Old 02-12-2007, 08:27 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 224/187/135

Height: 5'8"

Default What are you looking forward to when you get closer to your goal weight?

What is everyone looking forward to when you get to your goal weight. Not food related.
I'm looking forward to: wearing and shopping in the regular size clothes. I'm tired of always having to buy plus sizes.
sharonrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 08:30 PM   #2  
Almost the Big 50!

S/C/G: Goal of 150!

I will break down and cry.... Knowing that i have overcome something that has been a burden all my life....and get on my knees and thank God...

I look forward to start looking for a soul mate
CyberGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 08:33 PM   #3  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

I'm going to buy good quality clothes in beautiful classic styles with pretty shoes and purses. (At this weight, I've always just settled for cheaper clothes, as long as they fit.) I will get somebody to give me a make-over.. makeup and hair. I will wear makeup everyday, I will have a beautiful hairstyle and I will be working outside of the home again.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 09:08 PM   #4  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Default Looking forward to...

I have to say that I haven't had to wait until I reach my ultimate goal weight to reap quite a few benefits already! I have MUCH more energy since I don't have to carry an extra SEVENTY pounds around every minute of the day! I also am able to buy clothes in the regular Misses Department which I haven't been able to do in over TWENTY YEARS! More importantly I find myself more confident with higher self-esteem than I have had for a very long time.

As far as what I look forward to when I reach my ultimate goal, I'd have to say that I can't wait to have the dress I bought for my son's wedding this August BE LOOSE on me -particularly the ARMS of the dress. (The dress is beaded and NOT stretchy at all, so I have work to do to get those arms of mine to be smaller. I know that I can't spot-reduce them, so I have to lose weight to accomplish that! I purposely bought the dress a couple sizes smaller as an incentive to KEEP LOSING MY WEIGHT!)

I also can't wait to be the size I was on my own wedding day when I watch my oldest son marry his sweetheart this summer!

Cheryl
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 09:22 PM   #5  

Being "looked at" again. When I'm thin -- I look pretty good because I'm tall and have long legs -- before I turn too old for men to care, I want to draw attention again, like I did sooooo long ago!!
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 09:37 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

having my DH being able to pick me up without a lot of effort (he weighs about 155)....i can't wait to be lighter than him. Also, finally wearing a bikini.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 09:50 PM   #7  
Stinger

S/C/G: 0/0/0

Height: 5'5

Being treated like I am a 'normal sized' person. I've been both sizes and there is a difference in some peoples attitudes.
Stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 09:53 PM   #8  
Pending Email Confirmation

Funny, I think being looked at was what caused me to gain all the weight to begin with.. but I miss that too, Shelby... something about feeling attractive that I miss. I look forward to looking good again, and hopefully with it will come feeling good too.

and maybe a hot dress! Haven't worn a dress in years...
lizziness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 09:55 PM   #9  
Almost the Big 50!

S/C/G: Goal of 150!

Next Year we should all plan a get together,,,,and have a ball...
CyberGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 09:58 PM   #10  
Hardworking Chick

S/C/G: 334/321.4/125

Height: 5'5"

Default Three items in my closet

I have three items in my closet that have become my official goal pieces. Actually, there are several interim goals, but these three stand out the most:

1. Size 11 corduroy pants in I wore my sophomore year in college in a lovely dark color. They are thin chords which were very popular in 1985. Haven't been able to wear them since then.

2. Size 10 linen shorts I wore in Law School. I lost 20+ pounds my first year in law school and then wore these shorts over the summer. They are the smallest size I can ever remember wearing.

3. Size 8 black & green tartan skirt I bought in college thinking I could lose enough weight to fit into it. Never even came close.

All three are in the back of my closet, along with plenty of sizes 22, 20, 18, 16, 14, 12, etc. I will wear them all again one day.
booklover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 10:15 PM   #11  
Do it. Be Proud.

S/C/G: 250/see ticker~>/130

Height: 5'3.5

I can't wait to be able to look as sexy as I feel when I dance! AND Even though I sew my own costumes- should I go into the mall's Halloween shop with friends, I want to be able to picture myself in the wicked witch's costume and not hear a collective shudder from myself and everyone who sees me eyeing it.
Reddalice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 10:40 PM   #12  

Lizziness -- I was the same way about being looked out. But now that I'm older, wiser, and married -- I'm ready to try again. I tell everyone I wish I had known back then how good I looked and I would have taken better advantage of it -- I'd like the opportunity to try again!! I also want to buy clothes I like, not just the clothes that I can find that fit. You know when you are looking at clothes and say "wow, I like that" and don't have to worry which section of the store you are in -- ladies, womens, juniors, etc. Now I just look at clothes because I need something and don't really pay attention to the fashion, but am forced to just look at whether or not they have my size.
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 11:18 PM   #13  
ONEderland, I 0wn you!

S/C/G: 289/195/169

Height: 5'10"

I have a pair of size 12 Arizona Jeans, not a great brand, BUT I always loved the way they fit my hips, butt and thighs. I'm really long legged, and have absolutely no hips or butt. I'm doing good to be able to sit on furniture without sliding off from lack`o`buttitis, but these always looked great on me. I can't wait to get into them again. And then blow past them into my smaller sizes.
Angihas2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 11:20 PM   #14  
Pending Email Confirmation

Yeah I'm tired of wearing clothes I hate because it fits. I don't even know what my "style" would be anyway... sad. I'm too young for that. sigh.

As for being looked at, more like harassed. I woke up in the 3rd grade w/ boobs and they just kept growing *LOL* I basically was hit on from the time I was about 10 (no seriously it's disturbing) until I got fat when I was around 16. I just couldn't take it anymore. I wish I had known back then too - I see those pics from back then and it makes me sad to think I thought I looked so bad when I looked great.
Oh well all you can do is go on from where you are... so here's to looking hot but maybe not harassment for the future.
lizziness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 11:42 PM   #15  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 300/235/190

Height: 5'7

I think I pretty much look forward to the same things as you gals look forward to.

I want to be able to shop in the Ladies section (I hate how we are "women" and other people are "ladies" what is that about ?!). I'd also like to visit the good ol' juniors department. I'm only 19 and I don't think I was ever there.

I don't care about being looked at, but I do want to be able to wear what I want to...instead I have to find my size and then see what the options are.

I want to be able to fit on the public transit seat. I dread someone sitting next to me...

I want to be able to go out without the fear of people telling me "wow, you are so big!"

I want to look young. All my life people thought I was much older then I am. I'm only 19! but because of my weight ppl think I'm much older.

And last but not least, I want my husband and my daughter to be able to wrap their arms around me completely!!!
TempleBody is offline   Reply With Quote