General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 06:17 PM   #1  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Default Scale addicted kitty at it again only worse

Ok, We've created a monster (and a pretty good actress).
This morning, KiKi was sitting in front of the linen closet door while we were still in bed (sleeping in, but not yet by much), scratching on the linen closet door and crying. The only thing in the linen closet she could possibly want is - yes - the bathroom scale.

My husband woke me, telling me the cat wanted me to get the scale out for her. I told him there's no way, I'm getting up to weigh the cat. She runs our life enough as it is.

To make things worse (but much funnier) she hurt her paw three days ago.
We couldn't see any injury, but it seemed to be a scratch or something between two toes (she's good about letting us handle her feet, so we were able to find out where it hurt exactly). She was limping and holding her foot up occasionally on day 1. On day 2, she was limping and holding the foot more (but by the end of the day, we noticed she limped much worse when she saw us watching her) and today, she isn't limping at all, but every time we look at her, she lifts up her right paw and meows.

Oh Brother!
Old 02-10-2007, 07:18 PM   #2  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Oh I know what you mean about who runs the place . . . no doubt in anybody's mind around here . . . it's definitely the cats . . . and they know it.

Must admit, none of mine are anxious to get weighed . . . but they have their own little idiocyncracies.

Have fun . . .
Old 02-10-2007, 07:34 PM   #3  

silly kitty
Old 02-10-2007, 09:12 PM   #4  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

bwahahahahah

Its like my 3 year old...she loves cough syrup. So quite often before bed she suddenly "gets a cough" "I need cough go away *kaff* kaff*" With the fakest little coughs.
Old 02-10-2007, 10:05 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

My in laws cat has decided that water in a bowl is very over rated. He wants his from the kitchen tap. He won't even jump up any longer. He simply sits in front of the sink and stares at the tap. They lift him up and turn on the tap so he can get a drink. Talk about a pet who has his masters wrapped around his little paw!!!
Old 02-11-2007, 12:30 AM   #6  

My grandparents get angry if I make fun of their "little babies". She gives them whipped cream on the counter.
Old 02-11-2007, 07:54 PM   #7  

And my boyfriend said that his cat did that with her paw once...but she did it on the wrong paw.
Old 02-11-2007, 08:05 PM   #8  
Meg

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinnell View Post
My in laws cat has decided that water in a bowl is very over rated. He wants his from the kitchen tap. He won't even jump up any longer. He simply sits in front of the sink and stares at the tap. They lift him up and turn on the tap so he can get a drink. Talk about a pet who has his masters wrapped around his little paw!!!
Our five kitties like crouching by the 'mountain stream' too (really the kitchen faucet) so for Christmas, Santa brought them a kitty water fountain. A HUGE hit!!

We still have one who lies in wait until we finish a shower then jumps in and waits for us to run a tiny stream of water. Which we do, of course.

The littlest one can turn on the Tanita scale and weigh herself. She also prints test pages on the printer, plays drums, and is learning to fax.
Old 02-11-2007, 09:28 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg View Post
Our five kitties like crouching by the 'mountain stream' too (really the kitchen faucet) so for Christmas, Santa brought them a kitty water fountain. A HUGE hit!!

We still have one who lies in wait until we finish a shower then jumps in and waits for us to run a tiny stream of water. Which we do, of course.

The littlest one can turn on the Tanita scale and weigh herself. She also prints test pages on the printer, plays drums, and is learning to fax.
The in-laws bought one of these fountains......the cat looked at them like they were crazy and wouldn't venture near it. And they think our dogs have us wound around their little paws. (No, say it isn't so!!!)
Old 02-11-2007, 11:46 PM   #10  
banned

S/C/G: Countdown to goal!

Height: 5'7"

Had one of those fountains, until Kira (whom we call our forensic mouseologist because of her penchant for decapitating mice, laying the head aside, then slitting them open and turning them inside out and leaving them on the patio for our inspection...) decided to pick the filter out of the side and shred it beyond belief not once, but with two replacements. Toilet water is now their preferred favorite. Who KNOWS what goes on inside those walnut-sized brains, anyways....
Old 02-12-2007, 05:17 AM   #11  
Meg

Too funny, both of you! We're all here on earth just to serve them, right?
Old 02-14-2007, 11:26 PM   #12  
banned

S/C/G: Countdown to goal!

Height: 5'7"

No kidding!
Sammy, our only boy cat, has decided that there is something EVIL in the toilet and must be pulled out. He has splashed himself silly, and soaked the bathroom for three mornings in a row. I have NO IDEA what he is going after. I tell my husband that this is a genetic issue - men = bathroom fixations, and this "issue" is stuck on the Y chromosome (as in "Y the heck are you doing that???)...thank goodness for lots and lots of towels.
Old 02-15-2007, 12:47 AM   #13  
Pending Email Confirmation

i am so glad that i'm not the only one with a spoiled and completely insane kitty.

she has a thing for bad smells. the worst it smells the more she loves it. if she happens to be sitting on a lap of a particular gassy member of the family she is thrilled! one time I had a very garlicky onion-y meal and I yawned and she stuck her entire face inside my mouth!! What a weirdo.

We also have stopped getting her toys - she only plays with the rings off the milk jugs, so there's no point in getting her anything else.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:46 AM   #14  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Oh so hilarious. KiKi, by the way, has stopped limping, but continues to lift the offending right paw (so far, she hasn't slipped up) whenever she "asks" for a treat, or when we scold her ("how can you scold me, when I'm just a poor, wounded kitty").

We've had houseguests for the past few days (they just left this morning), and they were even beginning to "bend to her will." She loves to "inspect" our food before we eat it. I don't let her get away with it, but my husband will let her sniff his food. She doesn't attempt to eat it, she just sniffs it. If she wants any of it, she will sit at his feet and wait for him to finish (if he forgets and sets the plate or dish on the table, she will meow to remind him that he owes her a morsel).

One of our houseguests (who claims to hate cats) seeing this, actually set his granola bar in front of the cat to let her sniff it, before he ate it last night.

He was greatly amused at how much the cat loves the bathroom (we call her the potty kitty), and hates to see anyone in the bathroom alone. She'll scratch at the door and cry when anyone goes into the bathroom - in fact, if the door isn't closed tightly, she will work the door open). The funniest thing is that whenever anyone comes out of the bathroom, she races to her table (where we feed her and give her treats) expecting a treat (It's a VERY tiny apartment). We think she got the habit, because one of us would feed her right after we got out of the bathroom in the morning. But now my husband usually gives her a treat, saying "why do YOU get a treat, when I go potty?"

I had been on disability a year when we rescued her from the shelter. My husband had just been injured (we thought at the time, temporarily, but it also turned into a permanent disability). We had no idea how much this cat would become the center of our universe. She's really saved our sanity, with all of her craziness. Although I have to admit, I never thought I'd become a "cat parent," rather than a "cat owner." My husband started referring to us as Mommy and Daddy to the cat, just to annoy me, and now we both do it.
Closed Thread