Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 08:49 PM   #1  
GmaTo8

Smile Weight Loss and Chitchat #233

Hello and to the Jaded Ladies site!

We are a group of ladies that come here for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting. So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome.
Old 02-06-2007, 09:20 PM   #2  
GmaTo8

Hiya ladies,

Tammy - we all vent here sooner or later and find it helpful. Neal and I were the ones who took care of his mom. Everyone else had move away, and we got lots of kudos for doing the job from most of his siblings, but there were a couple of them who gave us grief over every decision we made. Grrrr!

Marti - I can just see you dancing around the house. I've been dancing myself ever since my foot was fixed. I can't believe the difference!

Cristina - oh my gosh, you wouldn't believe how dirty my van is, especially the outside. But the temps are too cold to wash it. The very next day that it's above freezing, I'm going to get it washed. The inside needs cleaned, too. I know all about dog hair in a vehicle, lol. My seat are leather, so it blows right off of those, but I have to take a damp cloth to the floor to remove it all. Mmmm... I like the Olive Garden, too. We don't have one locally, and that may be a good thing, lol.

Jodi - I hope you had fun with your mom and grandma until the snow started. We got only a dusting of it where I am, but more is supposed to be on the way. Yeah, weigh-ins can be weird. In the past, I've lost on weeks when I should have gained, and gained or maintained on weeks that I've been POP. (perfectly on program)

Sassy - hope you're feeling better.

Jules - where are you, sweet cheeks?

Mary Kate - how's your arm?

Michelle - how's Oreo?

Angie - what's new with you?

Sue - are you feeling better? Aren't you missing these freezing temps in Indiana, lol?

Vann - how are you today?

devilish - this is the right place.

A big hello to anyone else reading this.

I went with Gina to Evansville today to get an ultrasound on Jackson's heart, since Terry had to work. That was interesting, to say the least. He didn't want us to see much of his little face, just a peek at it.

After that, I came home and made vegetable soup for tomorrow's lunch and Thursday's dinner. I have a friend coming for lunch tomorrow. I haven't seen her for about 22 years, so this should be interesting. We used to work together, and she tracked me down, which is pretty cool, and called me last week. So, you know me! I invited her out for lunch, lol.

Gotta run....
Old 02-07-2007, 03:17 AM   #3  

Height: 5'1"

Popping in really quick before bed. Had a long day it feels!!

I procrastinated today about walking. I had a headache and felt that was a great excuse to not walk. Then I sat down and thought about how far I've come so far and then thought...."How bad is this headache"? Well....not that bad, just a hint of one coming on.

So, I got on the treadmill and walked. Sweated like crazy and when my time was up...felt pretty darn good! Plus, headache never really got bad, it went away.

Now talk about giving yourself a peptalk!

Ok...that's all I've got for tonight. Off to bed I must go.

Hugs to you all!
Old 02-07-2007, 10:52 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 166

Height: 5'4"

Just a quick hello because the site is acting really funny today...having a hard time loading pages??

Thank you so much to everyone that had well wishes and prayers for Griffin. He is doing much better..I am hopeful that he can go to school tomorrow!! Say a prayer for that!! LOL

I didn't check in yesteday as I had a funeral to go to last night which made for a very stressful week..between my DS sick, my trip to Atlanta..my being sick and loosing my first childhood friend at what I consider to be a young age (48) it has made for a VERY tough week. I took today off to be able to mentally regroup. I kinda blew my food yesterday, but as I reveiw my past few weeks I am only happy that it hasnt' been worse. As Mom's, we sometimes forget that we have to take care of US FIRST...I am doing that today and am already feeling back on track. So glad you all are here to listen!!

Jane- I hope you are not getting sick..remember WE HAVE TO TAKE CARE OF OURSELVES FIRST (LOL) Hugs to you!

Jodi -I hope your husband gets well soon..

Marti- Thanks for your wells wishes too...

Christina- There were 40 kids at the doctor Monday morning..they said they have NEVER had a day like that...AND I so glad you enjoyed your V-day. I totally agree--Messages of love should be spontaneous and random and FREQUENT!!!

Sassy--You stay warm!!

Take care all..and I hope I am motivated to eat better today. I am feeling fat...but oh well..it is a day a time journey and I am reminding myself all day!
Old 02-07-2007, 03:29 PM   #5  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

VANN...I am so sorry to hear of your friends passing. Lots of hugs to you And yes, 48 is too young to die. I'm glad you are taking care of you. I think we tend to forget sometimes. Glad Griffin is feeling better.

JANE...cool to visit with old friends. Hope you ladies have a nice get-together and lunch.

MARTI...good job on the walking.

JODI...you know, there are going to be weeks/WI's like that and as hard as it is try not to get discouraged. It seems like when I know I have done good and expect a good loss it never is. The times I think I mess up is when I loss more, go figure. But you just gotta keep on truckin'.

Nothing much going on with me. Went and did some of my shopping today. Had to get some stuff for Josh's birthday. he had been wanting an IPod so I got him one. He will be surprised for sure! Got some small balloons to send, some of his favorite magazines and going to make some cookies for him later. Wish I could send a cake or cupcakes but I am afraid it wouldn't make the trip. I know it wouldn't, lol. So cookies are the next best thing I guess. I hate missing the kids birthday's. Oh well, I am sure there will be more missed ones so I better get used to it. Anyway...hoping all is well with everyone. Have a good day!
Old 02-07-2007, 05:38 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 205/193/155

Just chcking in. It sure is cold here. Bbbrrrr....
HELLO TO EVERYONE!!!!

Will try and check in later.
Old 02-07-2007, 07:39 PM   #7  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Marti - yay for you, walking the dreadmill.... er, treadmill ... when you didn't feel like it. I did the same thing the other day, and was so glad I did. Gives us a sense of accomplishment, or something, doesn't it?

Cristina - wow, Josh is going to love the iPod for sure! And the other things, too. You are such a thoughtful mom, Cristina. If you think he'd like a card from this old JL, PM me his address and I'll be happy to send him one. I know that sooner or later I'll have to miss out on the kids' birthday, too, and I won't like it either.

Vann - yes, 48 is much to young to die. That's how old my sister Norma was when she passed away. I'm so sorry for your loss. Glad to hear Griffin is doing better. There is an old Chinese proverb that translates to: "After me, you first". When I first heard that several years ago, I thought it sounded kind of selfish, but then I understood the depth of it - kind of like how on an airplane they say in an emergency to put your own oxygen mask on first, so that you are useful to others. Now that I'm down to no kids living at home, it's easier to take care of me, lol.

The lunch with my friend was so nice. I think we were each equally glad to see that the other had gained quite a bit of weight over the last 20 years, tee hee. We talked and talked, and still didn't get caught up, so she invited me for lunch at her house for a week from tomorrow. Tomorrow is my day to eat with niece Carol. Yowza, these lunches are getting out of control, lol.

I still have my cold/sinus problems and am feeling yucky. I couldn't sleep with all the sinus drainage last night, and have been up since 3AM, so hopefully I'll get to bed early tonight. I'm doing well with the food, but haven't had nearly enough water for some reason. That's not usually a problem for me.

Toodles,
Old 02-07-2007, 08:02 PM   #8  
GmaTo8

Thumbs up

Almost forgot to mention... 3FCs admins Suzanne and Jennifer were interviewed for an article in the March issue of Oprah magazine. How cool is that? Subscribers have it already, and the magazine will be on the newsstands February 20th for the rest of us.
Old 02-07-2007, 11:08 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 205/193/155

Unhappy

I just came back in to share my gloominess.

I feel like I can't do this. My hubby went out and got pizza and breadsticks for supper. The pizza didn't do me in, had enough points for that, it was the darned breadsticks. Stupidly I sat with the breadstick bag in front of me and then I didn't know how many I had eaten. So I counted what was left and thought no problem I will use my extra points. Well DUH- now I have used up ALL of my points (been pretty good about rationing them out for the whole week) and I still have 4 days left.
I feel grumpy, I feel stupid, I feel like a failure- there I said it. This was so much easier the first time around. I have been OP really well the past 3 weeks and have hardly had anything to show for it. I am feeling like "what's the point" at the moment? At this rate I am still going to be fat for yet another summer and never be able to wear anything cool looking.
I just want to crawl under a rock!
Old 02-08-2007, 02:51 AM   #10  
a work in progress

Jodi, I think I'm the only one here this late, and we haven't even met...so hi, I'm Mary Kate (Katiecat) Haven't been on for a while because I am having some trouble with my right hand and arm. But I just wanted to give you some encouragement, hon, 'cuz you sound really down. When you have a set back like that, all you can do is pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start up where you left off. Get right back OP for your very next meal. If you are out of extra points for the week, then find some good WW friendly recipes to make it through the rest of the week, maybe a lowfat, lowcal version of something you've been craving or just one of your favorite foods. Find some non-food ways to treat yourself. Exercise and make sure to drink your water to make you feel better about the slip up. And HANG IN THERE!!!

Here is something to think about:

"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt creep in. Forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it well and serenely." – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hi to everyone else, I miss you all. I'll try to get back on a couple of times before my surgery next Thursday.

Hugs,
MK
Old 02-08-2007, 12:08 PM   #11  
GmaTo8

Jodi - I think Mary Kate said it so well regarding using your points that I have no other advice for you about that. But please know that we all have been in the same frame of mind that you are right now, and totally understand your feelings of helplessness. Maybe if you are not quite ready mentally, you could focus on maintaining until you are ready. There's nothing at all wrong with that. The important thing is to please just keep coming here for encouragement, and to talk about any aspect of your life you want to share. Remember the Jaded Lady motto: what you weigh is NOT who you are.

Mary Kate - so good to see you, sweetie. Hopefully, you'll make it back before your surgery. I'm sure we'll chat on the phone before then, but be sure to let me know how the surgery went, and I'll report in here to the others for you.

Hi to everyone else. I'm on a cyber mission to figure out which of my DDs went over on the cell phone minutes - my bill is too high, and they both are on my plan.

BBL,
Old 02-08-2007, 07:54 PM   #12  

Hi Ladies!!

AND First things first.

Jodi- I so agree with Jane and Mary Kate. This day in your life doesn't define who you are as a person. Please don't beat yourself up-it adds to the emotional component that feeds unhealthy thoughts and eating patterns. We all make mistakes and I love Mary Kate's Emerson quote. Tomorrow is another day and it is NEVER too late to start over. If you remember, I felt that way last week when I ate 4 brownies...ate a boiled egg for dinner and still lost weight....AND even if I hadn't- I was determined not to give up. Hugs to you!

Mary Kate- That was beautiful- I am going to print it and hang it at work!

Christina-Thanks for the hugs. I am sorry you weren't physically with Josh, but all the neat things will certainly bring you to him in spirit!!

Jane- Thanks for your kind words. Please take care of your self. A sinus infection can really bring you down. AND I can relate to the lunches..I have had some many business functions lately..tonight I had crab dip and FRIED calamari..I didn't eat much ...am on the edge of my plan, but sometimes it is just hard to keep being faced the temptations. I much prefer my eating routine..it so much easier to eat healthy!

Hugs to all of you..
Old 02-09-2007, 09:16 AM   #13  
GmaTo8

TGIF!

Yowza, it's sure quiet in here.

Vann - so far, I've done real well with controlling the food at all te lunches I've had with friends and family recently. And tomorrow, I'm fixing a Weight Watcher lunch for my nephew and his wife. I talked to him last night, and he said they're doing WW at home. They have the notion they're stuck eating only celery sticks and chicken breasts for life, lol. I've scaled down a couple recipes that I think they'll like. Helping someone re-enforces my resolve to stay OP.

Hello to anyone else reading this.

As I mentioned to Vann, I'm doing well with food, but for some reason, I haven't gotten as much water as I should have. Must work on that today! I'm heading to town shortly to do my grocery shopping. Usually this is done before the Friday rush, but oh well.

Have a good day, ladies,!
Old 02-09-2007, 11:37 AM   #14  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Ladies--

Haven't been much into wanting to plop in front of the computer after work the last day or so......been feeling tired. Had to get up way to early for my taste yesterday to go to the dentist. Not a big fan of going!

Jane--It does give me a sense of accomplishment when I walk. And I do enjoy how things are starting to look better on me. I'm not so frumpy.

Vann--So sorry to hear about your friend! 48 is young. My heart goes out to you and her family.

Jodi-- As Jane mentioned...we've all been in that frame of mind. And don't worry about letting it all out here. That is what we're here for...to support each other during difficult times. Come here anytime you need to ok.

Marykate--You gave great advice!! And I like the quote you wrote too. I'm sorry that your hand has been bothering you so much. Really miss you posting, but understand fully how difficult it must be. Many hugs your way!!

Cristina--You're a terrific mom. And I'm sure Josh misses being at home w/you for his birthday too. He'll love all that you gave him.

Hello to the rest of you girls out there!

Today is FINALLY FRIDAY!!!! I pick up my DD after work. We're stopping at Target on the way home.....there is a video game that she's been wanting so we're going to see if there is one available there.

Better get moving...need breakfast and then a shower. So you all have a great rest of the day!
Old 02-09-2007, 08:29 PM   #15  

Hello to all!!

Everybody must be getting ready for BIG weekend plans...

Jane--How did lunch turn out?? I too love trying new dishes that are healthy. I am going to try and find a recipe to post that I became famous for years ago. It was called Southwestern Seafood Lasagne and it came from a Cooking Light book..maybe 15 years ago..it was so wonderful..very complex, but worth the effort!! I will post it when I find it...

Marti--What Video game hunt are you on. Me and Griffin are going to do the same thing tomorrow, but we don't have a game in mind yet....

I hope you all have a great Friday night..see you tomorrow..

Hello to all!!

Hugs,
Closed Thread