Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-13-2007, 04:07 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 181/178/130

Default This is it

I've been telling myself for a long time that I need to stop drinking soda. I only drink diet, but they still aren't any good for me, and could be contributing to my weight anyway.

So today, I declare I've had my last diet soda.

I hope.
Katnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 04:26 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Good for you on taking a personal stand. Though some of us enjoy diet soda without any negative impact on our weight loss, if it causes problems for you or you feel you want to live your life without it, much applause for you.

And a sprinking of besides
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 04:41 PM   #3  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Good for you! Moderation is the key. I usually dilute a diet soda with plain seltzer water because I don't like it "straight." But I need to watch out with them regardless, because of the caffeine. Nothing like being jangly all evening!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 04:55 PM   #4  

I drink a lot of club soda with lemon or lime all during the day. I look for one that is low in sodium (like seltzer or Perrier or the like). No caffeine either!
ChadsMate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 04:59 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 181/178/130

Thanks for the support. I'm going to need it. I drink way too many sodas each day. I know it's not good for me and they seem to be a trigger food for me.
Katnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 05:46 PM   #6  

Katnip -- if this helps keep you off the diet soda -- my doctor made me quit completely because it caused my blood pressure to go from 100's/70's to 150's/100 !! I admit, I did drink a lot -- but had no clue it would do that!! When I do crave it, I'll buy just a small bottle then when it's gone, that's it.
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 05:53 PM   #7  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katnip View Post
Thanks for the support. I'm going to need it. I drink way too many sodas each day. I know it's not good for me and they seem to be a trigger food for me.
That's the biggie right there--the trigger part. For me I used to never drink soda and then when I was working one job I started with a diet soda and a bag of cheetos...well guess what every time I had soda I craved chips or salty snacks.

And then later I used to get diet soda and ice cream and that became a trigger.

Now I have about 3-4 a week, and usually caffeine free and I seem to be doing ok, but I really keep an eye on it.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 06:38 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I have just about given up diet soda. I used to drink only a couple a day. Now I drink lemon or lime soda water, zero calories and no sweetness that triggers an eating binge. Every once in a while, I'll have one (only because there isn't any alternative available) and I just can't stand the icky sweet that it leaves in my mouth. I'm so glad I don't drink it daily any longer!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 06:59 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

I fully support you stopping drinking diet pop! It can definitely be a problem for many many people, and I've avoided it because I trigger migrains and makes my throat swell up. You can do it!!

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 01:18 PM   #10  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

I quit drinking caffeine free Diet Coke because of the aspertame.

If I have one, I will limit it to 1 per day. That is really hard when I camp because I drink a lot of water and it gets boring. I drink a lot anyway, but at work or home, I'm doing other stuff and just sip it all day long. Camping I tend to sit and read for hours on end and that amount of sipping just gets boring.

I do drink Diet Rite now when I have one. It's sweeter which doesn't thrill me the most in the world. However, it's sweetened with Splenda. Sometimes I cut it with plain water. That helps and makes it last longer.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 01:18 PM   #11  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimGirl View Post
I fully support you stopping drinking diet pop! It can definitely be a problem for many many people, and I've avoided it because I trigger migrains and makes my throat swell up. You can do it!!

-Aimee
Sounds like you have an allergy to artificial sweetners. That could be dangerous for you.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote