Old 02-08-2007, 04:36 PM   #1  

Height: 5'9"

Default Measurements

Has anyone had problems with counselors doing the monthly measurements different ways? I had measurements done in December and then again today. I supposedly increased 5 inches even though I am only up 5 lbs in weight. The counselor I had said that we should get the same person to do it everytime. This is kind of hard when I have been through about 25 counselors in a year.
Bogieboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 04:52 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

There's a way they take the measurements so that even if different people do it they should get the same results. But I have found that a lot of counselors don't know or just don't do it.

Bust: Hold your arms out and they place the tape around your back. You put your arms down and they measure the fullest part.

Waist: Put your hands on your natural waist. They should measure right where you put your hands.

Hips: Put your hands on your natural waist and kinda make a V with your hands so the thumbs are around the back and the fingers are pointing down. They should measure at your middle fingers.

Thighs: Make a fist and hold it at your side. They should measure at the bottom of your knuckles.

I find that my results are obviously more accurate when the same person does it, but after six months the asst. mgr. left so I just have them keep doing it that way.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 06:49 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 228 in 2006/185/160

Height: 5'4"

Thats where my measurements are taken too Cassi, so at least if its different people the places they measure should at least be close.
MomOfThreeTeens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 12:27 AM   #4  

Height: 5'9"

They do my measurements in the same places also but you will have one person that makes the measuring tape a little tight to cover the extra inches due to clothes. Then you have one that loosely wraps the tape around you so you think that you have not dropped any inches.
Bogieboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 07:50 AM   #5  

Very true. I had one counselor pull it tight and I had lost an amazing amount that month despite only losing 3lbs. and then the next month another person did it and I had gained inches despite losing 7lbs. However, I've learned from that and I just make sure I tell them if they are pulling too tight or not tight enough. At this point I've been doing the program longer than all of the counselors except the COD manager so I just tell them when it's not right.
Old 02-09-2007, 09:23 AM   #6  

LOL there ya go Cassi, keep those counselors in line!
Old 02-09-2007, 09:42 AM   #7  

One thing I've learned from the girls here is it's my money and my body. I am paying A LOT for a service and they need to deliver. That doesn't mean I'm a b****, it just means that I have learned about taking responsibility for the program and making sure I get the most out of it.
Old 02-09-2007, 10:06 AM   #8  

Well said Cassi
Old 02-09-2007, 10:12 AM   #9  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

nice job Cassi! way to be! i should've been that way with a few of the cranky ladies at my old COD. they were horrible.
thanks for putting in the light: it's my body, my money and they need to give me the service i'm paying for! damn straight!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 12:15 PM   #10  
Kim - IP 9/10

And with clothes on, it's a crap shoot anyway.

I also crack up at the way they put the blood pressure cuffs on. I'm always amazed that I don't register as "dead" the cuff is so loose.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote