South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 11:20 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 166

Height: 5 foot 4

Unhappy Discouraged- scale isn't budging... and how bad is this 'cheat?' Suggestions?

I am a little discouraged because I've lost barely any weight (5-6 lbs) and been on the diet for almost a month.. and the scale hasn't budged for the last week and a half at all- and my portion sizes are fine, following everything is fine, my calories should be fine.... I had to do phase 3 for almost 3 weeks because I messed up the first week, somehow managed to GAIN a pound the 3rd week (and I only lost 1 pound the 1st week) and the scale isn't budging. I'm doing everything right. I am not having too many calories. Probably in-between 1100-1400 a day. reduced fat content. Though I go to school full time and work full time and have NO free time, I even fit in excercise 3X last week.

I cheated today for the 1st time- had some regular milk in coffee. That is my first cheat. How bad is this cheat? I'm afraid I'm going to gain back the 5 pounds I lost overnight because of it.

I'm finding phase 2 much harder than phase 1- for some reason I'm much hungrier, and it is much, much, harder to fight cravings. I feel constantly hungry. Phase 1 I wasn't really hungry after the 1st week. Anyone else have this problem with phase 2?

Last edited by gebbeth; 02-08-2007 at 11:25 AM. Reason: typo
Old 02-08-2007, 01:01 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/125/125

Height: 5'5"

Gebbeth,

One cheat of regular milk in your coffee isn't going to make you gain weight so don't panic. I know that my weight loss has been much slower than some here. I lost like 9 pounds in the phase 1 (with the majority of it in the first week) and since it has been either lose a pound (and regain it/lose it and then finally keep it off) or plateau. I have been on the diet since January 1 and have lost 12 pounds.

I did notice a couple times I was much hungrier on phase 2 than phase 1 and for me it was because my diet had shifted from less protein intake on phase 2. I really have to pay attention to the balance of the carbs and proteins since I know that carbs are my triggers (not sugar). If you are struggling with hunger pains I would make sure you are doing snacks so that you are basically eating every 3 hours.

Just my 2 cps and I am sure the more knowledgeable ones will help. Hang in there and don't give up!

~Robin
Old 02-08-2007, 02:04 PM   #3  

Default Thanks

I appreciate the encouragement. I am glad other people are having such success, just was wondering at times what was wrong with me/what I was doing wrong. I am glad to know I'm not the only one it's taking a while. And I'll try watching the protein... thanks for the suggestion!
Old 02-08-2007, 02:16 PM   #4  

Height: 5'4"

You said you had to do phase 3 for 3 weeks? I don't understand this part...I am into my second month and am still doing phase 1 and phase 2 together...

Perhaps your not eating enough snacks between meals?

I feel that little bit of milk in your coffee isn't bad...
Just hang in there, and don't give up...the weight will start to move again soon...

6lbs is something to cheer about, better than 6 lbs gained....
Old 02-08-2007, 03:26 PM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Lubajo, I think Gebbeth meant Phase 1 for three weeks.

Gebbeth, have you tried running your foods and amounts through Fitday? It may show you something. You could also post your meu and quantity in here and see if the smart Beachers can spot something.

Lots of folks have a problem getting the hang of Phase II. Check out Emergency Handbook for Phase II in the FAQ Section.
Old 02-09-2007, 01:31 AM   #6  

oops, yes I meant phase 1 for 3 weks...

I will gladly check out the 'facts' section, but, um, being a newbie not quite sure where to find it? I will start to try writing down diet, after a few days will post. (sigh) I thank goodness this site is here for support and suggestions- don't want to throw in the towel yet...
Old 02-09-2007, 06:27 AM   #7  

I am kind of depressed as I have only lost six pounds since I started this on Jan 2. I have not cheated one time, read labels carefully and this site. I am not exercising though as I have health issues and care for a disabled spouse. By the time I am finished doing household chores I am too tired to exercise. Makes me think I might as well eat and do what I want as I am not being rewarded. My doctor has ordered a thyroid test to make sure everything is ok there. It is possible all the radiation might have damaged something there, too.

NYcousin
Old 02-09-2007, 07:32 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Gebbeth, here is the link (just click) for the FAQ Section. There is lots of good info there.

Nycousin, so sorry you are down. Being a caregiver is hard work - I speak from experience. I'm glad you are getting a thyroid check-up. Now 5 pounds is still five pounds. Have you run your foods through www.fitday.com?
Old 02-09-2007, 10:31 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 170

Height: 4' 11"

I had problems after 9 days on phase one, I just couldn't lose any weight. I lost 8 pounds then was at a stand still.I went back on phase one for another week, now I am down 10 pounds. I might just stick on it another week, before I go to phase 2. I feel better now knowing I am losing again. Just stick to it the weight will come off. Joyce
Old 02-11-2007, 02:33 PM   #10  

One thought for everyone whose scale is not budging, make sure you are drinking enough water. Sometimes its easy to get so focused on following the meals that we forget to keep ourselves floating. And floating really is key...so in addition to following Ruth's advice and checking fit day to make sure you are not eating more than you think OR not eating enough, when you sit down to record those foods - do it with a big ole glass of H2O.
Closed Thread