Old 02-07-2007, 09:04 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 200.6/174.4/150

Height: 5'6

Default HELP I am addicted to the scale

Does anyone else have this problem or know anything about it. Could I really be addicted to weighing myself I just bought my scale a few months ago and since then, I have been on it constantly. It was very bad in the begining. At one point I was weighing myself before and after I showered in the morining and sometimes in the middle of the night if I woke up to pee!! I know it's crazy, but lately I have been better, maybe 3 times a day? I usually weigh myself in the AM before I eat, since that's when I weigh in at WW. I also hop on the evil scale after lunch and before bed. The past few days I have tried only doing it in the AM, but it is actually hard to resist. Is this isn't normal? I sound like an addict
tanya1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 10:02 AM   #2  

You are SO not alone!! There are quite of few of us in your position. I have actually thrown mine away -- because I tried setting a schedule to do it -- only in the morning, etc. but I can't do it. I do the same -- before and after showers, after I get dressed, after I eat a meal and it goes on and on!!

My suggestion to you is to maybe put them in an inconvient place, away from the bathroom -- in the basement, attic, etc. and set a standard time to weigh once a day.

Or, skip the scales all together (which I'm doing) and only weigh at WW -- I will only be weighing with my nutritionist.

Good luck.
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 10:05 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 154/146.5/135

Height: 5'9

I too am a compulsive scale hopper!!! But as long as I am doing it - I know I am still trying. When I stop getting on the scale is when I have given up. As long as you understand that the weight fluctuates and it's the overall downward trend that's important, then I think it's a good way to know where you're at.
saraht22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 06:52 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 235/190/150

Height: 5'5"

I have to weigh myself every day. It makes me want to stick to my diet.

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-os...150/190.2/.png
kiyatylese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 09:41 AM   #5  
Working to be an after!

S/C/G: 269/151.6/149

Height: 5'2''

I'm also a compulsive weigher. I usually weigh several times a day. It doesn't change the way I eat, but I think it's really interesting how much my weight changes throughout the day. My weight can change as much as 5 pounds throughout the day. I write down my weight every morning, and consider that my "official" weight. The ones during the day are just for fun.
crazynette826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 10:41 AM   #6  
doinTHEbestIcan

Height: 5'4"

OMG!!!!! I thought I was the only person that suffered from this WEIRD problem. It's nice to know I'm not the only one. I weigh myself every morning like clockwork!! There have been days where the scales showed a pound or two of weight gain, but I had not had a bowel movement since the day before. I made my movement, hopped back on the scale and had dropped 2 pounds!!!!!! This has happened more than once. The scale can be very addicting but when it shows gain it serves as more motovation for me.
mrsgeb2 is offline   Reply With Quote