South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 07:05 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default It's The Weekend On the Beach!

The sun is shining and the skies are clear, time to wake up and get the most out of the day! Jake has already left to get his car washed, and he'll meet me at the Cracker Barrel for breakfast. I'm just waiting for my hair to dry a little before I'm out the door. Afterwards we'll pick up some groceries, then it's back home again to wait for DD and little Carley. We don't have any definite plans for the rest of the day, yet.

What's happening on your part of the beach today?
Old 02-10-2007, 07:06 AM   #2  

Default Wonderful Weekend on the Beach

Cawfee's on gals!!!
I wonder if our Ruth is in her bikini yet
I have about 3 more hours to complete this project I've been working on the passed week..then after that a break from the books. Dh and I are going to take in a movie and dinner tonight.

Come grab a cuppa and tell us about your plans

And Happy Birthday to my favoritest Beach Nurse! RNMOM! I hope you git yer nose outta them nursie books today and enjoy your day!

Last edited by Schatzi; 02-10-2007 at 07:21 AM.
Old 02-10-2007, 07:54 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 179/168/145

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RNMOM!

Schatzi, good luck on finishing your project and have a fun evening with DH.

Me- Expecting my DD sometime today to come spend the day with me. We are going to celebrate her birthday too. I have to prepare a few of my meals for the week so I will keep busy this morning.

Have a great weekend everyone!

I love you sis!
Old 02-10-2007, 08:26 AM   #4  
Stinger

S/C/G: 0/0/0

Height: 5'5

Early good morning to all.

Schatzi my cawfeeeeeee is brewing. Can't wait to taste it.

We have cheerleading and wrestling today then my DS is off to a play date.

I got my homework done. I have prepared a bible study for sunday. Now all I have to do is find time to workout and clean this messy house.

cottagebythesea enjoy your Cracker Barrel. I would love to go to Bob Evans but I know that I would be in big trouble once I got a wiff of that sausage gravy.

Happy Birthday RNMOM and mamajok's DD
Old 02-10-2007, 09:06 AM   #5  

Good morning girlies!

Didn't manage to make it in here to see what you all are up to the last two days. Thursday was an eating disaster, but I recovered quickly.

Cottage Hope you enjoy your breakfast with Jake. I am ready to see some sunshine here.... hopefully next week.

Schatzi Glad to hear that your project is almost done- I am sure that will feel good to get that accomplished! What movie are you all going to see?

Stinger Enjoy your coffee! What is the Bible study on that you prepared? I am currently doing a women's study on the disciple John. I have SO much to learn!

Mama Enjoy your afternoon with your daughter. I love hanging out with my mom!

Me- Today I am going to a Stars hockey game. I agreed to mentor one of the 6th grade confirmands at church. There is one activity planned per month, so this is February's activity. I feel kind of bad for my own kids, because I will gone most of the day. They will be with my mom though and know they will have a blast. Other than that, church tomorrow, cleaning, and laundry. The usual.....

RNMom Have a wonderful birthday!!!!!
Old 02-10-2007, 10:51 AM   #6  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, RNMOM!

Sounds like everyone is going to be busy with big plans for the day. Schatzi, it must be a relief to have that one project almost completed. Have a wonderful "date" tonight with DH! Mamajok, I'm waiting for my DD and our youngest GD today, too. They're staying overnight, so it will be a fun-filled weekend. How're you making out with your DH away? It's a wonderful thing he's doing, but I'll bet you'll be glad when he's back home again. Stinger, thank goodness, the sausage gravy doesn't tempt me at all! Today I had WW French Toast with scrambled eggs and turkey sausage. With a big breakfast like that, I shouldn't be hungry again until suppertime! Kiko, you sure have a fun day planned. Don't feel too guilty about your girls, they probably won't even miss you, and you need some time for just yourself, anyway. Enjoy it!
I just put a load in the washer and took a roast beef (and some salmon for me) out of the freezer for supper. My DIL just called to ask if we could watch Amber this evening while they go out for dinner, so it looks like it'll be a fun night with the grandkids! You all know me by now, I'm in my element when I have my family here to share the day.
Old 02-10-2007, 01:17 PM   #7  
gotta lose it!

Morning all. I've been to Target to get my TurboTax & I stopped at Petco. (DF & I are looking for another kitty since we lost Thunder in Dec.) We haven't found the right kitty yet, but I'm sure we will soon. I'm kinda annoyed at all the paper work they ask for, but after listening to one idiot at Petco, I understand the reasons why. She made a stink because there were no "kittens" to adopt. There were plenty of adorable cats that need homes. Kittens do grow up to be cats. And if she prefers a kitten, so be it. But don't give the volunteer a hard time because there isn't a kitten. Ok off my soap box.
DF is at work, but when he gets home we are going to go register for gifts, look at tuxs & maybe stop at a shelter to look at the cats. I haven't even thought about dinner.....maybe salmon or some chili.

RNMom - Happy Birthday, I hope you have a great day!!!
Cottage - sounds like you are having a wonderful day. Enjoy your evening!
Kiko - have fun at the game!
Stinger - I think I'm going to join you for some coffee after I complete my taxes.
mamajok - have a great day w/ you dd....hope she has a wonderful b-day!
Schatzi - have fun w/ your "date"
Off to do my taxes.....have a great day!
Old 02-10-2007, 02:15 PM   #8  
TRIATHLETE!!!!!

S/C/G: 274/255/130

Height: 5' 5"

cottage - mmmm, Cracker Barrel! One of my favorite parts of a road trip is the mandatory stop at a Cracker Barrel the first night we're in CB Country. Their rocking chairs are the best!

Schatzi - enjoy your break from the books. It's always so nice to be done with schoolwork(?) for the week.

MamaJo - your day is sounding busier by the minute. I hope it's fantastic.

Stinger - Good for you for getting your HW done! Enjoy your sporting events.

Kiko - you have no idea how jealous I am. Not just a Saturday-night hockey game (the BEST kind), but an NHL Saturday-night hockey game?! Squeeee!

soon2bfab - I'm trying to ignore my taxes in the hopes they'll go away. That, and I need to call the student loan folks and find out where my interest statement for 2006 is. But mostly the former.

Have you looked at petfinder? That's where we found our younger boy. What I like most about that site is the ability to screen for certain criteria (young male cat in our case) without having to visit the shelter and want to take Every Single Animal home with me. Good luck in your search - the perfect fuzzy buddy is out there for you.

RNMom - I hope your birthday is lovely and filled with joy.

Me - off to hit the gym, then shower, then dive back into the homework. I need to finish my Econ (due tomorrow) and get my research done for my Psych paper (due the 23rd). We'll revisit the rest of the load tomorrow - that will be plenty for today!

Have a great Saturday, ladies!
Old 02-10-2007, 04:16 PM   #9  
Stinger

S/C/G: 0/0/0

Height: 5'5

Kiko

I will be teaching on the book of Daniel (ch. 2) on Sunday. I just finished my class on Daniel at Bible college and now I am ready to share what I have learn. This quarter I am taking Revelation and Theology II.
Old 02-10-2007, 05:23 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 165/see ticker/125

Height: 5'6

After a week of freezing, miserable weather it was finally in the 50's here! I took my dogs on a walk with my mom for 41 minutes. It was good to catch up!

Then i got some GOOD news! I was at Target with my mom and i was flipping through the YOU On A Diet book (which had huge fonts and weird childish pictures- decided not to buy) and she picked up the south beach cook book and said "South Beach is working so well for you. Don't buy another book. I'll buy this one for you... And i'm getting flabby, i need to stick with sb for good this time!" So, i got the south beach cookbook and a real life diet buddy! I can't wait to flip through it and get some recipes....

Old 02-10-2007, 09:44 PM   #11  
We are all Beautiful!!!

I hope everyone is doing well here! Sorry I haven't been around too much. My year kind of started off rough - my son shot himself in the toe with a bee bee gun and my ex has been acting up! But I've been trying to stick to the diet! It's a little slow but the scale is still going down so that is good!

I wanted to check in and say hi!
Old 02-11-2007, 07:04 AM   #12  

Anchor so good to see you pop by! I hope your sons toe is better- and on the X!!!

Rocknroll: dieting with a buddy makes it so much easier.. I hope mamarocknroll drops by and visits us Chicks!

Cinderly: You have a full load too!

Soon: He heeee... Tuxes! Bridal Registries! The fun Begins! We're getting money back so our taxes got done early!

Cottage: I know you and the grandkids had a wonderful day yesterday!

Kiko: I'm sure the kids don't mind sharing you a day a month and such a worthy volunteer opportunity!

Stinger: homework homework homework!!! Glad you got yours done.. and I'm sure there is more to come!

mamjok: hope you had a wonderful day with DD celebrating her bday!

Dinner with DH was wonderful We went to one of our favorite Italian restaurants "Biaggi's" I had Chicken Pietro. It's grilled chicken breast in a Dijon and Balsamic sauce. Steamed veggies, and a spring mix salad. 2 Glasses of Red cawfee and sambucca for desert. DELISH!!!

Today I have a "simulation" to do on line, and I think I'll be ready to take the final on this test today too. Later we think we'll take a drive out to see another 5 acre plot.
We made an offer on a 10 acre tract almost a month ago.. and the developer accepted..and we identified the areas for the perc testing...and we've asked for the contract but they are dragging their feet... and Dh is getting disgusted with them--so heck, we saw this other piece of property and so we thought we'd take a look see while there is time to bow out.
Strip Steaks , salad and cauliflower and Weezles cheese sauce is on the menu tonight But right now......

CAWFEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-11-2007, 09:38 AM   #13  

Hello ladies! Sorry I've been MIA the past few days, I've been spending most of my free time planning a trip to NYC. I've been wanting to go for awhile, and with this new job (and new pay) I am finally able to afford it!! I'm so excited. It's not until May, but airfares are super low now, so the planning has begun. I think it will also be a great motivator to help get some poundage off.

Well, it's still technically cold here...but a lot warmer than it has been. We are in positive double digits this morning. As always, I didn't do anything yesterday but watch movies in my jammies...So I have a full day. Laundry, grocery shopping, and cooking for week. And x-bf is stopping by today to pick up more of his stuff and visit his cat. I wish he would just get the rest of his stuff all at once. It's hard to move on when I see him every other week.

to all and have a great day!
Old 02-11-2007, 12:31 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 165/see ticker/125

Height: 5'6

thanks shatzi- it is pretty cool that shes joining on monday- probably not this site though

woohoo! I'm down 1.5 pounds from last week! I hit the 140's.. .finally

i made the hot chai tea from my new book last night- it was really good!

off to go eat some lunch
Old 02-11-2007, 12:44 PM   #15  

I've been enjoying a lazy Sunday morning, just reading the Sunday paper and watching HGTV. We did go out for our usual breakfast date and walked around in Walmart afterwards, but I plan to stay in the rest of the day. DD decided not to stay over last night, she had a meeting at church today that she thought she'd better not miss, since she's on the board. I think DS's family will be coming over for dinner later. I'm going to make oven roasted chicken with baked white and sweet potatoes, steamed broccoli w/cheese sauce, and corn. DS is bringing dessert, cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory (SF for me!).

Anchor, good to hear from you! That was a terrible start to your new year, I hope everything is looking a little brighter for you now.

Schatzi, Who knows, maybe you'll end up liking this new piece of land better than the other? Either way, I hope it all works out nicely for you. Now's the time to be still looking around, before you get locked into a commitment.

Anna, What fun, a trip to NYC! Have you been before? I love it, there's always something going on and lots to see. One of my favorite things to do is have lunch at Tavern On the Green in Central Park, followed by a stroll in the park to walk it off. Good luck with your X-BF, maybe he'll finally get all his stuff out. Tell him your going to start charging him storage fees, maybe that will shake him up!
Closed Thread