South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 08:02 AM   #1  

Default Thursday Beach Chat

Morning gals!!!!! Popping in to start us up fer the day... I'll be back in a bit
Old 02-15-2007, 08:19 AM   #2  

I'm sitting here having my cawfee looking at all the birds feeding... I have bluejays, cardinals, morning doves, a woodpecker, some grosbeak , a pretty light blue bird and juncos all pecking at the Sunflower seeds I spread out. Just Beautiful!
Dh brought me home a loverly bunch of pink and white roses with I think lavender sprays mixed in yesterday.

Not much going on here... except reading reading reading!
Whats happenin on yer towels today?
Old 02-15-2007, 08:39 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 179/168/145

Height: 5'1"

Morning Schatzi! Your birding sounds wonderful...we live on a golf course with a pond right outside our living room window. I look out at ducks, Canadian geese, a blue heron and even an eagle or two when they come to feed on baby ducks! Of course all this is when it's 'light' outdoors...right now it's still dark.

Have a great day today reading...I need to hit the books too. I am still stuck on the Jewish/Christian course I am taking and now I am trying to learn French for when we exchange homes with the French couple...woe is me!
Old 02-15-2007, 08:46 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Schatzi ~ I enjoy watching all the birds that visit our feeders, too. We have a family of nasty bluejays, though, that think the food is there just for them, and, of course, those pesky squirrels. They're really cute, though.

I'm waiting for Richard to drop off the girls here at my house this morning. They both have another snow day, and Cindy has 16 horses to take care of, so I'll keep them here for the morning, and take them back home after lunch. They always love to come to my house anyway, and play with the toys we keep here for the grandkids. I'm making the "Buffalo Chicken" Buttermilk Chicken Tenders for supper, but I'm changing the recipe a little. I'm marinating the chicken in ICBINB and hot sauce and baking them in the oven.
Girls are here, gotta run!
Old 02-15-2007, 08:50 AM   #5  

Good morning Schatzi, Mama, and Cottage!!

Just a quick pop in to say hello. I WILL be checking in this evening to let you know how ON PLAN I have been today.

Stay warm!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-15-2007, 08:51 AM   #6  

Good Morning Ladies

'Listening' about the birds makes me think of the deer that pranced though our yard yesterday. There must have been at least 20. I guess they were just trying to keep warm in the ice storm we had.

That buffalo chicken sounds amazing. Cottage, have you made it before? We would LOVE something like that.

Hope everyone is doing wonderful. Have a great day at the beach!!!!
Old 02-15-2007, 09:13 AM   #7  
doinTHEbestIcan

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Ladies!!!!

I had a wonderful Valentine's Day and I hope you all had the same!! I hope you all got lots of hugs and kisses!!

I ate some pasta and sugar yesterday and last night and I am back on plan today. I got on the scale this morning and had only gained a pound!!!!

Yesterday was officially my first day on Phase 2 so this morning I will be having a turkey sandwich on 100% whole honey wheat bread !!! It's new from Sara Lee and it is on plan!!! I was a little afraid to add any starches and I'm only going to add this one, once a day for the next week and see what happens.

I hope all you ladies have a wonderful Thursday!!!!
Old 02-15-2007, 11:45 AM   #8  

Height: 5'4"

Morning Girls:

Schatzi:
So very nice to get fresh flowers...so beautiful.

About the birds...I must share with you about what happened over at my friend's house yesterday...She has a crazy Robin who has been coming to her kitchen window and knocking on it...pops up at the window and then falls down...up and down...until you go out and chase it away...It is not hurt as it flies. She does have a glass green bird hanging in her window, but a Robin liking a green bird? Crazy if you ask me...cute to watch though.

Cottage: Busy as ever...what is ICBINB?

Kmy68, Kiko, Jusj: Hi Girls...

Too all of you..have a day filled with love and appreciation for another day of life...

Mama: My love for you is deeper than the ocean
Old 02-15-2007, 12:04 PM   #9  

Hi all -

Just taking a minute to pop in and say hello. The snow has stopped here, but it's cold!

lubajo ICBINB is short for I Can't Believe It's Not Butter.

I did cheat a little last night and had a part of a cookie they gave out yesterday @ work. But I'm fine with my food choice and have moved past it

I'm planning another big cooking Sunday this weekend. I think I'm going to make some meregines (sp?), too...maybe chocolate or lemon.

I must get back to work :P

Have a great day!
Old 02-15-2007, 12:33 PM   #10  
on my way to fabulous

S/C/G: 239/218.2/150

Height: 5'7"

Morning, all. It's another cold day in Kansas, but is supposed to be the last for at least a week. I'm looking forward to leaving my parka at home for a change.

I had a really good meeting with my babysitter candidate yesterday. Next week, I'm going to have her over to meet the girls. If they like her, I think I may also hire her to clean the house.

Oohhh...merenguies sound so good! I bought cream of tarter a couple weeks ago with the intention of making some, but haven't gotten around to it. Maybe I'll do that tonight!
Old 02-15-2007, 02:05 PM   #11  

Hey girls!

This day is just dragging on..............

Jet Are you hiring someone for daycare purposes?

Anna Your cheat in comparison to the stuff I crammed into my body yesterday isn't anything!!

I am tired and ready for this day to be over- I don't know what is making it so long, but I am ready to go home!!

I am on plan though and feeling good about that!!
Old 02-15-2007, 03:03 PM   #12  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Schatzi, all those birds! What a wonderful morning view! And what a love your DH is. I'm so happy for you two lovebirds! It was so terribly snowy here that no one dared to go far...I was so sad for all the florists who had deliveries to make. No idea what they did.

Have a great day, Beachies! Stay warm!
Old 02-15-2007, 03:32 PM   #13  

Kmy The buttermilk chicken tenders are the BOMB!! They are also pretty easy to make. Here is the link to the recipe: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58458
Old 02-15-2007, 05:38 PM   #14  

Kiko Those chicken tenders sound yummy! They are now on my menu for next week! And here's a double hug for ya', honey! Hang in there!
Old 02-15-2007, 08:50 PM   #15  
on my way to fabulous

S/C/G: 239/218.2/150

Height: 5'7"

Kiko - I'm just looking for someone for weekends and occasional stuff. Ya know, so I can go out and get my hair cut or go out on a date or something. Ideally, I'd love to have a nanny for the girls, but that's just not in the budget. They're in a decent daycare, but it has never been my first choice for them.

Kids were exhausted tonight. We pretty much skipped dinner and they were both in bed just after 7:00. I think we may be getting hit with another round of the yucks. I'm not feeling too wonderful myself.
Closed Thread