General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 06:37 PM   #1  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Default Oh my gah...help me

I am having my daughter's birthday party saturday. I sent out evites and hardly anyone had rsvp'd, so I sent out reminder evites

EVERYONE is coming. I really didnt expect that. I just invited a few people here and there, most of whom have never been able to come to anything.

There will be 13 children, not including mine.

I am sicker than a dog and have done NO preparation. No goody bags, no paper plates. I have ordered the cake, but I dont think it is big enough (Oh well at least no leftovers)

WHAT WAS I THINKING??????

How many pizzas do you need for 13 kids and 15 adults? (and 3 infants )
Old 02-08-2007, 06:42 PM   #2  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

10 pizzas should do it, have them cut them in 10 slices.
You can get all of the supplies at the part store AND you can always pick up a small cake at the market or some ice cream, kids really don't like the cake anyway.

You can knock all this stuff out in an hour tomorrow!
Old 02-08-2007, 06:42 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Oh ennay, is there someone you can call to have them come and help you? Being sick is no fun, but being sick and having to do all that planning...heaven help you!

As for the pizza, it depends on the ages of the kids. Kids usually want 2 slices each, but you can always cut the slices in half before you dish it out--make it stretch farther.
Old 02-08-2007, 06:50 PM   #4  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Its an icecream cake, but maybe I'll grab something extra. It just hit me since all of the rsvp's came today. This morning I was thinking "nice intimate party". Now I am thinking...zoo should have been the theme
Old 02-08-2007, 07:10 PM   #5  
Ilene the Bean

I remember those days Anne!! Oh, sooooo stressful why do we do that to ourselves....... I'm sure the adults will help you and hopefully your hubby too...get a good 10-15 pizzas and freeze the leftovers, I always err on the side of too much food than not enough... Get 2 cakes... Get hubby to go to the dollar store and fill up a bunch of bags for the kiddies with junk ...

Zoo is a great theme
Old 02-08-2007, 07:12 PM   #6  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

I just realized...I was planning on take and bake pizza, but I cant BAKE that much pizza and none of the pizza places are open before the party. Sheesh
Old 02-08-2007, 07:54 PM   #7  
newlifestyle

S/C/G: 250/200/177

Height: 5' 3"

Make something easy like hotdogs, I know it isn't good for you but the kids like it. You don't need to have a huge meal, I found any parties my ds' have gone to with hotdogs or lunch meat and buns, carrots, celery, more finger foods, seem to be quite the hit. I wouldn't serve it for a dinner but for a birthday party with that many kids it would work. Make pick plates. Apple slices orange slices juice boxes. Keep it simple, the have fun with the excitement.

Good luck.
Old 02-08-2007, 08:20 PM   #8  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennay View Post
I am having my daughter's birthday party saturday. I sent out evites and hardly anyone had rsvp'd, so I sent out reminder evites

EVERYONE is coming. I really didnt expect that. I just invited a few people here and there, most of whom have never been able to come to anything.

There will be 13 children, not including mine.

I am sicker than a dog and have done NO preparation. No goody bags, no paper plates. I have ordered the cake, but I dont think it is big enough (Oh well at least no leftovers)

WHAT WAS I THINKING??????

HELLLLLLLLL-OOOOOOOOOOOO You WEREN'T THINKING!

How many pizzas do you need for 13 kids and 15 adults? (and 3 infants )
WELL ENNAY, I "LIKE" to order 1 x-large pizza per person (big on leftover pizza here) but Angie usually figures 5 kids OR 3 adults to an x-large pizza, we always have plenty. There are cheaper ways to go though, as suggested hot dogs...hamburgers....no one really cares! PAR-TAY! on girl!!
Old 02-08-2007, 08:23 PM   #9  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newlifestyle View Post
Make something easy like hotdogs, I know it isn't good for you but the kids like it. You don't need to have a huge meal, I found any parties my ds' have gone to with hotdogs or lunch meat and buns, carrots, celery, more finger foods, seem to be quite the hit. I wouldn't serve it for a dinner but for a birthday party with that many kids it would work. Make pick plates. Apple slices orange slices juice boxes. Keep it simple, the have fun with the excitement.

Good luck.
I recalculated and that would be 4-5 pizzas, not 10-15. WHEW. Four large pizzas, one premade fruit tray, one premade veggie tray, apple juice and pop. And I'll pick up a little extra premade cake to go with the one I ordered.

Nope, my daughter wont eat a hotdog (or any other meat product) if she were starving to death and 6 of the guests are strict vegetarian.

Besides, if we run out of pizza, that just means everyone eats too damn much...call me the calorie controller.
Old 02-08-2007, 08:26 PM   #10  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

P.S. Wait until parties when they start graduating high school ~ then college ~ then weddings ~ then you wonder how much alcohol you have to buy...are there enough designated drivers here? You have it easy now dear!! HA!!
Old 02-08-2007, 08:30 PM   #11  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Quote:
I recalculated and that would be 4-5 pizzas, not 10-15. WHEW. Four large pizzas, one premade fruit tray, one premade veggie tray, apple juice and pop. And I'll pick up a little extra premade cake to go with the one I ordered.

Nope, my daughter wont eat a hotdog (or any other meat product) if she were starving to death and 6 of the guests are strict vegetarian.

TREE HUGGERS

Besides, if we run out of pizza, that just means everyone eats too damn much...call me the calorie controller.
Did you not read my post? You HAVE to have a for each person ~ it's the LAW!!
Old 02-08-2007, 08:43 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

Do you have a Little Caesar's or Dominos where you get the pizzas for $5 bucks? And skip the party store, hit a dollar store. They have all the stuff you need for goody bags for only a dollar! Definitely get a parent that you are close with to come early and help out.

Tiki
Old 02-08-2007, 09:16 PM   #13  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Lol Gary, come to my party and I'll get a meat lovers pizza JUST for you.
Old 02-08-2007, 10:03 PM   #14  
No description available.

Good luck! We're having a birthday party this weekend, too, but it is at a martial arts place. No cleaning for yours truly before or after.

Keep it simple and try to have a good time. : )
Old 02-08-2007, 10:20 PM   #15  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikanique View Post
Do you have a Little Caesar's or Dominos where you get the pizzas for $5 bucks? And skip the party store, hit a dollar store. They have all the stuff you need for goody bags for only a dollar! Definitely get a parent that you are close with to come early and help out.

Tiki
Add a bottle of $2 Buck Chuck ($2 for my pal Allison and I anyway here in California) and that still leaves you $3 for a babysitter for those kids! Cheap wine ~ cheap pizza ~ no kids ~ PRICELESS!

Quote:
Lol Gary, come to my party and I'll get a meat lovers pizza JUST for you.
DEAL! As long as there is extra cheese! My wife decided today to give up refined sugar for 2 weeks...e-mailed my daughter to talk her into it...could be he$$ around here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwife View Post
Good luck! We're having a birthday party this weekend, too, but it is at a martial arts place. No cleaning for yours truly before or after.

Does that include the blood?

Keep it simple and try to have a good time. : )
Simple? It ain't ever SIMPLE with kids!
Closed Thread