Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2002, 03:13 AM   #1  
Dancing those pounds away

Arrow 300+ and Ready To Try Again....#128

WELCOME

We are a group of people who are working together to lose our excess weight.
We are on different plans and are of different sizes.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts
Old 02-03-2002, 03:27 AM   #2  

Arrow This is QUEEN B's post !!!!!

I found QueenB's post on the second page of the last thread and didn't want anyone to miss it.
I realize that some of you probably found it on the third page. LOL
I forget not everyone has reprogramed their forum to 30 posts per page.
It doesn't matter where you found it... LOL.... I just want to be sure that Tina finds it again.
Here is QueenB's post...

12:57 AM 02-03-2002

Hello everyone. Not sure if I should say good morning or good evening. Where I am at is 1:50 in the morning. I just re-read over the post I put in last night and geez what I whiner I must have sounded like. I can't promise that I won't ever get that down on myself again, but that is not usually like me. I really try to be an upbeat person, but it seems like I've just had a little more than my share lately & I needed to go somewhere & pout for awhile. I am much better today though.

My husband, kids and I went out to eat dinner with a friend that I dearly love and haven't seen for awhile and that just made my day. And then, if I hadn't had enough giddiness, my husband decided to rewallpaper the bathroom. I'll have to tell you how I feel about that once it's done. I havent seen the finished product yet. I would like to say that it feels so good to be posting again and talking about things. It was also very nice to see TT and 2cute...these guys have been here for awhile and seem to be a never ending source of inspiration. Thank you so much for being something very constant. I know I'm not the only one who appreciates you. I will try to get the water thing going this week along with the fresh fruits and vegetables. Lord knows I need more of that in my life. You can only live on gravy and biscuits for so long, you know. Well, I guess I will go for now. Thank everyone for responding back to me. I really appreciate it and once I get better at this & get to know everyone a little better, I will try to respond to you individually. Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Tina
Old 02-03-2002, 10:15 AM   #3  

Tina Stay out of the bathroom!!! I know couples who have tried to wall paper together and they almost got divorced.

The sun is shinning already here so, with luck it will warm up enough that I can get a walk in.

I found all of my "exercise" tapes while cleaning. I won't tell you how many I have - it's embarrassing , lets just say I could open my own exercise libraray!!!

Hope you have a great Sunday....
Old 02-03-2002, 11:55 AM   #4  

Unhappy Shhhh... I have to whisper....

I hope you all can hear me... I have to whisper this morning. Hubby thinks I am on this computer too much.
I am just sneaking in for my fix. He "might" be right. LOL

I am so glad that I found a SMILE here. Ladybug... you are so funny this morning. LOL
Tina.. I have to agree... STAY OUT OF THE BATHROOM. LOL
My husband and I survived wallpapering together... but it wasn't a pretty sight. LOL And I am not talking about the paper.

I don't have time to share... Hubby is home... LOL ...but when he leaves... I will be back.
OHHhhh... I hear him coming !!! ... I have to R U N N N n n n n n n
Old 02-03-2002, 12:55 PM   #5  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

I spent the last hour reading all the posts since my last one. Wow, this has been a productive group

I had to cut out a lot of things the last couple of weeks and concentrate on huge new projects at work and recovering from this knee thing. My knee is healing up nicely, though, and I almost have work back under control. They even gave me back some of my cut back hours because of the added work load. This is such a good thing.

On the really good side, I made my weight loss goal last month. I lost 5 pounds! Wahoo! I think most of it had to do with getting back to journalling. My memory isn't quite as honest about food intake as my journal. Now don't everyone get all excited about that loss, I'm still a ways off where I was before. But it really does feel good to be headed the right direction again.

There is no way to catch up on all those missed posts, but I'm going to have to read a bit further back and find out how 2cute was burned. Sounds painful! Thanks to Thin for reposting the recipes and adding the raspberry suggestion. Raspberries are my favorite. Thanks to so many others for your honest postings. If we can't get real here, we can't do it anywhere. This is such a good, safe place to start. *HUGS*

Time for me to run. I'm a little more mobile right now, and this house is driving me insane with all the clutter. Going to work on it for an hour or so and then put my leg up. Take care all! I'm so happy to be back.

Andria
Old 02-03-2002, 01:28 PM   #6  

Andria Good job on the 5 lbs...5lbs is 5lbs... HOW do you make yourself journal...I need help. I can barely get past breakfast before I give up on it. HELP HELP HELP

"In Cold Blood" is on tonight...I spent many hours doing a book report on that book in high school. I wonder if it will scare me? Maybe I won't watch it...I will have to see.

I have to go and find those recipes myself. I bought all the ingredients but forgot to copy the recipes....do you see why journaling is hard for me??????

2Cute I won't be responding to you because you were never here!!! (That's my story and I am sticking to it)
Old 02-03-2002, 03:53 PM   #7  
a work in progress...

Wow...there's been a whole lotta postin' going on since I was last here 2 whole days ago! Jeez, I gotta catch up!

QueenB, I was so moved by your post, it brought tears to my eyes. You've come to the right place, and don't be afraid to vent or complain or whine...that's what we're here for! This is the place to come to where we CAN vent to those who understand. I'm glad you are feeling better!

I think it was Syn who said something about individual replies to each person here...don't worry about addressing each one of us each time...I find it very hard to go back and forth to make sure I don't forget anyone, that's how I usually LOSE my post! I thought of printing out the whole thread so I could get everything straight, but my family thinks that I too, 2cute, spend TOO much time here as it is!!

Lucky, we could merge and open up an exercise tape Blockbuster! and I had the nerve to buy TWO MORE tapes the other day. I was buying socks at Sports Authority, realized that I had to charge because I had left my cash at home, so I didn't want to "waste" the charge on just socks! I got a "Yoga for Weight Loss" and one called "Fat Eliminator." Will critque them for you guys if I ever open them! I'm kidding, I WILL try them...I think I can, I think I can, I think I can

TT, I find it very hard to journal too. My daughter gave me a beautiful cloth covered journal for Christmas...I've been saving it, I don't know why...I think about writing everyday but don't want to "waste" the pretty journal on my dismal thoughts and food choices...Yeah, I know...exactly why I NEED to journal...maybe I'll just start out with a notebook and work my way up! I tried on-line journaling but it isn't the same for me.

You know, I'm making that my goal for this week...to start a journal...(and to try my new tapes!)

I'd better go...we're supposed to go to my sister's for a Super Bowl party I WANT TO STAY HOME!!! I need a weekend where I don't have to BE somewhere everyday! I need to do laundry! I want to read the Sunday paper! I want to relax! I could care less about football! HELLLLLLP!

Have a fun Sunday everyone...
Old 02-03-2002, 04:34 PM   #8  

I am sneaking in just to read .... and sneaking out just as fast.

I LOVE YOU GUYS ... You alsways put a smile on my face.
Old 02-03-2002, 05:05 PM   #9  
You and Me in 2003

Well ladies I am here. I went to church with my aunt this morning.
son is going to a superball party nd dh is planning his on party.

I tried morningstar farms pattie sausage this morning and its good dh tried it too which surprised me he liked it.

Had a salad for lunch with tuna on it.

well I better go for now be back later.
Old 02-03-2002, 05:40 PM   #10  
Progress..not perfection

Hello everyone!
I have been absolutely TERRIBLE tody, but you know what, that is ok. Because after I sat down and ate that big ol' steak and baked potato loaded with butter and sour cream and felt my arteries harden. I made a committment. To myself. Not because someone was making me or because I felt guilty, but because it is time . These are the facts. I am 32 years old. I am 5 foot 2 inches tall and I weigh.......(hold on and wait for the scream for I am about to go weigh myself) UGH! 328 pounds. But that is ok. Well, it is not ok, but I am not hiding from it. (as if I could) But today ladies, is the fattest day of the rest of my life. I'm going to start small, so I don't burn myself out, but I make this promise to you and to myself. I will drink at least 4-8 oz. glasses of water each day this week. I will eat at least 2 servings of vegetables and 1 serving of fruit a day. And I won't eat anything fried this week. Now, you say that may be a small start, but this will be a long journey, and since many of my days contain no fruit or vegetables and many fried items, I think it is a very good start. This is the way for me to start out slow and work my way into it. I will try to keep you updated throughout this week and let you know how things are going. And no, I do not expect to be perfect. I don't think any of us are, but I am going to try...and that is more than I can say for myself for a very long time. Thank you all for making me feel so welcome and so totally accepted. You guys are the best.
Old 02-03-2002, 05:45 PM   #11  
a work in progress...

TINA...YOU GO GIRL!!!
Old 02-03-2002, 06:58 PM   #12  
You and Me in 2003

Smile

Way to go Tina: I am here for you
Old 02-03-2002, 08:32 PM   #13  

Yeah Tina

Kat If you journal this week I will. Okay I might only make it until Tuesday but lets splurge and go for Wednesday!!!!!
Old 02-03-2002, 09:22 PM   #14  

Question Is anyone looking...?

Well... here is the BAD CHILD of the group. LOL
Sneaking around like a 4 year old so hubby won't be mad at me.
When I grow up.....

My food was good today. I am going to Missouri to see my parents tomorrow and I am anxious to get to weigh again. I am praying for 3 lbs but know it is unlikely. The last time I weighed it was hilarious...
I drove there praying that it would at the very least be the same. I did want a gain. "Please God.. don't let me have gained!!"
Walking to the scale I prayed "Please God.. if at all possible Please let me lose at least one pound. Something to help inspire me to keep going"
I got on the scale and I was THRILLED that I lost 2lbs !!!!!
Walking back to the car I was very happy I lost not one... but two pounds.
Driving back I thought..." Darn, I wish it had been three or four"
How quickly I forgot the thrill and "gratitude" for that loss.

I can't reply tonight. If I get up early enough tomorrow I will try to catch up... but that is unlikely. I am not an early riser... and I am headed to my parents. I will get back just as soon as possible. Heck .. maybe even tonight if I can't sleep and hubby can. Hmmmm... maybe I can slip something into his drink tonight. LOL Just to make him sleep better of course....he needs his rest. LOL

Tina... that is a GREAT start !!!! "Determination" grab hold of it and don't let go.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 02-03-2002 at 09:25 PM.
Old 02-03-2002, 09:50 PM   #15  
Beauty is within...

Hi all!!

You are all such a great bunch of people, I love coming here to talk, just wish we could meet!!

For those of you starting out again, like me, can I give you one tip that I learned - don't try to do it all in one day!! Remember that you are changing lifetime habits. When I first started this journey over a year ago, I think I tried to change too much too quickly, and would therefore feel like a failure if I couldn't live up to ALL of those expectations. Last year, when I started WW and learnt more about food than ever, I realised there's a lot more to it than "eating well" and "exercising", in that you have to know the in's and out's of everything you eat, journalling to keep track helps, you have to maintain a certain level of exercise, you need to do this and that..... lots!!! So trying to absorb and achieve all that on the first day was near impossible. So I tried to do one thing at a time. For example, when buying lunch, I tended to get a choc milk or coke. So I changed that to low-fat choc milk, or diet coke. That took some getting used to, I can tell you!! The other thing was to accept that ONE sandwich was enough, especially if combined with some low-fat soup, and fruit. Again, reprogramming my way of thinking, and it took MONTHS. And I think, like any addict, there are some cravings and behaviour patterns that will never go away. My desire to eat junk versus healthy will never leave, because that's just my way of thinking. BUT I have accepted that, and learnt to live without (almost!). Because being slim and healthy is more important.... Last year I kinda let it go by the wayside, because I just wanted to relax and enjoy myself for my wedding and holiday, but I knew that I would pay the price. I have - I've gained a few kilos. But I'm now ready to finish what I started. For me THIS IS THE YEAR!! But I'm also aware that getting back into it won't be easy, so I'm just taking it easy. Last week was about starting the exercise again, and slowing down my eating (I was actually fairly good while we were away, as far as quantities, it was the choices that weren't good!). This week it's about getting my portions and choices right back on track - can't find my WW books tho! And in about 2 weeks I'll start WW again, and begin the weigh-in's again. But after 8 weeks of no tracking or exercise I knew I couldn't just launch straight back into it, because I would've put myself off!!
And as for journalling... well, I have the same problem as a lot of you! Yuck! But I just keep it on me at all times, and I guess that will be next week's new challenge....

Well, enough of me crapping on.... guess I'm also reminding myself of how important it is to take it easy!!

*climbing down off the soap box* ... so how are you all!?

My weekend was a bit of a drag, as I had some kinda food poisoning, and ended up on the couch most of the time.... but I feel ok now, just a bit headachy. I didn't exercise, but I didn't eat much either - think I'll pay for that in the next couple of days!
If it doesn't rain, will go for a walk this afternoon. Must get back to the gym too, as my membership has started up again....

Best get back to it... talk to you all tomorrow!

Lynne
Closed Thread