South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 10:50 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 179/168/145

Height: 5'1"

Default Testing Tuesday West Coast Chicks...

Yes today is a test (endoscopes) for me and a test (blood sugar draw) for Morningstar.

We should all be grateful for the advances medicine has made over our life-time. If we follow the advice of the good doctors we will get regular checkups, have our yearly mammograms, get a baseline colonoscopy after a certain age (I think it should be at least 40) eat right, exercise and get plenty of quality sleep...we must also work on the spiritual part of our lives so we live a balanced life whilst we are on God's green earth. (Just a bit of motherly advice) *S*

After my test is over I will want to EAT so I must prepare something to take with us so I won't be tempted to go out to eat...I do much better eating my own food at home. Then I plan on coming home and cleaning out my bathroom drawers and cupboards...I have way too much old makeup, hair, bath products and a lot of tiny bottles of stuff brought home from motels/hotels whilst traveling...soooooooo it will all go to DD for her garage sale. I went through all my jewelry today and am getting rid of things I have not worn in years or never wore. I feel so good after weeding out stuff!

I hope you all have a good productive day.

I love you sis!
Old 02-13-2007, 10:56 AM   #2  

Aimee, I just read your post from yesterday...I am so very sorry about your car being broke into and robbed. My daughter and granddaughter both went through that terrible experience so I know how horrible you feel sweetheart. We can all say they were just 'material' things and you were not hurt but you were hurt...you feel invaded and now unsafe. My prayer is for the jerks that did that to you that they may find their way back to civility and that you can find peace within your heart dear one.

Do not let them win by using this to go off program...show them you are the winner! You will run the race and you will be the overcomer. I know you can, I know you can.

God Bless you Aimee.
Old 02-13-2007, 12:41 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Aimee ~ That is so sad that your car was broken into! I can understand and sympathize with you on how you're feeling right now. I just can't fathom why some low life vermin would take something that doesn't belong to them. I know you're feeling pretty low right now, but try to keep in mind that most people aren't like that, and that there's more good in the world than bad. Don't lose faith, Sweetie, hang in there.
Old 02-13-2007, 01:54 PM   #4  
Hardworking Chick

S/C/G: 334/321.4/125

Height: 5'5"

Unhappy Back on Phase I

Well, after two weeks of messing with Phase II, I've decided to put myself back on Phase I. Let's just say the carb control was a real struggle. Plus, I had a major showdown with a reduced fat peanut butter that had hidden sugar. Grrrrr And of course, this weekend, I had a major meltdown involving cheesecake, chocolate and potato chips. 'nuff said.

Anyway, as a result I RE-GAINED 5 pounds! Yesterday morning, I tipped the scales at 297! So, I put myself back on Phase I to get back to normal. Today was better at 295. Once I get to 291, I will try to ease my way back into Phase II. The good news is that I am doing much better with exercise. I've exercised the past two Sundays for about an hour each day, and have an exercise class tonight. Hopefully, with a little more perseverence, I'll get back on track.
Old 02-13-2007, 02:21 PM   #5  

Height: 5'4"

Lost my post so here goes again.

Aimee: So very sorry that some creep broke into your new car...Terrible to go off happy and come back and find out someone invaded your area, your property. Shame on them...you hang in there baby and please always know the good will always win over evil in the end.

Booklover: I agree, sometimes we need to stop and go back to Phase 1..You lost it once and will so again...I too am thinking of going back more to Phase 1...want that weight loss abit faster.

Jojo: By the time you read this your Endoscopy Test will be over and you will still be feeling the stress of it all...And that is usually when we over eat...Don't do it...You will relax, taking in deep breathes and move forward.

I hope you do remember to ask for a copy of the test for your records...very important for the future if you go to another doctor.

As for me: 2 families of daughters under the weather so I just made Chicken Enchiliadas for them and had enough filling to put on top of refried beans for my dinner tonight...
Just had a bowl of Jello and now off to clean the mess from all the cooking...then I think I will knit on a scarf today.

I need a stiff kick in the pants to get going again on my weight loss...Seems once people start complimenting you on your looks, you relax...and so much more to lose. I do want to get total fo 20 lbs off before I get another new hip...Still at 15lbs...so kick me girls...encourage me please!!!
Old 02-13-2007, 03:22 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Thank you all for the kind words! My bf went to view the security tapes today, and found out the guy broke into the car in 18 seconds, yup.. it happened that quick. He also knew WHERE the tapes were and managed to avoid being caught on the tape. My alarm did NOT go off, so the bf will be taking the car into the dealership to find out why. I just don't get the logic. But I know we are EXTREMELY lucky that we have no major damage, a lot of people have their cars distroyed when broken into.

booklover - Phase 2 is a tricky little thing! I don't know if this helps, but whats been working for me is to not have a phase 2 food every single day, every other day seems to work, and I try and have the food at the breakfast or lunch and NOT dinner. I wish you the best of luck!

lubajo - consider this your butt kicking! You can do it! I've been learning about "old fat" and how to get rid of it - this is what I'd found... that you need to do LONG exercise at least once a week. We are talking 2 hours, and hard exercise, but like walking for 2 hours would do it.

mamajok - I also love going thru everything and getting rid of things. Last year I went thru my clothes and managed to get rid of like 5 garbage bags!! It was amazing. My bedroom was a LOT more roomy! Soon I'll be able to get rid of my size 16's, and that'll be REALLY exciting for me

Well I am off to meet a friend for coffee, I will talk to you ladies later!

-Aimee
Old 02-13-2007, 05:07 PM   #7  

I'm going to make this rather short...first off though I am so HAPPY to see you all post.

The test is over...I have a rather large ulcer. Don't know whether it's virus or stress connected until the tests come back. Doctor increased meds. I feel better knowing what the pain was all about.

We stopped to eat on our way home. I ordered pea soup, salad (gave to DH) and a bun (gave to DH) with ham and cheese. I ate the soup, some ham and the cheese. I also had a cup of coffee...so I don't think I did too badly since I missed breakfast all together.

Sis...you can do it!!!

Aimee I hope you had a nice visit with your friend...good to talk about your car being violated.

Booklover...good for you girl...keep up the excercise.

Cottage, good to see you!

Sis, I love you!
Old 02-14-2007, 01:59 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Well ladies! We found out how someone broke into the car!! The bf will be calling the dealership tomorrow and it WILL be fixed. I cannot believe how easy it was for the guy the break into the car, and all it takes it a TINY bit of research on the internet. So sick! We are glad to find this out and it won't happen to us again. I will also be telling ANY Mazda 3 owner in the WORLD about this problem.

I had a GREAT time having coffee with my friend, we made tons of plans for the summer.. I think it'll be a good one It turned out to be a pretty good day.. I am going to bed happy! Which is better than last night when I had nightmares all night long.

-Aimee
Closed Thread