old 02-17-2007, 12:48 PM   #6  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

Before I had kids, or gained weight, I wore a size 7M. I now wear a size 8.5W and hope it goes down, even to a regular width, because it's much easier to find cuter styles.
Old 02-17-2007, 01:06 PM   #7  
Pending Email Confirmation

So true... I don't know though. I will always have Hobbit feet so I don't know what kinda shoes I could cram them into. I have never worn heels, don't know if I could coordinate that. But my dream that may actually be able to happen if I lose weight - is a pair of tall boots! Even when I was skinny I had sorta muscular man calves - but if I could find some sexy tall boots to fit me I would so love that.
For now, it's Doc Martens for every day life and easy spirit for working out. *LOL*

And would somebody please tell my husband that most women have more than 4 pairs of shoes! We have had this argument several times.
Old 02-17-2007, 01:39 PM   #8  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Quote:
I've noticed that 'cute shoes' very seldom comes up as a goal for weight loss. Really?
My thoughts too, really??? Fat or not, I always buy cute shoes. Of course being winter time there's not much you can wear except boots which I love!

Lizzi...4 pair of shoes...don't tell my hubby that, I'd be getting rid of lots, lol! A girl can never have enough shoes, or clothes, lol!

I gained weight with each pregnancy and my shoe size went up and has stayed the same since. I don't really care though, I can still find all kinds of cute shoes. My fav are sandals, and thongs (flip flops).
Old 02-17-2007, 01:44 PM   #9  
lilybelle

I only have about 25 pr. of shoes. My DH thinks this is way too many. However his mom has at least 100 pr. and tells him that he is rediculous. A woman needs different shoes for different clothes. My DH wears only tennis shoes, dress shoes or boots and has only maybe 10 prs .
Old 02-17-2007, 02:00 PM   #10  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Exactly Lily! I have dress shoes for different dresses that I don't wear, lol. I don't know how many I have. I try to keep it down to about 30, lol-key word, try. I go thru my closet every few months and donate to the Goodwill and toss others. My DH has only 6 pair (2 pr. work boots, 2 tennies, & 2 dress shoes) and he thinks that is too many, lol.
Old 02-17-2007, 02:26 PM   #11  
Pending Email Confirmation

Thank you! I'm not insane. Really, I have 2 pairs of flip flops, my docs, my sneakers, and a pair of boots for camping/the beach. so i guess that's five pairs. and he gets puffed up at the thought of me having any more. what a nut! i do not even own a pair of dress shoes - although i don't have a dress either so i just try to pass of my docs for dressy by taking out the funky shoe laces - so sad.

my foot size hasn't gone up any, i have tiny feet, but very wide and flat feet. we lived overseas and i didn't wear shoes until I went to kindergarten - flat wide feet. so sexy.
Old 02-17-2007, 03:02 PM   #12  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Even when I was smaller, I couldn't walk very well in heels. I've always been a comfort over cute girl when it comes to shoes. However, of the nine (?!) pair of shoes that I now own, all but three pair are really too big. DD and I are going shopping this afternoon, and I want to look and try on shoes. Maybe some cute ones.

The ones that are too big are either 9 or 9 1/2W. I agree, it would be soooo much easier to find shoes if I didn't need a wide.
Old 02-17-2007, 03:04 PM   #13  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

I have a shoe caddy (or whatever you call that shelf thingie with the sections to put shoes in), it can hold 25 pairs alone. It is crammed full of my shoes with shoes boxes piled on top, plus a separate shelf that can hold 12 pairs (mine and hubby's)--that's just outside my bedroom door. Go upstairs and peek behind the front door--6 pairs or sneakers (mine). Go outside and see the garage--a 4 tiered 6' closet--shoes in two boxes on two shelves. I definitely have a shoe fetish. I swear if I counted I'd have upward of 90 pairs of footwear--and contrary to popular belief although I am half Filipino, my last name is not MARCOS

Hmm, now that I think about it, it may not so much be about a shoe fetish but that I'm a pack rat?
Old 02-17-2007, 03:12 PM   #14  
lilybelle

I got pretty lucky lately on shoes. My MIL loves to buy shoes and she has lost 40 lbs. in the last 6 months on Atkins. She gave me several pairs of nice dress shoes that are too big for her now. (Plus, she buys way more expensive shoes than I ever buy for myself). I don't like her taste in clothes, but I sure do like her shoes. LOL.

A man doesn't need many shoes. You'd never hear them say "Do these shoes match my outfit". LOL.
Old 02-17-2007, 05:03 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Oh I hope Tammy comes back to tell us what she bought.
Let me see ... work shoes, runners, birkenstocks, bass clogs, and 3 pairs I have listed on Ebay ... cuz I want new ones

Pathetic I tells ya! Maybe we should resurrect the pathetic wardrobe thread.
Closed Thread