Old 02-09-2007, 08:45 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Default My First Time Ever!!

So I went on vacation for two weeks, and for the first time ever during my four-year weight loss journey, I maintained my weight. Usually I gain so much that it takes me three (or more) weeks to lose it all. But this time I had a written plan on what I was going to do--and what I wasn't going to do. During our two weeks on Maui, we went out to dinner twice and out to lunch once. We had no alcohol with our meals, although at the condo, I drank a glass of wine each night while watching the sun go down. The plan was to share dessert with my DH at two of those three meals (I'd already said that I wanted an entire piece of Naughty Hula Cheesecake to myself!), but I ended up eating a whole piece of really good chocolate cake, too. Forgive and move on. . .

Another reason I think that I did so well this time was that I've put on a bit of muscle this last year, and it's keeping my metabolism revved up. We snorkeled and swam and kayaked and walked so the activity level was pretty good. I even took my resistance tubes and used them a few times. But on our previous trips, my activity level was about the same so I really think it was having a plan for my eating and trying my best to stick to that plan.

So, now I've proved to myself that I really can go on vacation and maintain my weight--it's quite an exciting feeling! My advice to anyone who is afraid of vacation eating is to make a plan, write it down and carry it with you, discuss it with whomever you're vacationing with, and forgive yourself if you screw up.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 09:24 PM   #2  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 300/235/190

Height: 5'7

I soooo know exactly what you mean. Anytime I go on a holiday I pack on the lbs! You gave some great advice and I will surely keep that in mind next time I go on vacation.
TempleBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 09:58 PM   #3  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hi Sheila. Congratulations on maintaining your weight loss while on vacation! I was wondering how you did as you seemed to have a good plan, but I didnt want to be rude by asking.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 10:09 PM   #4  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Congratulations! The list that you shared had some great ideas on it. I'm glad they worked so well for you.
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 10:28 PM   #5  
ONEderland, I 0wn you!

S/C/G: 289/195/169

Height: 5'10"

So glad you found a way to enjoy your vacation without worrying about going back a few or more steps. Those are great plans and it's always nice when you have the support of those you love and are vactationing with. Congrats on the victory!
Angihas2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 03:05 AM   #6  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

It sounds like a great vacation. You had a great plan and stuck to it. And you did some awesome activities as well. What a great feeling. You must be so thrilled to not have to work on losing those "vacation" pounds. Great going!!!!
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 03:22 PM   #7  
No description available.

Yeah! Plan it and work it, baby!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 04:59 PM   #8  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

I am greeeeen with envy. I loved Maui. Oh, I'd love to be floating in the ocean with you!
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 09:57 AM   #9  
For a fit, healthy me!

S/C/G: s3x/s2x/healthy and fit

Height: 5 feet even

Talking What a great job, Sheila!

The best thing about your plan is that you treated it as a part of your vacation instead of something to go on and off! How great is that? Your mindset has changed and your payoff is in your success!
Casey4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 10:28 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

Way to go!
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote