South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 05:29 AM   #1  

Talking Munch-Free Monday on the Beach!

Daylights aburnin' Chicks Well, okay, not exactly... but us Mornin' larks usually are up with the sun or before it!

Annarenee: all your meals sound DELISH! What's in the Cuban Flank Steak? And congrats on yer loss! More details on the NYC trip! I looooove NY

Jet: Feel Better sweetie
mamajok: So what's Dhs verdict on the Taco Bake?

We went to see that other property yesterday... out in no mans land...no power, phone etc... so that got nixed.. We drove over to the property we are in "contract" for and it looks like a hole was dug for a perc so that was good news...And I got a 95 on my test.. 2 more weeks til this course is over... and I start the next one
Today it's gonna be 60!!! Quick grocery shopping, and cleaning is on the docket for today.
Cawfee's Ready Come have a and tell us about your day
Old 02-12-2007, 07:15 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning! Dawn is just breaking here, I"m looking forward to the days when it gets light earlier. I'm not too crazy about getting up in the dark.

Schatzi, congratulations on your 95 on the test!!!! All those hours of studying have really paid off! I'm glad you saw some progress being done on your property. Too bad about the other one, though, it's a good thing you went out and had a good look at it.

I'm leaving in a few minutes for my hairdresser, I've had to cancel this appt twice now, and I'm desperate at this point! I'll try to check in later today. Be good!
Old 02-12-2007, 07:50 AM   #3  

Mornin' all...just a quick pop in, as usual I'm running late

Schatzi WTG on that 95! I will post the Cuban Flank Steak Recipe when I have a minute. As the NY trip comes together, I'll share all the details. I know that I will be attending a taping of the Daily Show with Jon Stewart (I already have a ticket for that). And my Chicago Cubs will be at the Mets the week I'm there, so I'd like to go to a game.

Cottage Mornin'...I hope you appointment went well.

I've gotta run...I'll check later

Old 02-12-2007, 08:13 AM   #4  
on my way to fabulous

S/C/G: 239/218.2/150

Height: 5'7"

Mornin' gals. I'm home with a sick girl today. Oldest is still running a fever...101.7 after Tylenol. She's complaining about a sore throat, so I'll have to find the flashlight and take a look. I didn't really want to go to work anyway.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:09 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 251/251/150

Height: 5'5"

Good Monday Morning chickaroos
I know you all thought I'd deserted but I've just been kinda frenzied.
I'm having a time wakin up this morning...I really don't wanna go to work
Dear auntie flo! I sure wish she'd LEAVE ME ALONE!!!
My DD is doing well in Orlando, and I've been struggling here since I got back...I didn't eat anything good while I was there! and I'm still struggling.
I'm about to go nuts!
I guess I'm gonna have to P1 it for a few days or so to get back in the swing!
I'm sure part of my problem is my daughter being so far away from home! and also my hormones going berzerk! I also don't like to be cold one bit and it's been a little colder here than usual! I'm a southern gal...I love hot humid weather!
I just can't get my tail motivated to get up and exercise! I'm on my feet 7 to 8 hours a day working and I'm usually pretty beat when I get home from work. So it's been tough getting back to the gym!
Well...that's enough of a vent today..I've gotta go get ready for work
thanks for listening!
Talk to you all later!
Old 02-12-2007, 10:29 AM   #6  
gotta lose it!

quick hello...have a conference all in a few mins & the laundry & dinner before I go to work. And of course I have to leave early....darn snow!
Old 02-12-2007, 10:36 AM   #7  

schatzi - Congratulation on your test! Good luck with your property. I've always bought preowned homes so I've never had to deal with that myself. Sounds challenging.

cottage - Good luck with the hairdresser. I finally got my hair cut yesterday. Brian got his cut really short a few days ago. I'm getting used to is and it does look good.

annarenee - I'll keep an eye out for your recipe. It sounds good. We are always trying to find recipes that we will all enjoy.

jetsetter - Sorry to hear about your sick kid. We've had lots of bouts of strep through the years. This year Brian brings his water bottle to school and he's been healthier. I think those school water fountains are scary!

Phins - I hate the cold too and I haven't been able to exercise in awhile which is definitely affecting my weight. I also seem to eat off plan more when I don't exercise. I'm not sure what my hormones are doing but they're messed up too. I went off the pill due to clotting problems and I'm a month late right now (and not pregnant). Dr said to let him know if I get 3 months late. I hate not knowing when Aunt Flo will visit.

Me - Saturday morning was spent collecting Scouting for Food bags of canned food. Our district collected over 60,000 lbs. Then I went over to the Resistol hat factory and found a nice cowboy hat for $25 (half off). I needed one for promoting scout camp. I'm glad I asked the right person. I had no idea we had a hat factory there. I even found a real Boy Scouts of America scout platoon hat for $12! I've been swamped with work and scouting but I'll try to check in when I can.
Old 02-12-2007, 11:23 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 179/168/145

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Munch Free Chicks...

It's a happy mornin for me since DH is home again and life is back to normal. YEAH!

Schatzi, sounds like your property woes are straightening out for you. My eldest DD and her DH have broke ground already and have walls and a roof. They are having fun picking out flooring, cabinets, etc...AND Congrats on your 95! My DH loved the Taco Bake!

Cottage, good luck on the hair appt...I just had mine frosted (To cover the silver!) and it feels so good to have a style again.

annarenee, hope you weren't late...have a good day!

Jet, so sorry for your little sicky ...hope she's better lickity split!

PHinsUP!, been there, done that. I too screwed up this last week but am trying to not be hard on myself...good to see you! In another way I too am dealing with a 'hormone' thing...I went off my hormones after 18 years of being on them..what an ADJUSTMENT! Poor DH has had to put up with many mood swings these last weeks...tee hee.

soon2Bfab, have a good conference...slow down.

Barb0522, way to go...good bargains...girl after my own heart!

I love you sis!
Old 02-12-2007, 02:14 PM   #9  

Height: 5'4"

Hi Girls:

Schatze: Congrat. on your 95. Way to go!!!I envy you your 60s today... We are in the 50s here but too much rain...River coming up fast.

Cottage: Good luck on the hair cut.....Wow! I hated my new perm and hair cut but since I colored it and put some creame rinse on it, I have come to love it...Nice to get a new do. Hope you are happy right off with yours.

Anna: Sounds like you will have lots of fun in NY.

Jet: Sorry about your DD being ill with fever. Something is going around even here in CA. First one family then another. Fever, upset stomach and some are throwing up.

Phin: Aunt Flo? I had to read on to find out who was Aunt Flo? Cute name for the curse. First time I heard that name...love it. I will tell my daughters. hahahhah
Sounds also like you are having a bit of depression today...Hang in sweet one and come vent any time. We are all here for you.

Soon: Alway busy, always running..take a deep breathe and try to relax just a bit.

Barb: 60,000 lbs of food. Wonderful!! that should help a while. What color is the Cow Boy Hat? Hope it's red!!!

Off I go to put clean sheets on the bed...and clean the floors...DH is out in the rain (light rain) trying to fill two planting boxes so we can get more strawberries in.
Yesterday we went and bought a Italian Prune Tree, 2 grape bushes and 2 artichokes plants...Now, here hoping they will bear real fast...getting older here by the minute.

Love you all....Lu

Hi sis: I love You!!!
Old 02-12-2007, 03:27 PM   #10  

lubajo - They did have some nice looking red ones but I got a cream colored one that matches well with my scout uniform and looks good with my brown hair. I may pick up a different color for camp once we have decided what color the staff shirts will be.
Old 02-12-2007, 03:52 PM   #11  
South Beach Life Style

Hey Ladies, just popped in to get recipes.. How is everyone..
Old 02-12-2007, 05:01 PM   #12  
Stinger

S/C/G: 0/0/0

Height: 5'5

Hi Beach Chicks
Schatzi good job on 95%

cottage How's the new dew?

jetsetter Here's to a healthy household.

PHinsUP Might I sugguest to start the exersize slow and just add 5 mins at a time.

soon2Bfab Sounds like a busy day.

Barb0522 That's lots of cans!

mamajok Glad to hear DH is home.

lubajo Now I want fruit salad

MsCrockett What time is dinner?

Me I had a great and exciting revelation night. I went to the rec. center to swim with my son's school group lastnight. Before I went into the pool I got on the scale there. When I first started SB in the last week of Oct. I weighted myself from that scale. I continued to use that scale until my membership ran out on Chirstmas day. The day after Chirstmas I joined another gym and have been using that scale. Since the scale is in the lobby I now weigh myself fully dressed. However for the first time in months I was able to weigh myself in a bathing suit.

Here's the big news--------I am below the "magic" weight (219) by .05 lbs. I always had a hard time getting under that weight. I would usually lose to that point then give up and gain it all back--but now I am below 219 lbs. It's like I have found a new path to explore on my SB journey. I feel really strong. Now I am ready to go for the next 18.5 lbs. and I look forward to ONEDERLAND.
Old 02-12-2007, 08:41 PM   #13  
on my way to fabulous

S/C/G: 239/218.2/150

Height: 5'7"

I think we're all going to survive. Both of the girls crashed about 30 minutes ago. That's normal bedtime for the little one, but the older one usually stays up for another hour and a half...PLUS she took a 2 hour nap today!! Her fever didn't come back after the 2nd dose of Tylenol, and she stopped complaining about her sore throat. Guess that means we'll be back in business tomorrow...knock on wood! I'm enjoying a peaceful evening of nothingness. I really want to make some bean brownies, but the whir of the food processor will inevitably wake up a girl or 2...so I'll have to go without.

How was everyone else's Monday??
Closed Thread