Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-13-2007, 01:32 PM   #1  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Default Body parts, a different view

So I am in physical therapy right now and one of the exercises I have to do is the old "lie on the back and stretch hamstring with the leg up in the air"

Since I have to do this stretch 4 times a day, I have gotten to see A LOT of my legs upside-down lately.

My legs look pretty damn good upside-down. All the flab that gravity usually pulls and puckers around the knees falls to the thighs (where I cant see it because of my boobs ) I was thinking "Wow, maybe this is what my legs will look like when I lose 20 more lbs" Still solid, but solid without flab aint bad!

SO I did it with other body parts... looked at my arms where I couldnt see the arm flab (still need a touch more bicep to be sexy)

and WOW if I haul my boobs out of view I look 30 lbs lighter (that might require surgery, but good to know it might be worth it!) I have a whole WAIST that is obliterated by my boobs.

Anyway...just opening up my weirdness to the world.

By the way - where is your waist? If I go by the "narrowest part" mine is 4 inches above my belly button, actually on my ribcage. My hips (widest part) are even with my belly button.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 01:38 PM   #2  
Resident Witchling

S/C/G: 198/190/140

Height: 5'7"

I have yet to figure out where my waist is. Like you, the thinnest part is well above my belly button, which sits only about an inch or two above my hip line. So weird. But then, I have no torso, and I know that. I'm 5'7", but when I compare hip-height with my 5'11" father, we're the same, and when I sit down next to my 5'3" mother, she's taller than me.

But hooray for a new perspective on your body parts!
Nikaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 03:32 PM   #3  

S/C/G: Slow but steady

Height: 5' 11"

So glad i am not the only one who cant find her waist., ha ha. Mine is smallest just under my breast...how is that for high waisted?

I love your idea of looking at your body from a different perspective. I do that constantly. I think of how i would look if i had a tummy tuck...i would still be big but i wouldnt have this gut. I would be so much better proportioned. So just know, i can relate to your boob issue, but mine is belly.
Get n healthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 04:14 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Thankfully I have a waist, flabby, but it's there. Not so for dear old dad. He's one of those high-rise pants guys. Lord knows why old guys like to wear their pants up to their arm pits, but my dad sure does! LOL
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 04:32 PM   #5  
Resident Witchling

S/C/G: 198/190/140

My granddad does, too. He has this weirdly round pot-belly, and keeps his pants hitched right up to the top of it. *amused*
Nikaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 07:45 PM   #6  
Bekka

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Waist is the smallest part of your stomach, and its actually USUALLY at least a few inches above your belly button, unless you're some creepy anorexic model. It still has to be below your rib cage, though - if your rib cage is smaller, erm, I guess just measure right below it?
improbable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 08:18 PM   #7  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by improbable View Post
Waist is the smallest part of your stomach, and its actually USUALLY at least a few inches above your belly button, unless you're some creepy anorexic model. It still has to be below your rib cage, though - if your rib cage is smaller, erm, I guess just measure right below it?
My rib cage and my hip bones are only 1 finger width apart unless I am stretching for the sky...no belts for me!
Old 02-14-2007, 08:46 AM   #8  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

You wierdos! My legs look pretty darn good upside down too!

However, my waist is in line with my belly button and tummy crease I can get my whole hand between my ribs and my hip bones (ouch! Must've done some oblique work yesterday )

I must say I quite like walking round "boobs up" - carry them like small precious puppies, and when I squint in the mirror I can *almost* see a fitness model with implants in the mirror. I have to squint a lot and ignore the thigh pudges, but she's definitely in there somewhere!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 08:53 AM   #9  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

LOL, this thread had me standing up and feeling for my waist. I can also fit my whole hand width between my ribcage and hip bone. As for the boobs, mine are flat when I lay down. When I'm lying down my tummy looks actually a little sunken, but that is definitely not the case when I'm standing. I just stuck my legs up in the air and they do look good that way. LOL, maybe that is why DH likes them that way.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 08:54 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Ok ok ... I do it too. The upside down leg ... the body builder poses in front of a mirror. Really really tensed ... it all looks better. Oh course I have to hike the 'puppies' up into my work-out tank and look quick before they fall back down.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 01:42 PM   #11  
Token Rooster? ;)

S/C/G: 185/138/~135 to maintain

Height: 5' 6"

Until recently, my torso has been pretty much a shapeless lump -- only recently did i start seeing an actual differentiation of waistline & hips and the surfacing of ab muscles -- so I'm really happy.

Comparatively, my legs are still pretty chunky but since I do a LOT of lower body workout I definitely don't mind having substantial, shapely but firm thighs.
AquaWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 01:56 PM   #12  
ONEderland, I 0wn you!

S/C/G: 289/195/169

Height: 5'10"

WOOHOOO I'm not the only crazy person in the room. Matt often comes in the room to find me bent into odd shapes, legs in the air, yelling, "Hey look how good they look if I stay in this position!!" He thinks I'm insane but understands, thankfully. My waist is DEFINITELY getting smaller, so I'm starting to look REALLY odd. I always lose from the hips, thighs and butt first, but other than some thundering in the thighs I dont have alot of hips and butt to lose from. That lower belly is always the LAST THING TO GO. So, as I'm losing elsewhere, my lower belly just looks more and more HUGE. But, I know thats not the case, simply taking measurements shows me it's not true but with a glance in the mirror, I have to ignore it, and admire what's being seen in the rest of my body.
Angihas2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 02:00 PM   #13  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angihas2 View Post
WOOHOOO I'm not the only crazy person in the room. Matt often comes in the room to find me bent into odd shapes, legs in the air, yelling, "Hey look how good they look if I stay in this position!!" He thinks I'm insane but understands, thankfully. My waist is DEFINITELY getting smaller, so I'm starting to look REALLY odd. I always lose from the hips, thighs and butt first, but other than some thundering in the thighs I dont have alot of hips and butt to lose from. That lower belly is always the LAST THING TO GO. So, as I'm losing elsewhere, my lower belly just looks more and more HUGE. But, I know thats not the case, simply taking measurements shows me it's not true but with a glance in the mirror, I have to ignore it, and admire what's being seen in the rest of my body.
I lose from the outside in. Face, hands, feet first, then lower legs and forearms, etc.

I swear there is a bump on my inner thigh that is the "fat roll". As I lose weight it moves up my leg
Old 02-14-2007, 04:18 PM   #14  

I must be doing something wrong...Or have an abnormally long torso, or abnormally small hangs...but I have two hands between the bottom of my ribcage and my hipbones. My fingers aren't spread apart, though.

I have a small ribcage and a long torso?

And short, 31" inseam legs. *sigh*

I don't particularly care for my legs when they're up in the air...but I do like to cross on knee over the other while looking into the mirror and see my thigh muscle
sweet_talker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 05:25 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 174(highest) 150/150/138

My legs are looking really good these days, but they weren't a big problem even when I was chubby. The big difference is in the midsection. I used to have the whole spare tire, now I just have a little belly pooch. I can still pinch an inch, so I have some more left to lose, but it's not much.
redlight is offline   Reply With Quote