South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 07:28 AM   #1  

Default Tuesday Chat on the Beach

Mornin' all!

I can't stay long, just wanted to pop in and start the daily (I don't get to say that too often!) We have snow, with more on the way!! I need to get moving and try to make it to work. It's only a 1 1/2 mile bus ride, but I have a feeling it will take awhile.

Have a great day and stay warm

Old 02-13-2007, 08:15 AM   #2  
Stinger

S/C/G: 0/0/0

Height: 5'5

Good morning!!!

Our beach is covered with snow chickees. No school today. It seems theres more snow on the way. I took today off work to go to a lucheon with my DH. I am not sure if we are going to make it. Well have to wait and see.

Cawfeeeeeee....taste so good on cold mornings. Come and have a sip.
Old 02-13-2007, 08:29 AM   #3  

Ah, that's better!
Stay Warm all you snow babies! We've got rain here...and more of it all day long! A good day to stay put and clean this rattrap!
Old 02-13-2007, 08:43 AM   #4  
on my way to fabulous

S/C/G: 239/218.2/150

Height: 5'7"

Back to business "as usual" today. I don't think my girl is feeling all that great, but I needed to come to work for at least a couple of hours. We'll see if daycare calls for me to pick her up. Lots to catch up on since I've been away from my office for over a week now.

Bring on the coffee!! I'm going to need some today...lots in fact.
Old 02-13-2007, 08:43 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Where is everyone this morning? It's pretty quiet in here so far. I finally made it back to Curves this morning, I hadn't been in over 2 weeks , and I felt like the "new girl". Now I'm enjoying my coffee and watching the snow coming down. We were only supposed to have flurries until this evening, but it's looking pretty serious out there. So far the schools haven't cancelled, but I think they probably will. It's a shame to have all the kids at school, then have to turn around and try to get them back home again on icy roads. I think I'll end up staying home today, Cindy knows I don't like to drive in this stuff, and understands, thank goodness. When I was younger it didn't bother me at all, but now it's a different story!
So since I'm going to be home, I think I'll throw in a few loads of laundry, and do some dusting and vacuuming before I settle down with my book. I'm planning on turkey tacos for supper, wrapping mine in lettuce leaves instead of tortillas. Maybe make some soup to go along with it, too.

MsCrockett, HI! It's good to see you again! Don't be a stranger around here, we miss ya!

Lubajo, your Mock Macaroni & Cheese sounds interesting. Can you give us the recipe? Isn't it great that we can usually find a good substitute to make the foods we want!

Jett, I hope your little ones are on the mend, and that you got a good night's sleep!

Anna, Enjoy your snow, we're supposed to get 3-6" by tomorrow morning, when it's predicted to turn to ice. Thank goodness winter is almost over!

Time to see what's for breakfast and get some work done, I'll be back later!
Old 02-13-2007, 08:47 AM   #6  

Quick hello from me! Yesterday was a stress eating day- i hate it when I do that to myself. I was also up when I weighed in. Today should be interesting as I didn't pack a lunch........ hopefully the cafeteria will have a salad!

I will catch up later, just wanted to say hi!!
Old 02-13-2007, 08:55 AM   #7  

Sorry, it took me so long to post that I missed a few of you!

Stinger, Schatzi, and who else I may have missed. Jet, I had thought your DD was feeling better, sorrry to hear that she's still not feeling well. I hope you don't get that call from her daycare, and that she perks up real soon!
Old 02-13-2007, 10:15 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 198/170/130

Height: 5'3

Morning All-

I hope you don't mind me popping in over here. I just started phase II yesterday. So far I have lost 6 lbs on South Beach. I am very excited and only 2 lbs away from my February goal of 8 pounds. Yesterday I added a South beach cereal bar to my diet and boy are those delicious. I love the peanut butter ones.

Nikki
Old 02-13-2007, 10:17 AM   #9  
doinTHEbestIcan

Height: 5'4"

good morning all!!! i am on my last day of phase 1 and i'm not sure how much weight i lost because i didn't weigh before i started. the last time i'd weighed was at the beg. of the year. i weighed the morning of day 3 and was down 5lbs from last weigh and as of this morning i am down 5 more. it's been a lot easier than i thought!! i thought i was going to be miserable, but i made it!!! i need something to keep me regulated and i've always used fruit for that but since i can't have that, has anyone tried the activia yogurt?? i really don't want to take any meds just to get regulated. i have always been a sucker for diet pills but i've done it this time without them and don't want to take any extra meds than i already have to.
Old 02-13-2007, 10:45 AM   #10  

The regular Activa yogurt has added sugar, so it is not allowed on SBD. On their website, the have a new 'light' version...but one if its ingredients is corn starch, which is an SBD no-no...but it's listed as 'containing less than 1%'. So depending on how strict you are it could be okay. But, I could be wrong...I'd wait for an official mod answer.
Old 02-13-2007, 10:58 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 155/151/128

Height: 5'3"

Snow! Snow! Snow!

Hello Everybody! I woke up this morning to snow warnings... and when I called the office, they said that I could stay home and work this morning since they are probably going to close early!

So.... I am enjoying my cup of coffee and watching the snow (and doing work of course) The only problem I am running into is all I want is googy comfort food I guess snow days remind me of when I was younger and my mom and I would bake cookies and cakes during days like these.

I went to the gym last night and am trying to keep that in mind. I also went to the library and got the SB cookbook and holiday guide. I am flipping through there and might try a new recipe today.

Well... I will probably check back in later! Enjoy your day!
Old 02-13-2007, 11:36 AM   #12  

JusJ, you've done great
Constipation is one of the things that happens primarily on phase 1. Some gals use a fiber supplement like SF metamucil. or SF Benefiber.
Annarenee is right... no cornstarch, but less than 1% is not going to be a real impact--only if you are supersensitive to starches
Old 02-13-2007, 11:58 AM   #13  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Hello chicks a quickie for me, sorry I have been MIA but it has been crazy around here, had a new baby start and he does not like to be out of my site. DH is feeling better but most of the kids around here have had some sort of bug, good lord its only tuesday. Youngest dd had an open house last night at one of the high schools and tonight and tomorrow night are the last two, she needs to decide by thursday which one she wants to go to. She is stressed out over it. I have been dejunking the house and have to big bags for the community living program here pick up is tomorrow. As for SB I have been sooooooo bad, back to ph 1 for me tomorrow, I have not got on the scales but I can feel the gain. Stupid stupid stupid, I hate when I do that. Well I have to dash I have a million things to do before the bus stop, take care. Love ya's Little chick
Old 02-13-2007, 03:34 PM   #14  

JusJ! You are doing really great! To help keep you regular, try adding beans to your daily diet. They really help!

Kiko~ I'm glad you posted today, I was going to come looking for you! Come on, sweetie, hang in there. No more stress eating! Remember, you have lots of company doing this with you.

For me, it's not stress eating, it's wanting comfort food! I agree with you, Shenanigans. A snow day always meant cooking up yummy treats with my mother, and old habits (and warm memories) are very hard to break. Jake got home around lunchtime and has been snacking on cookies and a Toblerone bar all afternoon!!!! I made myself a cup of my Chocolate Caramel Enchantment Tea and had a Cocoa Via bar, but, alas, it's not the same, but it is helping me over my cravings. All I want to do today is eat eat eat! Our dear Lubajo was kind enough to give us her recipe for the Mock Macaroni & Cheese, so I'm going to make it tonight along with the chili I made. ( I already ate the turkey tacos for lunch! ) Maybe that will cure my comfort foods cravings for today.

L.C., In your area, do the kids get to choose what school they can attend? Here, you go to the school in your district, or pay tuition to attend a different one. Come on, honey, you need to hop on this wagon with me and Kiko, we're all in this together.
Old 02-13-2007, 05:15 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 179/168/145

I'm going to make this rather short.

The test is over...I have a rather large ulcer. Don't know whether it's virus or stress connected until the tests come back. Doctor increased meds. I feel better knowing what the pain was all about.

We stopped to eat on our way home. I ordered pea soup, salad (gave to DH) and a bun (gave to DH) with ham and cheese. I ate the soup, some ham and the cheese. I also had a cup of coffee...so I don't think I did too badly since I missed breakfast all together.

JesJ, my doctor told me to get OTC stool softeners and to take two a day along with the sf metamucil...works for me.

Gotta lay down girls...see you again tomorrow.
Closed Thread