General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 02:11 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Exclamation Mazda 3 Owners!!!

My car was recently broken into at work, we watched the video tape of the happenings... basically I pulled into the lot and armed the car (they caught that on video!), and while the camera scrolled the rest of the lot, 18 seconds, the guy managed to get into the car WITHOUT the alarm going off. I don't keep much in the car, so he got a 7 year old broken watch, a bunch of burned CD's, 2 sticks of gum and a quarter.. we lucked out.

I did a little research online about breakin's and was SHOCKED to find out that this is a VERY common problem and all a person needs to do is punch the door near the lock and it confuses the car into thinking that it was unlocked with a key. Mazda KNOWS about this problem, and if your car has been broken into I believe they will fix it for free (but no recalls). So if you own a Mazda? Take it to your dealership NOW and get them to replace the lock and put in a protective plate.

Oh - and they will NOT fix the dent even though they are technically at fault.

-Aimee
Old 02-14-2007, 02:47 AM   #2  
Pending Email Confirmation

That is horrifying. I'm glad they didn't get much, but it does make you leery about putting anything of value in it in the future...

people steal the weirdest things... somebody broke into my dads car and stole the ashtray!!
Closed Thread