Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2002, 11:39 AM   #1  
Empress/Queen

Exclamation Streaking to St. V #4

Down two pounds today! That's now eight to go to St. V's Day or St. Pat's. I'm not pursuing the St. Pat thing right now but will join up if someone posts a challenge! March is still a long way off!

I'm off to pay bills and shop. I think that'll count as exercise!
Old 02-04-2002, 07:35 AM   #2  
One day at a time

Default Weigh in

morning everyone well it's monday morning so I wanted to weigh in and i'm down 2.5lbs. this week.

so how is everyone doing this week, I've been riding my bike everyday (stationary bike) and lifting weights. Today I have to do a lower body workout,so pretty soon i won't be able to walk.

i'm planning on making a st.pete's challenge but not until after v-day. That way i'll know where i'm at.

sheila
Old 02-04-2002, 10:01 AM   #3  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Talking 3 losers sitting pretty.....

Wow!!! I've also lost 2.5 lbs which is remarkable since I've had TOM and a migraine all weekend!!.... well wonders never cease!!!
I've been following ww's so well, and not feeling deprived and eating pretty much what I want. The points seem easy and I love to eat all those low-cal foods. I found a really nice whole wheat bread thats half the calories...so 2pc = 1pt, so even if I was starving and want 4 pc of toast...(not unrealistic,cause I LOVE BREAD... lol) I can!!! So, thats 3 losers in a row....WHO'LL BE NEXT? Have a great day.
Old 02-04-2002, 10:10 AM   #4  

well done on your losses, doesnt it give you such a lift when it shows a loss no matter how little but on the other hand its very disheartning when it shows no loss or worse a gain as if us woman dont have enough emotional ups and downs thats why we are undoubtedly the stronger sex because we overcome it all good luck to everyone
Old 02-04-2002, 04:01 PM   #5  

Default WAY TO GO LOSERS!!!!

Hey LOSERS.....congrats....that is awesome for all 3 of you.....I am proud of ya....!!! Keep up the great work!!!

How are ya all doing? I didn't get online much this weekend....spent a lot of time with the family and really didnt feel the want to be online.....was getting that tired gloomy feeling that I normally feel when darn ol TOM gets ready to strike.....which it hasnt yet but how I wish it was already done....LOL.....I weighed this morning and was at 175 which puts me up 1lb but not sure if it is from the TOM settling in for his stay.....LOL.....either way thats ok...I am not taking it as a HUGE gain.....it'll go away again!!!

Angel...sorry I havent been on to chat much....glad to hear your doing so well with WW's....and I SOOO agree....it is so nice being able to eat what you want and not have to think of it as CHEATING.....you just have to count the points!!!

Hoping all is well with everyone....I need to go get things going for dinner......going to make (pam) fried flounder fillets, mashed potatoes, and a veggie!!!
I might try to make it to chat later tonight angel...all depends on if B hogs the puter from me.......LOL.....take care all....and keep up you LOSERS......LisaL

P.S> Flumper...welcome to the group......!!!
Old 02-05-2002, 07:30 AM   #6  

WAY TO GO LOSERS!!! WHAT A GREAT WAY TO START THE WEEK!!!

Good morning all! Hope everyone had a wonderful Monday. Don't you just hate Mondays? Ah, well, over till next week!

So I haven't been online much either, just haven't felt like getting on. I've been doing...well, okay...with staying OP...not super, great fantastic I'm so proud of myself...but ok. Could be better, but hey, there's always room for improvement.And I've been excercising & drinking my water, so that's good.

My grandfather is in the hospital right now & isn't doing to well, so that's been a little stressful.

I think I'm going to follow in Crone's footsteps and add a second excercise session everyday...that will help me also with my goal of not going to sleep right after I eat every night! I'll try to start tonight...I'll let you all know in the morning whether or not I manage to follow thru on that!

Well, got to run...I gotta get off the puter & go call the hospital to see how Poppa is doing. Will talk to you all soon.

Staci
Old 02-05-2002, 07:41 AM   #7  
We can do this..and will!

Smile Chicken Soup

Hey Kids.....I have been living on Chicken soup....I have been fighting a bad cold/flu thing and my dear old mom showed up with a pot of chicken soup...homemade! Yum...It is filled with good things...so I have really been able to stick with my eating plan...and continue to lose....I look forward to my weigh in tomorrow at Weight Watchers...I hope the old scale shows as much success as I feel I have.

Staci, How is grandpa doin? I hope he's back on his feet again, soon!

Sheila, how is married life treating ya? Hope you are still as happy as ya were back when we were all helping you plan the big day!

Jo Jo...where did ya go go?

Crone....I am for a St pat's challenge...any ideas?

morrigan, speak to us!

Love you all....Jh
Old 02-05-2002, 08:36 AM   #8  
One day at a time

Default morning all

hello everyone

hope everyones doing good today, I decided to go with tae-bo instead of the bike yesterday and boy did I sweat, I forgot how much work tae-bo is, I'll have to do it more often.

Joannie- married life is about the same as unmarried life. We've been together so long nothing really changed, but It's great.

everythings going great except I realized yesterday i'm not getting enough calories, averaging around 1100 have to add about 200 calories, just don't know how to do that.

anyways hope everyone has a great day.
Old 02-05-2002, 08:47 AM   #9  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Wink Good Morning!

Hi Ladies. What a beautiful morning, I was up in time to see the sunrise...(lol, doesn't happen that often, zzzz) I've been doing well with the ww's, still can't believe how easy it is. YOu'd laugh if I told you I was scared of the program.....well, maybe not really scared but intimidated for some reason. But...I slayed that dragon and I'm now on week #3, so far I've lost 5.4 lbs AND had TOM!!
Sheila: Try adding an extra pc of fruit.....a cup of strawberrries, or a nice juicy apple, yougurt is also a nice easy choice. Instead of meat slices in a sandwich, opt for tunasalad or salmon salad sandwiches...(non-fat mayo of course) Your body will thankyou for the extra protien and calcium!!
Well I'm off to chat, hoping to find good ol' Mom there. Enjoy the day!!
Old 02-05-2002, 10:01 AM   #10  

hello all. congrats on the continued losses!!!! you are all amazing. i am trying to push myself out the door to the gym and not back into bed. it is cooollld here and spending the day in bed with a good book sounds soooooo good. i have tto keep reminding myself that it is the small decisions that i make now that will cause the end result over time. i did pretty well yesterday, so i'll count today as day 2-again.
ok, i AM going to go to the gym. therefore, i will also weigh myself--here's hoping! (the good scale is at the gym, so i weigh there)
ok, see you all later (as it were). keep up the good work and thanks for being here for me to read and ramble to to make myself go to the gym. just reading here makes me feel more motivated-if you all can do it, i knwo i can.
thanks.
Old 02-05-2002, 11:38 AM   #11  

Default Good morning everyone!!!

Hey girls...how ya all doing? I hope all is well.....!!!

Angel...sorry I hadn't gotten on here earlier to find you chatting....I spent most of the morning rearranging the living room since Kail now loves to climb on top of the couch and reach the shelves of photos etc.....I will try to get online tonight to chat....was there last night a bit past 9pm and had fun chatting with L and sweetpea.....but guess you had already been there!!...So glad to hear your doing so well with the program.....!!!

Tae-bo....LOL....I bought those tapes and was planning on using them....well never did...but hubby uses them and I see how badly he gets worked up over it.....I would probably pass out of exhaustion shortly after starting....LOL...will stick to my bike for now until I am more into the exercising!!!

Staci....hoping all is well with your poppa and that he is back to himself soon!!!

Joanie....sorry to hear your feeling so ill.....just worry about getting yourself better....and if its any consolation......when I was on plan last year for the first time....I got the flu for like 3 days....and when I went to weigh in...I had lost 6lbs....LOL....so I bet you will show a good size loss even though your not moving around too much !!!...Get well soon!!!

Crone...I cant believe marlana hasnt come up with a challenge for us.....I thought for sure she would have had a plan by now.....!!!...Looks like we all need to use our noodles and make one that the other groups will join in on with us!!!

Jo Jo and Morrigan....where oh where have you 2 disappeared to???

Well, that was long winded enough for me....I am attempting to get into chat but this darn internet is wacky and wont let me load the chat without downloading a new java plug in......take care all....and talk later......LisaL
Old 02-05-2002, 12:30 PM   #12  

well, back from the gym. ::whew::
i'm gonna HURT tomorrow
having tuna sandwich for lunch (made with low fat mayo), trying to keep the cats out of it. i say this whenever i go to the gym for the first time in a while-it feels so good to get back, why don't i keep up with it???
lost one pound-pretty happy with that as i haven't been the best lately. realized that after a lot of losing and gaining, i am at one pound heavier than when i started many months ago. that's kinda depressing, but i'm on the right track now.(again)
take care, all
Old 02-05-2002, 12:44 PM   #13  
Empress/Queen

Default Day 10

Trying to get motivated to get out the door and do some out and about stuff. Feeling blah but had a great 40-minute circuit training workout, medium weights with aerobic intervals. Then crash, but breakfast was so early, I'm trying not to refuel until noon.

Re St. Pat's Party, I doubt if Marlana's planning anything right now. The last I read on their thread is that her computer was down. Maybe she's back up; I haven't had time to check. I had just thought she might want to 'cause she's the one who thought up the idea originally of challenging the whole board. Guess it wouldn't matter who starts it off, though. It could be anything anyone wants to do, I guess, that hopefully won't die out just at the end. To me, St. Pat's Day represents the start of spring, of renewal, of finally getting focused and getting my last pounds off for good, of solidifying my exercise habit and getting really, really FIT for an old broad!

My St. V challenge to me ends Saturday, as I only weigh-in on Sundays, so whatever I weigh on a Sunday, I consider myself to weigh the whole week. It's doubtful I'll get the &*%^**-ing 10 pounds off that I wanted to, but I'll be down, I know!

I liked a lot of the things we used to do on this thread, including Morrigan's daily journal where she and others just listed their food and I think exercise. I guess I just have a need to focus, focus, focus in whatever challenge we think up next. My aging brain needs FOCUS!

Morrigan, JoJo2, Babette, Weeesa & All The Missing: Come back for St. Pat!! (Please?)

I wonder how many smiley faces the software will let me make?

Last edited by Amarantha2; 02-05-2002 at 12:50 PM.
Old 02-05-2002, 01:33 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 222/187/120

Height: nearly 5'2"

Default good job everyone

You guys have all been streaking along and I haven't been streaking at all. My weight has creeped up 15 lbs from what I lost last year, and I found out just last Friday that I am expecting, so my guess is I will creep up a bit more in the next nine months. I haven't even been lurking about on this site lately. I am taking a class that is M,T,W, TH evenings and going to the gym and skiing Friday night, Sat, and Sunday. I have hardly turned on my computer at home.
Old 02-05-2002, 01:48 PM   #15  
Mommy To Be

CONGRATULATIONS MORRIGAN!!!! I'm SOOOO happy for you! Take care of yourself during these nine months- but REMEMBER your baby needs protein/fruits/veggies more than it needs whatever you are craving so DO EAT HEALTHY. (I'm sure you are anyways). I'm sooooo happy for you. Hopefully I'll be joining you shortly! I'm on CD 15 and waiting for the egg to drop.

Crone Yeah you're on a roll! Great job on the loss. I'm very inspired!

Joanie Hope you're feeling better and on the mend. How did weigh-in go? Great I hope!

Sheila Great job on the 2.5 pounds down. It's good to hear your marriage is going well too.

HI everyone

I'm kind of in a rush so hurrying as I type. I have not been doing as well as I was. I haven't gained anything but I'm just kinda hanging out at 187-188 which is TOO HIGH. I don't want to weigh over 200 when pregnant. But unfortunately my BOB (Baby Obsessed Brain) keeps getting in the way of my efforts. BOB tells me "It's okay to eat this- you won't be able to lose weight when you're pregnant anyways" or "Go ahead and eat that. Won't be long till you "o" and then you'll be preggers!" ARGH. I keep telling BOB that I'm not pregnant YET! Today has been much better. The good news is that I've made a definite habit of getting my fruits and veggies in. Isn't that great? I was such a fruit hater before- now I can't live without my daily banana, orange, and apple. I seem to stick with those three but hope to try more once summer arrives.

So does anyone have any advice on how I can keep BOB from interfering with my weight loss efforts? I do great on water, exercise, and food choices but I have been overeating for almost four days. Any ideas?

I guess what I really need is a good solid Day One OP again. I think TODAY will be that day. I'll also be joining in the St. Pat's challenge even if I get PG this month. I won't be losing any weight, but I can always challenge myself to eat better and move more.

I hope you all are having a great day! See you all later!

~Lisa
Closed Thread