Old 02-11-2007, 01:23 PM   #1  
Skinny Chick in Training

S/C/G: 191/178-182???/145

Height: 5' 9"

Talking Hot & Healthy Challenge Chicks 2/11/07-2/17/07

What is Hot & Healthy Challenge Chicks?
A bunch of us were all part of different challenges together, and when the challenges ended, we decided not to! So we all came together and decided to start a long term challenge group, and we called them the Hot & Healthy Challenge Chicks!

-Anyone can join the group no matter what your goals are or where you are in your weight loss journey.
-We are here to support each other, encourage each other, laugh together, and cry together.
-Our unified goal is to exercise, eat right (whatever diet plan we may each separately be following), and have fun!
-We encourage new members, as the more that join, the more friends we have to support us along the way!
-We only ask that you follow one teensy, tiny rule. At the beginning of each month we state what our goals are, and they can be WHATEVER YOU WANT!
Then at the end of the month we can share how well we did with our goals, etc. However, sharing at the end of the month is completely optional.

We can do this!!
sumisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 01:37 PM   #2  
Skinny Chick in Training

I have thinking lately about my anniversary coming up on March 26th. I was going to make it another mini goal but it ended up being the same weight as my first goal. Oh well so much for fun haha but its nice since that would be my normal weight. The one I hated so much a year ago and am begging for now. LOL I am all happy today with this working. I seriously feel like I had to get bigger to learn to lose though. Good for the soul or something. I feel like I have the tools now, before I was blindly trying. And you all are part of that --Sumi

1: March 26th our 9th Anniversary - 10% or 166
2: May 6th Challenge 157
3: 10% or 150
4: 10% or 135
Old 02-11-2007, 06:17 PM   #3  
Mardi Gras'07 New Orleans

S/C/G: 253/253/160

hi sumi thanks for starting the new thread. How is everyone?
miafluker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 07:45 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 155/148/128

Height: 5'7"

SD Gal - I LOVE your hair! You are giving me the courage to do something completely different. You look great!

Sharon - I check the board several times on the weekend, but this weekend my son had his wheelchair b-ball tournament in Indiana and I just got back. I actually like to post more on the weekends while I'm cleaning, cooking, etc. The computer is in the kitchen so it's easy for me.

Sumisan - I would find a time and a place in the house and weigh myself naked. Then you will know for sure. Carpet does not work. I also hated my original weight until I gained 10 pounds on top of it. Suddenly I was wishing for that weight.

Marbleflys - It's 6 degrees here so I feel your pain. And talk about finances! The first of 5 kids going off to college and I'm just not prepared. Plus the cost of graduation. Although, my son has been through so much in life, he will be spoiled at graduation and I will do everything I can for college. I'm also taking the family on a trip to Disney World this summer. I've been saving for 4 years and want to go before my son gets to busy for us. Luckily I have another 5 years before the next one graduates!
stopeating is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 10:22 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 184/174.8/132

Height: 5' 4"

Hello, Hello!! Looks like all is well in hot chicks section.

Stop eating- I wish my computer was in the kitchen then I could really multitask (cook dinner, do homework with kids, talk on the phone and watch the basketball game at the same time while entertaining guests, LOL). Maybe I will ask my husband for a kitchen computer for Christmas this year. Good luck with the college costs; I am so not looking forward to that in the next 4-5 years when my oldest turns 18. He just turned 14 saturday and I cried; he's growing up and going through puberty. It is so cute. He told me he's getting hair under his arms. I said, "How many," he laughed and said, "more than five." I said, "what 6," LOL. He laughed. My son and I have a close relationship; I hope puberty doesn't change that. I want to give him enough space, but not too much so he gets in trouble either.

Sumisan-good luck on the weight loss goals. I haven't had much luck in making goals like that; I have found that if I just tell myself that it is longterm and for the health of it, that I am losing. However slowly, but still losing and not gaining.

I did terrible on diet today food wise. My husband home after surgery has changed somewhat or maybe it is my mood. I have to get control of it before I gain everything back. I could use some support here, thanks!!
loveandlaughalways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 12:29 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 242/229.5/135

Height: 5'3"

Sumi, great work with new thread. I weight myself every morning in the nude, on a hardwood floor in my bedroom. Carpet is just too uneven. Great goals.

Stopeating, you have 5 kids too, so does Jasmine I think. Anyhow that is great about your son and college. Finances for it are really expensive. Thank goodness you have a break for another 5 years before the next one goes. That is fabulous, saving for 4 yrs. for your trip to Disney. I am sure everyone will have a great time. I have a lot of respect for you saving like that, it takes alot of determination and giving up alot to be able to do that, I hope your proud of yourself. I sure would be.

Today was a good day for food, I did 2 miles on my walking tape, as well as some shopping and I was at Dad's doing some things, it can be a busy time sometimes when visiting, you end up doing little chores for him. I warmed up some soup for him and some pudding, he said it was a long time since someone did that for him. Not exactly true I did it two weeks ago, but with him having to stay sitting for most of the time, I think he finds the time long, and one day flows into the next.

Anyhow, I hope everyone has a good day and we will be joined by more people on the site again soon. Not that I don't like the people already here.
Sharon S.
Canuk4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 12:50 PM   #7  
prepare for the BEST time

Here I am...........another small set back in the exercise dept....I took a fall Saturday, just a stupid trip that landed me on my tailbone on a ceramic tile floor. there is bruise on my backside and upper arm, nothing serious, but painful.

I only exercised 20 mins. this AM it is difficult to roll back on my wt. bench. I'm sure I'll heal as the week moves on.

I WISH i was in Mexico....I don't care if no one liked me, it's warm! (we are supposed to get snow tomorrow, yuck)

my weekend was quite boring.....too much catching up on cleaning and putting my house in order.....cos I have no time during the week.

it IS very quiet in here...everyone must be involved with their day.
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 01:13 PM   #8  
Goodbye Fat!

Just stopping by for a quick hello! Had a soso weekend with food, but I did shop all day Saturday so I am sure I burned some of those calories. Everyone have a great Monday!
dollypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 02:02 PM   #9  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

Canuk and marbles:

I am sorry to hear your daughters are being brats! You'd think they would grow up some.

Sumi:

Thanx for all the info. That is awesome to be doing that! photobucket.com has free image hosting you just need to upload from your p.c. I need to read all that to dh. He thinks goats are mean?

Everyone else:

I will have to go back and read thru the old thread when I have time but I hope I didn't miss too much. Been so busy lately. Arrgghhhh I hope all of you are doing well and losing. I have gotten a bit sidetracked and been eating too much good food!! I had gotten down to 203 at end of last month and I thought I was about 215 by now. Plus my walking had dwindled down to about 1-2 days a week this month! I used to be soo good! Well I decided that If I did not step on the scale then I may weigh even more by beginning of next month if I did not take responsibility for my actions, after all I crept up to 280 somehow and it was obviously by NOT checking a scale! So I forced myself to do damage control this a.m. and was pleased to see 206!!!! Yes, I gained 3 these last few weeks but still, not as bad as I thought! Amazing how 3 pounds extra can feel like 10 - 15!!!!

I am glad though cause I am taking responsibility and am hoping to be down to 203 again soon. I really need to be doing my Fitday again. I think the problem hit besides drama with daughter when I decided to quit my multivitamin cause of the beta carotene supplement. I do eat a lot of healthy foods but it just seems hard to try to get all the vitamins just from food particularily the b 12 cause that is mainly in red meats and we eat a lot of chicken and turkey! What am I to do? SO then I look at my fitday and I obsess and see so many of my "daily requirements" I am NOT meeting and I figure, forget it all! Who cares! Unfortunately that "who cares" attitude is how I got to be 280 in the first place!, almost like if things cant be perfect then why bother? *sigh* Well I am going to do the fitday again and I was thinking of maybe a b 12 supplement but I have been reading recently that vitamins may not be doing a darn thing at all for us! Anyone else heard that? They are saying that people that actually do take vitamins are generally healthier but it is not cause of the supplements, its cause people who care enough to take a vitamin usually care enough to try to eat healthier most of the time, etc. Makes sense.

And then I truly wonder about all the RDA's anyways. ALot of the nutritionist and all have not known about all these vitamins for along time anyways. Some of these it is a pretty new concept. There was a link to an L.A. times article I should go find for ya. People have been thriving for years without being eaxact about requirements. It seems way back when people just ate what was close to them as far as food goes. Yes I do know there are important things you really need to have like carbs, protein, fats, vegis and fruits etc. But do we really need to have 100% b-12 every day? Etc.

SOme of this just gets so overwhelming! What I will try to work on is getting a good round variety of lots of different fruits anbd veggies and foods so I can try to benefit from all of them. *sigh* ANyone else feel this way?

Anyhow I have been doing alot of cooking from scratch which is why I probably only gained 3 these past few weeks. Just eating too much of it and not exercising much. I need to start doing better again at counting cals and portion control!

What I plan on making today, home made sphgetti sauce!!! The recipe calls for alot of add this, and stir this alot, then add that, and simmer, then add this and turn up heat for 4 minutes, etc! Kind of tedious but they recommend a 14' deep 10 diam pot so there will be plenty and I can freeze alot for later! I am also doing 5 pounds of turkey meatballs with lots of spices and seasonings then flash freezing. We did that last month and only have a few left. They are soooo good!!

Going to make 3 pans of lasagna and freeze two. mMMMM...I am going to try to find an awesome recipe for french bread today too. Made some more home made bread yesterday.

I hope everyone is having a great day and I will talk at ya later!!!
Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 02:09 PM   #10  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

Sharon just skimmed over the old thread and seen you were upset about NOT losing. *BIG HUGZ* Honey you just have to let it go. ALl you can do is your best and the rest is up to your body. Have you tried measuing? I get frustrated with the scale sometimes so I have to keep reminding myself this is about health and eating right etc. EVen if you do not lose another pound you are helping your body by eating good food and exercising. The weight will follow hun!!! Make sure you take a break every now and then too. I always, even my losing 8 pound months, eat out once a week and have pizza once a month. SO don't deprive yourself or you will go nuts!!!!

I forgot to tell everyone but I found an awesome recipe for home made bread!!! I tryed it last week and it was so soft and tender and everyone just kept eating and eating!!!I will post what I wrote on my board:

Okay everyone the verdict is in!!! Yes I actually tried this the other day! Oh my Lord!!!! This bread is awesome!!!!!!! Joey was floored, so was I. This exceeded our expectations and none of us could stop eating it! There are 7 of us and we went thru two loaves and one piece out of the third one!!! Joey said he wants to call it, "Sarah's Sweet Angel Bread".
hahahaha I am so stuffed right now!!!!!!!!! I had 3 regular bread pans and used one round cake pan. I am going to be using this as my main recipe! It was so soft and tender and a little sweet but not sickly so. Oh my!!!! I am usually a huge sucker for store brown and serve rolls and these were even tastier IMO. I can happily say goodbye to white bread forever now!

The all wheat did just fine, I did not use any white flour, just King Arthurs 100% wheat, can't wait til I can grind my own!I used the molasses too, and I used real butter(as usual), and greased the pan in real butter too. I did melt some butter and brush it on the top before baking the way some people recommended. I even took a few pics. I know, I am a dork. Lighting is bad and he didn't use the flash but oh well. This is the one that was in the cake pan!

http://www.recipezaar.com/32607

Wholesome Homemade Honey Whole Wheat Bread

3¾ hours 3 hours prep
2 envelopes yeast
4 cups water
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup molasses
1/2 cup honey
2 teaspoons salt
6 cups whole-wheat flour
4 cups white flour

1. Dissolve yeast in warm water.
2. In a large bowl, combine butter, molasses, honey and salt and mix well.
3. Add yeast mixture and then gradually add flours.
4. Turn onto floured surface and knead until smooth.
5. Place in buttered bowl and let rise until double.
6. Punch down and let rest for a few minutes.
7. Divide dough into 4 parts and shape into loaves.
8. Place in greased pans and let rise for about an hour.
9. Bake at 375* for 35 to 40 minutes.

Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 03:58 PM   #11  
Skinny Chick in Training

Marbleflys: I hope you get better quickly! I am sorry to hear you got hurt.

Jasmine So glad to see you getting back on track, that is the mentality we all need. Fall off then jump right back on before it gets worse.

Ok if your mean to your goat I am sure it would butt you in the rear end LOL But if you feed your goats and socialize with them everyday, they are like dogs. Seriously, if you let them they will follow you in the house, out to the garbage and everywhere. I think males can be more tempermental but we only have females LOL They are very sweet and are even patient with me when I milk them....which takes a very long time since I am new! They butt each other for fun and ours were both disbudded so they do not have horns (I might worry about one with horns LOL) The little on actually started growing horns anyway but they are small. We did get a puppy last year and our big goat did NOT like her. She was very protective of the little one even though she wasnt her mother. And she would knock that dog over and keep butting her. The puppy learned quick to stay away, and now that the puppy is a big dog she makes sure to go in a big circle around that goat. LOL My chickens are meaner than my goats, seriously, they squawk at me if I come in and they are trying to sit on eggs, enough to make me turn around and say forget that!

There are a lot of misconceptions about goats, like that they will eat metal and things like that. They do taste alot of things but generally they wont eat anything other than weeds, trees and hay, ok they do like the garden, and veggie scraps too. But they use there mouths to investigate things. Like they will nibble clothing that hangs down, generally they wont actually take a bite though LOL

The things I like about goats vs. cows is: 1. If a goat steps on my foot I say "ouch", if a cow steps on my foot I would say "take me to the hospital!". 2. Goats feces are tiny pellets that don't stink (think big rabbit poop) and cow poop is horrid. Again they are smaller so they also do not produce as much AND you do not need to compost goat poop, it can go right into the garden as is just like rabbit poop with no worries of bacteria! Cow poop MUST be composted!

But I have to warn you, it is a FULL time job when they are in milk. The one reason I would consider just buying milk is because you can not go on vacation with all these animals! When they are not in milk you can pay someone to come and feed them but when they are in milk you have to pay someone to feed and milk them, which is harder to find, I am on the look out for someone who can milk them, feed them and will accept the milk as payment so we can all go on vacation together, but until then we have to do it in turns. But who knows maybe it will work out better, I wont ever have to see my MIL again.

I am SOOOO JEALOUS!! When ever I make large quantities of whole wheat they come out like bricks. There is only one recipe that works for me and it only makes one loaf. This one looks pretty similar as far as the ingredients so I am going to have to try it, the one I use is a vegan recipe that stuck with me since it worked LOL change the butter to oil and its nearly the same! I will have to blame you if I end up eating a half a loaf myself though. Homemade bread is like DRUGS! I am drooling just thinking of the smell!

So what do you use the meatballs for? Plain, Sandwiches, Spaghetti, thats all I can think of? I made some killer pot stickers but only like 20 made it to the freezer, I had to do a test run of course and the family LOVED them and they were super easy, all be it time consuming and frustrating to seal and assemble. I want to do more like that, not unnecessarily OAMC but just keep healthy homemade convenience foods around. That way if I am running behind or having a low energy day I can just pull it out and cook it up super easy I so need a deep freeze!!!

Well today I am just kind of hanging out dreading yet another doctors appointment tomorrow. BLECK! But other than that the calories are looking good, the caramel is finally gone, which is a relief since it was putting me over on my calories.

Have a great one! --Sumi
Old 02-12-2007, 04:38 PM   #12  

Maybe Sumi and Jasmine can come and cook for me????? I'm slaving away grading these ungrateful students. (By this time of year, I hate the seniors)

the bread and gravy (spagetti sauce out there, in Jersey it's GRAVY--trust me the X is Sicilian) sound soooo good, and its a lovely pic. too. very pretty bread on a fresh towel, hot out of the oven.....ahem, that's enough food porn ladies...
Old 02-13-2007, 12:30 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 242/229.5/135

Height: 5'3"

Marbleflys, I am so sorry to hear you fell, the tailbone has no meat on it, so it must of really hurt. Take it easy with the exercise.

Sumi, I hope you can find someone to look after all the animals so you can all go on vacation.

Thanks Jasmine for the words of encouragement. I did go a little wild on Sat. But it made no difference. Still weighed the same today, got my aquafit exercise in this morning. I met with a dietican one on one today, she is from my doctor's office, but only there two days a week. Anyhow she thinks I need to eat more calories, which there have been days that I have been 973 or something like that, too low. She also recommended I follow the Canada's Food Guide for my age level. I said I want to eat more normal, not salad's all the time. She agreed and gave me some examples, like whole wheat spaghetti and a whole wheat dinner role. Or stir frys with chicken, vegetable lasagna once in a while, stuff like that. She wanted to measure my waist, here I am in a big thick sweat shirt, that also has a pockety to put your hands in, on the front. She measures over top of this, I asked why, some patients don't like her to touch there skin. I will not even repeat what she measured, it is a hoot though. You can be sure next time I will be in a skin tight tee shirt. ha ha! Eating went good today as well. Water not great, tea took it's place.

Sounds like you have been a busy woman Jasmine, doing all this cooking, it all sounds so good, the bread I would die for, but don't have the patience to make. Like the sound of the meat balls and lasagna as well. B12 is a really important vitamin and hard to get enough out of food, I have taken shots for it before, my dad and mom did as well. You can also buy Vitamins that have no beta caratene, usually here they are under a store name or a brand the drug store sells, also cheaper than the others.

Well they will operate on my arm March 5th (right on my daughter's birthday, but I figure since were haveing the surprise birthday party for her Feb. 24th, she should be okay with it, plus she has another birthday party for her friend on the 3, my dad's on the 4th, she should be tired of celebrating. I am not telling her till the operation is over though, she has the day off and I don't want her to spend it at the hospital, as that will be an never ending story, if you know what I mean.

I really thought when so many people did not post on the weekend that everyone was posting at a different sites and this one was just going to go by the wayside, it made me sad, I would miss you guys.
Well have a wonderful day tomorrow. We are to get about a good 12 inches of blowing snow, maybe more, I can hardly wait! NOT!!!
Sharon S.
Canuk4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 09:47 AM   #14  

Sharon;

only one foot? we haven't had any snow yet this season, this will be the first sno for us, prediciting about 2-4-6-8, the weatherman doesn't know either.

BTW, I have a slew of relatives in St. Catherines,(yes, the same neghborhood as the woman Karla the murderer). I'm guessing you live *next-door*. so we have bratty daughters in common? She should know you are having surgery, but tell her it's not necessary for her to come by until you get back home.....she should bring dinner too. what are they doing for your arm?

Thanks, Sumi, i'm just a clutz, I actually tripped on a light cord (i didn't tuck away behind the nightstand properly after cleaning the lamp)! I grabbed to catch myself, knocked over BF's little valet box, fell off the bedroom step backwards through the french doors into the sunroom....I count myself lucky that I didn't break glass and my head didn't land in the litterbox!

BBL, gotta finish something....Mimi...I keep forgetting to tell you, I really like the very new do....updated and sleek.
Old 02-13-2007, 08:31 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 155/148/128

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone! Just a quick reply. I got the stomach flu on Sunday. I was so sick. I'm eating toast and weak items, I'm afraid to eat, but I'm definitely feeling better than I was on Monday.

Because I started a new job last Monday, I could not call in sick so I toughed it out but it was the sickest I've been in years! I think I spent more time in the bathroom than the office but everyone was understanding.

Thanks for all the comments about college costs. I've got to get it finished.

I've got to try the bread recipe, it sounds great!

Sharon and Jasmine - With everything going on in your life you are doing great!
stopeating is offline   Reply With Quote